PDA

View Full Version : Can't be jesus

eslupminoyler
01-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Maynard is far too knowledgable of the bible to flat out mean "The father had nothing to say." Get off your fucking cross. Unless he meant it like this: Could he possibly be so exasperated and bewildered that a being, mortal or immortal would dies for a body of people that totally despised him. That is what I love about Maynard his vision is incredible, he can see ideas or possibly the future or past play out in his head whether or not this is true.
I also believe that Maynards feelings are very impulsive, he expresses what he feels but may not truly believe it fully. Hell all humans are like that emotions are deceiving.
OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT
Is it just me or does all rock music seem shallow, and weak after listening to tool?

andal
01-29-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by eslupminoyler
Maynard is far too knowledgable of the bible to flat out mean "The father had nothing to say." Get off your fucking cross. Unless he meant it like this: Could he possibly be so exasperated and bewildered that a being, mortal or immortal would dies for a body of people that totally despised him. That is what I love about Maynard his vision is incredible, he can see ideas or possibly the future or past play out in his head whether or not this is true.
I also believe that Maynards feelings are very impulsive, he expresses what he feels but may not truly believe it fully. Hell all humans are like that emotions are deceiving.
OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT
Is it just me or does all rock music seem shallow, and weak after listening to tool?

it's not just you , people always ask me if i've heard this or that on the radio, i must ask them how can you tell any of that crap apart, their like "this rocks" and i'm like any band can rock but TOOL can make you think infinitly, there's maybe one other band worth listening to { insert band }. i listen to aenima as much ,no more than ever and i always seem to find some new way to hear...my brand is TOOL

ignore-reality
01-31-2003, 11:11 AM
Ever since I heard "Eulogy" 6 years ago I have always related this song to Jesus. As others have said, maybe Maynard is using Jesus as a metaphor or as a symbol of organized religion as a whole. I think every line fits the life and teachings of Jesus and some people, regardless of belief, don't want to admit that. Not all Tool songs are meant to be taken literally and in some I see much satire and sarcasm. In "Eulogy" I think the debate is whether the lyrics should be taken literally, not on who is being referred to. I think one should not dispose the notion that this song refers to Jesus Christ. What in the song PROVES that notion incorrect? Tool's "Eulogy" is truly one of the most powerful songs lyrically and musically I have ever heard.