PDA

View Full Version : religion

useful_idiot
11-20-2002, 09:25 AM
H - half empty half full. Maynard is describing about weather or not he should believe in his faith. "what's coming through is alive, whats holding up is a mirror" His faith is coming through, but its only a reflection of himself. "whats singing songs is a snake, looking to turn my piss into wine" He's calling god a snake right there, but then continues to say god is still willing to forgive him. The song continues like that the whole way. "consideratly killing me" Best line in the song. "as i look in his eye, my fear begins to fade recalling all the times i have could have cried then, i should have cried then" you're supposed to fear your god. His fear is diminishing. and then he's crying. He's taking pity on his soul for loosing his faith. Like I said the song continues like so. Most of Maynards song have to deal with religion.

evera
11-20-2002, 10:15 AM
i think on the surface it's about his son, devo. i think i read that somewhere during an interview he did. if you think about it like that i think the song becomes more tangible.
i also think it could be about creating something in or outside of yourself, then when it's not what you thought it would be, decided what to do. looking to turn my piss to wine. turning a mistake into something fantastic.