PDA

View Full Version : Delete 0 posters

Penguin
01-24-2003, 04:51 PM
I think that newly registered members that have not posted ONCE after two or three weeks of registering should be deleted. It is just taking up extra space!

dan
01-24-2003, 06:53 PM
couple of things:

1) maybe people who don't post still like to read others' posts, and enjoy their own account while doing so?
2) why do you care if someone posts or not?

so they have zero posts, big deal; unless i hear a persuasive argument, that is.

Penguin
01-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Well their profiles take up extra space on your bandwidth! I don't care if they post or not, but I want this place to stay up so if there are too many non-posters (perhaps they don't even look at the board) it may take up too much space for other things you could have.. or cost money

Sorry sir, was just a suggestion =\

dan
01-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Penguin
Sorry sir, was just a suggestion =\
no need for false respect.

as for taking up bandwidth/space...it's actually stored in a database somewhere on the "superhighway", and each profile might take up like 1k, at the most, so we should be ok as far as that goes.

thanks for being so considerate!

Penguin
01-25-2003, 09:33 AM
It's not false.. I always say sir or ma'am :P ..just a habit, I guess.. didn't mean any offense

Well as long as you know what you're doing everything seems good!

dan
01-25-2003, 11:01 AM
heh, whatever...

i think kabir knows what he's doing, i'm pretty much lost all the time.

keael
02-06-2003, 09:56 PM
I agree with Dan. I am a regular visiter to this site, enjoy what other posters have to say, and yet I never felt a strong desire to post. Until now that is. After reading Penguin's post, I registered immediately. Glad I did too! I have registered on other internet sites, and I never have seen any ask personal questions about the one registering (other than the basic - name, e-mail, etc.). I was pleasantly surprised to see creative questions. My absolute favorite - Favorite Simpson's Character - for the Simpsons is my favorite show, basically the only thing I watch.

So now I have 1 post. Great, I won't be deleted.

dan
02-06-2003, 11:05 PM
and guess who we have to thank for the wonderfully creative profile categories? kabir!

:D

Cronos
02-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by keael
So now I have 1 post. Great, I won't be deleted.

keael
Level 1 - Lurker

User # 2984

/me falls on the ground laughing hysterically

dan
02-11-2003, 04:10 PM
meh. enough of this thread.