PDA

View Full Version : powerful

hometownhero
01-25-2003, 01:23 AM
i kinda agree with everyone's interpretations seeing as how any tool song could mean anything to anyone. but to me, the song is almost triumphant in a sense. the verses seem to be saying that maynard or who ever is just bored of life and needs more out of it. there is definitely some kind of void in his existence. he doesn't know why ("i don't want it, i just need it"), but what he needs to fill that void with is purpose. it's just natural for everyone to get something out of living. and just when he seems to give up ("how can this mean anything to me? if i really don't feel anything at all?"), he fires back with "I'LL....KEEP....DIGGING....UNTIL I....FEEL....SOMETHING!!" that last shout is like a shout to himself, a shout to everyone else, and a shout to his life telling the world that he won't give up and he'll succeed in making the most out of time here. u can say the song isn't good or it's overshadowed by other ones on the album, but as far as inspiration goes, this song is VERY uplifting.