PDA

View Full Version : baptism

hoodling1229
11-26-2004, 07:13 AM
did anyone ever think about this song in relation to baptism? all the references to water: fisherman, swimming. maybe he's talking about how he has moved away from his parents' ideas. w/e

naked_but_oblivious
11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
could be. if it is, it strikes me as an older person being baptised. like if he just discovered or decided to indulge in religion.

Seems like I've been here before.
Seems so familiar.
Seems like I'm slipping
into a dream within a dream.

5-MeO-AmT
12-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Why would you trade all of your tomorrows for a yesterday? So you can go back and forget what you were going to change in the first place, and fuck it up again? Your twice the fuck up you'll never be.

naked_but_oblivious
03-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Why would you trade all of your tomorrows for a yesterday? So you can go back and forget what you were going to change in the first place, and fuck it up again? Your twice the fuck up you'll never be.

wow. thats not very nice at all.

its actually a janis joplin quote, that used to apply to my life. to me it means that things are never going to be as good as they used to be, so whats the point in going forward. but things have changed since then and i look forward to tomorrow.

moneyisevil
09-24-2005, 11:19 AM
im so pissed i was baptised..but at the same time it doesnt mean anything anyway