PDA

View Full Version : my opinion

thegman420
01-29-2003, 01:37 PM
I've only read one opinion on this song, I think it was called H. broken down step, by step. It was the author's opinion that the song refers to parenthood, this was a brilliant, well founded opinion, one that I can't argue, but I just wanted to express my opinion since that's the purpose of this forum.
I believe this song to be more of an overcoming of an addiction or a negative lifestyle (perhaps an overprotective parent). I think that the consideratley killing me is, well, atleast I'm getting something good from it (e.g. a buzz) if it's gonna kill me. The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been is more of hind site. Have you ever done something and later on realized how stupid you were? This is more of a flirting with disaster type of thing, you know it's dangerous and you still do it anyway and occasionally you're reminded of what could have happened.
As the snake was drown... my fear begins to fade. The person has reached the level were the snake (temptation or dependency) is no longer overpowering and can be looked in the eye w/o falling into temptation.
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong and I'm sure if Maynard reads this he is probably amazed how ignorant I really am. But anyway, the song is helping me cope with my dependency of alcohol, so Maynard, even if I blew the meaning of the song, it still has a positive impact on me and in the long run I'm sure that's something you might appriciate.

Jack Handy
01-29-2003, 10:17 PM
That does go along with what Maynard said in an interview. When asked what the song H. is about he said that his sons name is Devo H, and left it at that. Good luck with that alcohol addiction, but dont you think it is funny that SELF help programs have GROUP meetings? or is it just me?

thegman420
01-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Well, I have to agree with George Carlin on the self help thing. If you go somewhere else to get help, it's not self help, it's help. If you can truly fix it yourself, then you didn't need help.