PDA

View Full Version : The Future

reign3
01-26-2003, 12:02 AM
I think that Reflection could be a sign of things to come for tool. i can't say for sure though, because they are so unpredictable, but i get the feeling that they are more into the sort of mind bending, trance like type songs such as disposition and reflection. hints of that could also be found in The Grudge, after the first loud part, in The Patient at the begining and at maybe at the soft part with the harmonics, schism-the interlude (which i hear is extended live, but i could be wrong) and so on. i don't mind this though, just as long as there is still a vent for anger in any possible future tool recordings.

forkedpath
01-28-2003, 12:17 PM
seems theyre getting over a lot of the anger dont you think?

Timothy
01-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Everything is not always as it seems.

forkedpath
01-29-2003, 01:12 AM
very true.

reign3
09-29-2003, 06:13 PM
haha! my first thread!

what a n00b i was.

sircorn
10-04-2003, 05:01 PM
well uhhh, i sorta did a little relistening to Ænima and Salvial, and have you notice in pushit and H. the mentioning of reflections. H. and pushit are relative to maynards son ie.

"What's coming through is alive.
What's holding up is a mirror."

"I will choke until I swallow...
Choke this infant here before me.
What is this but my reflection?
Who am I to judge and strike you down?"

This whole idea plays hand in hand with the 'crucifying ego' theme. And is relative to tool as a whole. Like the idea that we are all in this together, and how can you look down on someone else for not being like you, or lacking comprehention or understanding of your way of life.?

Just some stuff i noticed