PDA

View Full Version : just a reflection...

Brokenelevator
01-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Anybody else notice how incredibly comforting this song is?

Peculiar, seeing as it's a "fuck all your materialism, fuck our society's obsession with money, etc." song. But to me this song is an incredible source of comfort/calm/peace, and I frequently fall asleep to it.

Perhaps it's just a feeling of "i'm not alone, somebody else on the planet realizes that society is fucked up too".

But I can't help feeling more...still....when I hear the blissful music of Aenema begin, and Maynard's voice crooning "THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT IS TO FLUSH IT ALL AWAY!"

Odd but true.

Your thoughts?

(In review of this post, I'm betting that it's more than likely a common TOOL fan experience and less odd than I might think. But that will remain to be seen in your followups. Hehe. )

Cronos
01-28-2003, 07:38 PM
It's gotta be the Tool music. The most comforting part of the song is when Maynard cries out, "Mmmm...Cuz I'm praying for rain and, I'm praying for tidal waves."

The music changes beautiful into the transition in Maynard's voice. It's very relaxing. This is one of my favorite parts of the CD, and of this song. Tonight though, I'm sleeping to Ænema, Third Eye is another good sleeper. My favorite part of that is louder though, the first, "PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE!"

Tool's just good because they use guitars to set the mood and environment of the song. Maynard does the same with his voice, so it works well. I really think that's the way the whole music is from Tool though, just really well done, and thought to the point where it just works perfectly. Everything done is well meticulated and thought out. It blends well, while most of the bands out now just sing to noise in my opinion. I can't sleep to that.