PDA

View Full Version : Interp, my own, probably stupid or unoriginal

NoVestal
01-25-2003, 12:31 PM
At the beginning of 2002 I began to really get this song. The problem was, that I was getting it in relation to a girlfriend. We eventually broke up due partly to how I came to view her thru the eyes of this song. See, I was trying to seperate myself from "constant overstimulation" and trying to reawaken the numbed limbs I had so long forgotten but she had no desire to be fully aware at all. She was quite afraid of full awareness because she had suffered a mental collapse at an earlier point in her life and went psychotic (hallucinations, voices).

I see the song as this-

He states that something has to change, therefore something is wrong. This is the first statement. So what's wrong? Boredom. Or more properly, our solution to it, "constant overstimulation".

Please pound me with sensory input from all directions so I cannot see what's really before me, so that I can't see my actions for what they are.

I don't want accountability, responsibility, or discretion. If I weren't numb then I would be forced to come face to face with those things. If those things woke up, I would have to re-evaluate my life. I would realize that the only reason this relationship with you is working is because I am constantly high on this or that and numb to the actual heart of our relationship. I am numb to you and I wouldn't want you any other way. If I weren't numb then I would see too much of you to actually like you.

So now that I've realized this I beg you to follow me, take my hand and come away from this constant numbing and into a world where we will see each other without the bullshit surrounding our heads. I think "The hollow" links into this song a bit with his dissatisfaction with indiscretion.

There's more but the petals won't open for it right now.