PDA

View Full Version : what all of you fools are raving about

SiGuy
10-06-2004, 12:03 AM
1st, take a guitar, play it through a toneworks from korg with a polymorph/synth setting(whch existed when they made the album). second, add a very complex multitap delay that resembles a reverb effect. third, slow it down about 4 times. You will have the EXACT same sound that you find in mantra. all of these other BS theories are a product of maynard spreading his somewhat hilarious lies about the source of his music. PS, stop wasting your time, and YES i am a hipocrite, and i cant spell.

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 04:44 AM
wow...

see, if you just speed the song up 2x.. its sounds like adam moaning throgh a 2 foot tube and layered. Possibly reversed as well. Oh well, it really dosn't matter. I do respect your very technical approach though... but dont call us names.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-06-2004, 09:17 PM
...does anybody lose sleep because they dont know what mantra is?

Triangular_Vision
10-07-2004, 09:42 AM
i did once... but i was on mushrooms and couldn't sleep anyway. Still the same, it bugged me for a good portion of the night. I did like the effects of the trip while listening to it on repeat very loudly in the woods though.

Windir
10-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Same here. Ever since I heard Mantra I havent been able to sleep normally.

Which started yesterday.

Triangular_Vision
10-07-2004, 10:11 AM
My initial thought on the track is that it is supposed to signify pre-exit sensations when projecting the mind outside of the body. Alot of times there are "gate dwellers" that seem to be trying to scare you, or keep you from going out of body. I have come to find these are only manifestations of the subconscious and will quickly flee if confronted.

Back to the idea... I think that since the song preceedes schism in which maynard says "i know the pieces fit, cuz i watched them fall away" that it is definately a connection. The Akashic Records is a meathod of meditation in which one can view all past future and present events through time with little fluctuation. This could be where maynard saw the pieces fall away.

Viewers of the records can rarely recall what they have seen after waking, and the thoughts usually lurk in the shadows as that all too familliar stranger of a feeling you cant quite grasp. Hense why many use art as an outletting of these feelings. Words simply are not good enough so we must use metaphors, illustration, and vaugeness.

I think that mantra and schism are a representation of what was learned in whole from the akashic records. No it isn't a map of the human mind and how to achieve nirvana or whatever you want to call it. I think it is simply a catalyst. A ride to the perimiter of neo-human thought.

Mantra:
# Hinduism. A sacred verbal formula repeated in prayer, meditation, or incantation, such as an invocation of a god, a magic spell, or a syllable or portion of scripture containing mystical potentialities.

Its just a proposition.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I loved mushrooms, but after a really bad relationship with a girl, i developed constant anxiety and now I cant do any drugs for the most part.

Pot and salvia I can handle, sometimes. I wish I could travel down the rabbit hole again, though. I figure it just comes in time.

Triangular_Vision
10-08-2004, 05:03 AM
ooh yes... i can understand that. Anxiety is already bad enough with the musrooms anyway. Not to mention already having it.

I had a bad trip once when i mixed mdma and a quad of shrooms... I couldn't look at mushrooms again for almost half a year without shuddering. I began to grow a temperment to the extremely fluid state of the mind that they induce and now things that would usually friek me out have just become part of the process. That experience changed my life to a degree and i am very thankfull for that. I will never roll again though... and never mix anything with musrooms but brew.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-08-2004, 07:56 AM
I dont ever mix drugs, ever. I dont smoke pot and do something, I dont drink and do something else...if I'm gonna do a drug, I want to experience it. Not feel like shit because I took six different things. That's how kids overdose or flip out and hurt somebody/themselves.

Triangular_Vision
10-09-2004, 06:15 PM
thats the truth. I was stupid with my self medication at one time, but its alll a lesson learned. I still like shrooms and beer because it helps whith the initial anxiety. You tend to be more relaxed and pre-occupied so the trip can set in nicely. I don't drink every time i trip, but if im gonna be around other people i do. Plus the body trip is enhanced. As for smoking... ill do it on zanex, tripping, and drinking... but thats about it. I will never roll again and i dont do any other drugs.

scummonk
10-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Yer, i drank loads one night then did mushrooms, and i was fucking vomittin all night after an hour of the worst stomach pain ever

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 04:58 PM
well drinking and being plastered are two completely different things. I definately dont think it would be a good idea to be shitty drunk and then eat mushrooms. I usually eat my shrooms around the 4th beer that way i can have about 6 under the belt to start tripping and then drink more.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-20-2004, 04:00 PM
I hate beer. I cant even sip on it. I hate all alcohol. My salvia plant is doing much better.

Triangular_Vision
10-20-2004, 06:12 PM
haha, i dont blame you on the beer. it does taste like shit... but for some reason i love it. fuck bottles. stick with the halucinogens.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Roger that.

TheHolyGift
10-26-2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah, beer is terrible. I think the only reason people like it is BECAUSE they're drunk.

Raev'n
10-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Man I love beer. Especially Dutch/Belgian beer. Mmmmmmmmmm

Triangular_Vision
10-28-2004, 08:23 AM
Gift nailed it right on the head...

Reaver
11-03-2004, 06:28 AM
mantra is really a recording of Maynard giving Adam a sensual massage, but nice try..

Cyanide ChrYst
11-14-2004, 05:47 PM
I'd get a sensual massage from maynard any day.

Dude I had a dream that Maynard, Billy and Troy from APC all fucking died. How shitty is that?

Triangular_Vision
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
shiTTy

paraflux
11-23-2004, 02:12 PM
I loved mushrooms, but after a really bad relationship with a girl, i developed constant anxiety and now I cant do any drugs for the most part.

That made me laugh a lot.