PDA

View Full Version : Resonance in Freemasonry principles

Christoff
11-03-2004, 06:09 AM
I have to do a bit of research on Mozart at the moment and was reading up on Freemasonry when I came across a few interesting resemblences between their principles and TOOL lyrics, especially the lyrics of Schism.

http://www.fact-index.com/f/fr/freemasonry.html

I don't wish to point them all out for you as I know the majority reading this have the intelligence to do it for themselves. I will however point something out that many probably wouldn't notice. At the bottom of the article it talks about "The Two Great Schisms of Freemasonry (1753 and 1877)". Now, the difference between the years is 124. If we establish a sequence with that number we'll find the next year in the sequence to be 2001. Now that is a sweet coincidence!

Cyanide ChrYst
11-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey, my neighbor had a kid in 2001. Maybe hes the reincarnate of jesus?

Lateral Us
11-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Danny Careys dad was a freemason, for those that didnt know.

hoodling1229
11-06-2004, 12:38 PM
thank you for posting this. very insiteful, but i doubt that the 124 period thing was on purpose.

Triangular_Vision
12-06-2004, 10:53 AM
i dont think it totally matters if it was on purpose or not... its all where it goes in the end that matters.

Tyson
12-16-2004, 07:08 PM
I highy doubt none of the members of Tool are not freemasons.

dawn
12-18-2004, 08:35 PM
I heard an interesting thing about Mozart the other day...

They said he had sensophelia(sp?) 'er something like that...anyway...they said he saw music as colors...something in his neurology was crosswired...they said that it's not all that uncommon...although irregular...

Makes me wonder...

just simulacra
01-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Synaesthesia.

Check out Kandinsky's art.

Or the videogame "Rez".

just simulacra
01-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I think what we have here [and in every tool song] is a lyrical composition marked by Maynards interest in the occult --- and spirituality in general. Bits of freemasonry [especially in the video], bits of Alchemy [again, in the video], etc.

Interesting about the Masonic "schism" though ... thought never occurred to me. Most likely because I'm fairly happy with the conclusion I've reached with this song [lyrically] ... that it's all about the dynamics of the band and the creation of their art.

The video, on the other hand, has more than a few unasnwered questions in my eyes ...

just simulacra
01-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I highy doubt none of the members of Tool are not freemasons.

Maynard is from Ohio ...

Cyanide ChrYst
02-07-2005, 09:14 PM
...so are the other four hundred people in the population.

ARMZ
02-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I think you're referring to your sperm count.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry chaps. I was just resting my nuts on a radioactive pole. What's new?

Hey, speaking of impotence, you have all of the character dynamic of Will Smith's many faces of acting.

just simulacra
02-12-2005, 01:20 PM

It was a cryptic suggestion based on the fact that Ohio has the highest Freemason population in the nation.

Information ... use it.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
The south has the highest population of racists.

If you hear somebody say ******, do you assume he's from alabama?

just simulacra
02-17-2005, 04:11 AM
The south has the highest population of racists.

If you hear somebody say ******, do you assume he's from alabama?

No.

PS, Captain clever --- that bears little resemblance to what I suggested ... since what I said was neither derogatory nor stereotypical, and was instead more of a humorous observation based on facts. But, decent attempt at sounding somewhat intelligent.

Try bumping your postcount with some worthwhile, justified, and SOUND bitterness and disgust ... running out of fuel? Listen to a few of your bands recordings.

Tyson
02-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Actually I retract my statement.

It seems the members of Tool started their own Lodge.

I want the minutes.