PDA

View Full Version : its holding us back.

forkedpath
01-29-2003, 02:10 AM
i feel the grudge is all about personal prejudices people hold. we have the need to feel what we know to be true, IS true, and when those ideals are challenged, we get angry and deny those telling us otherwise.

many people build their entire thought processes and identities around these unwieldy thoughts, and so they weigh themselves down...taking mental baggage with them through each life experience, letting it limit what theyre able to carry out of them. by denying that there are other possibilities than their own...many people in higher levels of government (for example) work to keep people in this state of denial. and why not, as long as it works to further their cause, right?

some people choose to let this anchor go. allow themselves to be open minded, and to become compassionate humans.

if all of us chose not to weigh ourselves down with outdated hatred, and instead look to each other for help and understanding, we might all gain something much greater than personal satisfaction or a cushy income. whether this be further insight into our purpose, or our abilities...maybe both.

another note: not too long ago, blair posted something on the tool site about aleister crowley, and one of his ideals, dealing with two (or more?) people being able to transcend, and turn inner lead into 'potable gold'. so might this be the transformation of leaden grudges into gold?

Smokin joe
02-03-2003, 07:10 AM
whenever I feel myself holding a grudge, or dwelling too much on a certain matter, i crank up the volume and listen to that song. I build myself up, and during that scream is when i let go. I don't speak, I just listen and try to soak it all in.

I'm so glad that band like this exists, it would seem like they are still trying to elevate people with their music. TOOL seems to want more than fans to like their music. They want their fans to be intelligent human beings who think for themselves. I don't know if it'll start a revolution or anything, but TOOL has become so well respected as of late it's incredible.

The best part is that they keep getting better. I don't know how i'd live if it weren't for this amazing band, They've opened my eyes to quite a bit, space being one thing.

After listening to this song and Lateralus (the song), i've just gotten so curious about this infinite beyond called space. And there's nothing sweeter than getting toasted and looking at pictures of galaxies while listening to this CD. It makes me feel like i'm swinging on the spiral and still am a human.

joe