PDA

View Full Version : A conversation about Reflection between me and my friend:

CrayonOfDoom
11-02-2004, 08:15 PM
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything." says:
What is Reflection about?
Trying my best to offend all laws of humanity. says:
w8
phone w/ brother
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything." says:
I'm waiting, but I'm not happy about it.
lol's
The 'about' that stuck with me is: It's about a person when he's at the bottom of the bottle, the end of his fuse, the time when a man breaks down his walls and gives into the utter chaos of failure physically and emotionally and spiritually, the weight of the world has crushed him. On doing this he has a chance to sit and reflect on all the things HE is doing to make things go wrong for himself.
He realizes how curiously close to the end he's come
and realizes all the things he needs to change, he needs to stop soothing his narcisism and crucify his ego
now I will read the lyrics
Want none-Worry none says:
Yeah, I'd better go back to them too haha. But yes, I agree with what you said
oh
it's coming back to me
my other one is this:
the title is reflection because it's about reflection, the moon is the mirror, and the million tiny light reflections (check lyrics ) are the rest of the world around him (crucify the ego narcisism ) and he realizes that to become whole, he must stop pointing out the difference between himself and the rest of "earth" because that's what keeps him curiously close to the end k? down beneath his
self indulgent pititful hole
in that sense
it's cool because the moon is personified
as something or someone who told him about the world, confided in him
but I like it because it's actually his own thought, and he had to pretend it wasn't his own thought that came to that conclusion
What is it that the moon is reflecting? And are the million light reflections reflecting the light from the moon?
but he had to pretend it was someone elses, aka crucify the ego (just to have fun with it)
No i dont' think it's light literally
No, I understand that much
it's just when he looks in it, he realizes that the moon sees a milion whatevers
and he realizes he's one of them
ah, I see. I think there is more to that part, but I doubt we will ever know what that is. I like that one.

no
I think it is nothing literaly
the light
i'm going to relate it to something probably not related
Thank you for your opinion but it is completely wrong.
haha
ok
one time on mushrooms I just sat and stared at the moon, this was at cwu, in a beautiful setting. There were thousands of people not more than 100 yards from me, but if my eyes could only see 99 yards it would have been paradise.

I sat and stared at the moon and without thinking let my mind just run across the concept of "how many people have stared at this moon the same way i am?
and it was such an impact to realize that
crap i have this in my head but i can't write it
anyways, i just realized that there's more to earth than me, and the moon helped me realize it.
not because it showed it to me
but I looked at it and knew
So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,

like me
And you will come to find that we are all one mind

and it's not that the moon is reflection a million tiny lights of "all one mind", but it sits there for you too look at and figure out yourself, pick a light or two or a million, no matter as long as you come to the right conclusion?
This is about the song still?
lol yes
you dumb bastard, i told you i'd relate it to something that may or may not be related

haha

Maybe triad's mumbled, muffled sound at the beginning is before the moon speaks, and then the impacting cool climax part where it get's all loud and hard is the impact thoughts like that have on someone who sees a reflection?
That makes sense but do you think it would be saying the same thing as the last song
oh shit i understand
a million light reflections pass over me

that's when he realizes that there have been a million people sitting right fucking there who've had the light pass over them too!
as full and bright as i am
this light is not my own and
a milion light reflections pass over me

ha! that's how he's saying that he is nothing in the whole scheme of things, and that htought is given a good feeling because he says "She resuscitates the hopeless Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting" that thought has sparked him inside
the 3 songs, each: the first one is about thinking (THE THOUGHT OF IT) about what's wrong with you or whatever, the second song is about experiencing it PHYSICALLY, and the 3rd song is like a movie of it, with the same theme but no words that you can watch without thinking or experiencing it

Cyanide ChrYst
11-03-2004, 09:07 AM
What the fuck is this garbage?

Windir
11-03-2004, 09:12 AM
It would have been better readable if you spaced more or putt in the b or i. Or maybe even the u. But yeah - I dont blame you. And the story is lame. I read it 30 minutes ago and even now I have a hard time replying something useful to it. Mweh... BIN!

Reaver
11-03-2004, 09:57 AM
*Reaver uses his awesome bin-ing powers to send this damned thread to the pits of recycle bin hell!*

donuts..

Cyanide ChrYst
11-07-2004, 08:47 PM
What a stupid, unoriginal chatname too. Fuck.

CrayonOfDoom
11-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Haha, I'm amused. I expected maybe something like I agree with so and so, Or I don't with so and so.....

My expectations were far too advanced for evolution at this level I guess....That's ok, I can bend over and tickle you little guys with my index fingers.....tickle tickle tickle...:)

anyways, gogo farcry and warcraft 3?

paraflux
11-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Or your communication skills are too subpar to have interaction with other humans... thats probably more likely.

Masochistic Chia Pet
11-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Haha, I'm amused. I expected maybe something like I agree with so and so, Or I don't with so and so.....

My expectations were far too advanced for evolution at this level I guess....That's ok, I can bend over and tickle you little guys with my index fingers.....tickle tickle tickle...:)

I usualy dont talk unless i think it is absolutely meaningful....you should probably do the same

Cyanide ChrYst
11-14-2004, 05:50 PM

We've come to the highly tested conclusion that he is INDEED a dipshit, fellow scientists...but the question remains:

Just what KIND of dipshit is he?

paraflux
11-16-2004, 12:18 PM
The waxy kind? Crayons are made of wax, are they not?

ARMZ
12-31-2004, 06:43 AM
He's the crayon that's lodged in Homer's brain.

I love this song.

CrayonOfDoom
01-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Ok I submit: I'm an idiot :(

paraflux
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Nah. Sorry for jumping all over you, but I dont like elitist newbs, and I dont think you presented yourself in a manner that would let others appreciate what you had to say, i.e. making sense.