PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Direct Song....

Brewtality
10-13-2004, 12:50 PM
I've always thought that the meaning behind Ticks and Leaches was pretty obvious. It's definately the least cryptic song on Lateralus by far. If you look at when the album and the song were written, the band had gone through two seperate lawsuits to do with people in the record industry since AEnima. For a band that hold artistic integrity so highly, the idea of somebody telling you to release an album, or fighting for control of YOUR music is totally and uttery insulting. The idea of the record companies being 'parasites', attatching themselves to a band, draining them of all their drive and talent until they've got what they wanted so that they can move onto the next artist and use them too is pretty well supported throughout the song. It almost seems to be very reminiscent of 'Hooker With A Penis' in it's bold statements about TOOL doing what TOOL want to do, and not what anybody else would like them to do. For me anyways,this song is totally about the leaching money-hungry suits at the labels....knows it spa

GAiDEN-CHaKRa
11-30-2004, 06:14 AM
Sounds good, my take on the song was similar, greedy people who just take and take and never give.