PDA

View Full Version : My blood before me begs me...

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Ok here is my interprertation of reflection... please forgive any mispellings as we are not here to win the spelling bee ;)

I have come curiously close to the end, down
Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole,
Defeated, I concede and
Move closer
I may find comfort here
I may find peace within the emptiness
How pitiful

It's calling me...

==> Here, maynard is speaking of becoming depressed, sad, lonely, hopelssly lost in the pit of despair. He is has come to this following disposition (mood) because he has asked life for an answer ("mention this to me, metion anything, and watch the weather change" thats all the mentioning neccessary). This answer will not come easilly, clearly, or nicely. It will come exactly as it must come. He has become aware of his actions, his motives, his personal awareness. He has been defeated and possibly on the brink of suicide because of great despair. He moves in closer banging is head on the fault line if you will. He is hoping to find peace in lack of anything meaning maybe death. How pitiful. He has asked though, so he must recieve.

And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping
The moon tells me a secret - my confidant
As full and bright as I am
This light is not my own and
A million light reflections pass over me

==> As he reaches the absolute bottom, the edge of the cliff, his saviour comes. He asked life for an answer in disposition and the moon tells him a secret (via third eye) he becomes confidant in the moon. There is something there. SOmething... somwhere. He begins to realize that the moon is bright and shining... but why... the sun of course... it is so alive because of the source of light REFLECTIING off of the moon. This is an analogy for us as humans and the source. He drops into a lucid state and he is re-integrated with the source... possibly because of astral wind (a metaphysical phenomena that sweeps the mind upward through all dimensions and into the source, much like breathing) This is where the million light reflections pass over him. He sees all humanity for what it is and why it is (this can only be understood beyound this 3d world)

Its source is bright and endless
She resuscitates the hopeless
Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting

==>The rest of the song is self explanitory...

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 07:35 AM
p.s. im afraid to clarify the details as that is what you are supposed to do... my details are not yours just as yours are not mine. In that sense they are all the same. Just like salt may not taste the same to me as it does you... but it is physically salt...................

erishkigal
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Thank you for your thoughts.

Somewhat, I aggree, and can see exactly how you have come up with these conclusions.

Perhaps however, these are not Maynards personal feelings.

xhawkeyex
11-16-2004, 03:32 PM
I think this song is about instead of pulling away from saddness and instead of fighting depression, just leting it all go and fall as deep as one can and by going through the saddness you reach the emptiness where there are nothing that controls you, you are finally totally free to make up your own world, becoming part of a higher consciousness, giving away all temptations, crucifyig the ego.

paraflux
11-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Thank you for your thoughts.

Somewhat, I aggree, and can see exactly how you have come up with these conclusions.

Perhaps however, these are not Maynards personal feelings.

I always stop reading interpretations when the author of them starts off with the conclusion that Maynard is speaking from personal experience, and not assuming a role as a storyteller.

m e g
11-23-2004, 09:45 AM
I always stop reading interpretations when the author of them starts off with the conclusion that Maynard is speaking from personal experience, and not assuming a role as a storyteller.
That's gay. What if the interpreter mistakenly uses 'personal experience' in place of the author's subjectivity, whether it be his own experiences or not? It doesn't make sense to me that you assume he's telling a story? It seems like an equal injustice.

paraflux
11-23-2004, 02:08 PM
That's... gay? ok.

I dont assume Maynard is telling a story. I use the music as a backdrop and recognize that Maynard is speaking through a character that is not necessarily him, and I doubt it ever is. Even in Jimmy, the closest thing to something personal that Maynard divulges, it is open enough for all to glean something from it, the meaning is much larger than someone's personal life. And since there is progressed meanings in Tool's music, a larger picture can always be seen that supercedes any personal experience.