PDA

View Full Version : This song MIGHT NOT BE a joke.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 12:04 AM
I was thinking about this song and came to the thought that this may not be a joke. It is possible. Almost anything is. Here is what i read about it from the FAQ.

The title is Enochian for "Voice of God."
The talking is from a radio call-in show (Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell). It is one of the classic moments from that show, during which the caller claims to be a former Area 51 employee, and that the military was out to get him. Oddly enough, the satellite which carried that show suddenly died (losing the feed to some fifty stations) during the broadcast. The caller later admitted that the story was a hoax.

You can get more information on this at artbell.com.

Ok, well why did it suddenly die on him?
Its oddly enough. But I dont think anyone has thought about why it is "Odd"
Maybe the military was really after the guy (so if they were, that tells you plenty about what the man was saying), and they found he was doing this on the radio, and maybe the military had the power to shut down the satellite. Maybe the military got ahold of the man and either told him to call the station and tell them it was a hoax, or the military called the station and told them it was a hoax. When I first heard this track, it sounded very convincing, oddly enough, it convinces me even more.
Im not saying my theory is true or this is correct or anthing, but it is a possibility none the less, something I came up with and Its an interesting thought I wanted to share with everyone. Any and all feedback would be much appreciated.
But what if the reason why tool put this track on the album was because they believed this to, that it made sense and it could be possible.

Just think about it..........

scummonk
10-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Yeah that is something that has crossed my mind.
The reason why I believe it might be real is because nobody doing it as a joke/hoax could do such amazing acting.
He sounds so shook up and generally scared and it makes it very scary and creepy, thats why i always thought it might be true.
But i guess we'll never know the truth.

Cygnus-ß °|X1|°
10-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Maybe we'll someday know the truth...

tcM_Emperor
10-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah that is something that has crossed my mind.
The reason why I believe it might be real is because nobody doing it as a joke/hoax could do such amazing acting.
He sounds so shook up and generally scared and it makes it very scary and creepy, thats why i always thought it might be true.
But i guess we'll never know the truth.

Ummm I hope you were joking. I've made a lot of prank calls and I've done some pretty good acting. It's really not that hard. I think the guy even sounds like he's laughing in that call at some points. Basically it was a hoax.

scummonk
10-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Ummm I hope you were joking. I've made a lot of prank calls and I've done some pretty good acting. It's really not that hard. I think the guy even sounds like he's laughing in that call at some points. Basically it was a hoax.

Yeah maybe it as a hoax, but it's good acting.
Jeez, laughing are you serious?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-05-2004, 01:48 PM
I believe it. Am I scared?...no. We're all gonna die. All at once or otherwise.

everything that dies dies alone.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah maybe it as a hoax, but it's good acting.
Jeez, laughing are you serious?
no, hes not serious.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Your mind can make you hear what you want to hear.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 06:24 PM

good acting my ass, thats your ego getting in the way of what you dont believe in.

exojjl
10-05-2004, 06:29 PM

ok, well explain why the satellite got cut off.
And when you made prank phone calls, did you always call back and tell the people it was a joke?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Who cares if it's real? EVERYONE WILL DIE, at some point.

exojjl
10-07-2004, 12:25 AM
EVERYONE WILL DIE, at some point.

sweet

something_Dark
10-07-2004, 02:23 AM
"Oddly enough, the satellite which carried that show suddenly died (losing the feed to some fifty stations) during the broadcast. The caller later admitted that the story was a hoax."

Ok if you realy wanted to find out what happend on that day you can easily contact the f.c.c. and ask! a publicly brocasted radio transmisson is open information.. and im sure if the sattellite that went down actually did go offline then it would be public information..

oh and by the way I WILL NEVER DIE!

exojjl
10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
"Oddly enough, the satellite which carried that show suddenly died (losing the feed to some fifty stations) during the broadcast. The caller later admitted that the story was a hoax."

Ok if you realy wanted to find out what happend on that day you can easily contact the f.c.c. and ask! a publicly brocasted radio transmisson is open information.. and im sure if the sattellite that went down actually did go offline then it would be public information..

oh and by the way I WILL NEVER DIE!

ok, lets say that the military got ahold of the f.c.c and told them to either not give away that information, or to give it away, but not the truth. Like basicly telling them not to tell anyone about it or they die or something. The classic.

scummonk
10-08-2004, 01:15 AM
ok, lets say that the military got ahold of the f.c.c and told them to either not give away that information, or to give it away, but not the truth. Like basicly telling them not to tell anyone about it or they die or something. The classic.

Like i said................we'll never know.

Reaver
10-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Probably not, and you'll all live forever except for Cyanide Chryst..

Cyanide ChrYst
10-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I dont get what you're implying so I'll interject a comment like "I'm only wearing one sock."

Triangular_Vision
10-10-2004, 06:53 PM
I dont get what you're implying so I'll interject a comment like "I'm only wearing one sock."

i wasn't going to write this, but i had to. Its really really wierd. But i happen to only be wearing one sock. Hows that for a coincidence.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Maybe we're destined to fall in love..

scummonk
10-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Maybe we're destined to fall in love..

I have three socks on, can u guess? ha

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 07:22 AM
hmmm i hope not. But none the less it was wierd.

scummonk, i dont even want to know about that third sock.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-11-2004, 04:53 PM
I dont think masturbating with a sock would be that comfortable.

Oh, Sam just left. It was fuuun. Actually walking out to her car, she was like "We move too fast; you're going to take my virginity." and I was like "Hah. I dont want to sleep with you." (as reassurance)

and she goes "Why the hell not?"

scummonk
10-12-2004, 05:27 AM
scummonk, i dont even want to know about that third sock.

aww :(

IC
10-12-2004, 05:36 AM

Oh, Sam just left. It was fuuun. Actually walking out to her car, she was like "We move too fast; you're going to take my virginity." and I was like "Hah. I dont want to sleep with you." (as reassurance)

haha gold

scummonk
10-13-2004, 02:43 AM

haha, another good one from cyanide.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-13-2004, 07:36 AM
You think that's gold? Try sending a few miners to my ass...

Cyanide ChrYst
10-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Minor miners, preferably.

scummonk
10-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Minor miners, preferably.

lol

exojjl
10-15-2004, 01:25 AM
hey, what do you mean? my lungs are fine.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-16-2004, 09:04 AM
What?

Besides, aliens can come and blast the shit out of all of you for all I care; Im going to die of a cheeseburger induced heart attack or a drug overdose within the next ten years.

exojjl
10-16-2004, 11:28 PM
What?

Besides, aliens can come and blast the shit out of all of you for all I care; Im going to die of a cheeseburger induced heart attack or a drug overdose within the next ten years.

oh yeah, im gonna eat as much fast food as i can, then in ten years im going to find as much drugs as i can, heroin, speed, coke, pcv, anything, and i will take everything at once, witha shotgun sitting next to me. and at this same time before i overdose, i am driving down a long stretch road in the desert preferibly, hopefully there will be a huge cliff(grand canyon). I have a fast as fuck car, a car I have always enjoyed, a gas guzzling Big block hemi v8 or something, something huge as fuck getting 1 mile to the gallon, cuz i dont give a fuck. and as im going a 150 mph, right before i fly off the cliff, or hit a fucking building, im almost overdosed on drugs.I will pump my shotgun, and blow my fucking head off, and i will plummet right into that building or off that cliff, and i will spiral down, my car will explode into a million pieces.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Well there you go then.

scummonk
10-21-2004, 02:46 AM
oh yeah, im gonna eat as much fast food as i can, then in ten years im going to find as much drugs as i can, heroin, speed, coke, pcv, anything, and i will take everything at once, witha shotgun sitting next to me. and at this same time before i overdose, i am driving down a long stretch road in the desert preferibly, hopefully there will be a huge cliff(grand canyon). I have a fast as fuck car, a car I have always enjoyed, a gas guzzling Big block hemi v8 or something, something huge as fuck getting 1 mile to the gallon, cuz i dont give a fuck. and as im going a 150 mph, right before i fly off the cliff, or hit a fucking building, im almost overdosed on drugs.I will pump my shotgun, and blow my fucking head off, and i will plummet right into that building or off that cliff, and i will spiral down, my car will explode into a million pieces.

Eh?

Triangular_Vision
10-28-2004, 08:31 AM

laughing is a plausible side effect of being hysterical. Ive been so scared before i started laughing... but it was no alien attack. I almost dropped my bong out of my 3rd story window when i was changing the water.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Im definitely going to go see The Polar Express.

TheHolyGift
10-28-2004, 03:28 PM
I don't know, it looks kinda scary.

hoodling1229
10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
very circumstancial... i interpret the laughter as being genuine: he thinks what he is doing is funny. He then calms himself and tries to cover it with an insanity act. this may sound stupid, but think about it next time laughs at something that nobody else laughs at; they often cough, trying to make it seem like they were coughing to begin with. don't listen to what i say, because i'm not saying anything important usually.

exojjl
10-29-2004, 10:02 PM
ok then

Cyanide ChrYst
10-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Who cares. Everyone here will die...together or alone, apocalypse or cancer.

Triangular_Vision
11-01-2004, 07:47 PM
i think that is the most philosophical thing you have said in a while chrYst... do i detect change?

no way

Reaver
11-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Does your penis count as a third leg if you've tripped over it before?

Cyanide ChrYst
11-11-2004, 10:07 PM
As if you'd be able to detect a character change in me, with what little you know of me.

Cyanide ChrYst
11-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Does your penis count as a third leg if you've tripped over it before?

When I walk around naked my dick gets rugburn.

Triangular_Vision
11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
wow...... its amazing that all intellectual content comes to a grinding halt when chryst brings his self propigating butt crack of a conciouse in here to fart mindlessness and piss disunity in everyones general direction. Quite an accomplishment chryst... you alone will be responsible for the next generation of exhibitionist peewee hermits that will eventually be the demise of the world due to suicide on a grand scale. (spelling?)

Rhymeandreason
12-31-2004, 09:40 AM
I heard a different story about this track, that where the song ends, at least where we hear it. The power died, so that means the recorders in the station stopped to, but the phone still worked, I heard that you heard a choaking sound and someone came back on the phone and said to the producer "disregard everything you have just heard" and hung up. Creepy....the producer probably all alone in there was scared shitless, I would be.

Cyanide ChrYst
12-31-2004, 11:12 AM
wow...... its amazing that all intellectual content comes to a grinding halt when chryst brings his self propigating butt crack of a conciouse in here to fart mindlessness and piss disunity in everyones general direction. Quite an accomplishment chryst... you alone will be responsible for the next generation of exhibitionist peewee hermits that will eventually be the demise of the world due to suicide on a grand scale. (spelling?)

I'd rather have realistic assholes like me running the world than a bunch of dipshit hippy fairies like you morons running around talking about how the flower of life is going to save us all. I could put a box of thumbtacs in front of you fools and you'd overanalyze it until it became a four-armed, six legged goddess of holding materialistic possessions accountable for all the world's evil.

It's really not my fault that I think you're a total idiot. It's the way you portray yourself. If you dont like me, I implore you to ignore me.

paraflux
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I'd rather have realistic assholes like me running the world than a bunch of dipshit hippy fairies like you morons running around talking about how the flower of life is going to save us all. I could put a box of thumbtacs in front of you fools and you'd overanalyze it until it became a four-armed, six legged goddess of holding materialistic possessions accountable for all the world's evil.

It's really not my fault that I think you're a total idiot. It's the way you portray yourself. If you dont like me, I implore you to ignore me.

It will end no other way.

Cyanide ChrYst
01-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Then I thank you.

imaduh
01-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Where did you get the info about the garbled message of "Disregard this"? That would be cool to read.
What strikes me from the "lyrics" or words of this dude who got annexed by ET's protectorates is his prophetical vocalizations about natural disasters coming up to take control over the population problems in the world. Like the government is hoping that new age hippies and religious leaders will believe that earth is pissed off at the assholes that want to kill people, leaving noone as a scapegoat, when it was really those pesky 'dudes who hate peace' in the first place.
I don't know, it was funked up to read that the sound of a drum machine destroying itself is the noise that fuels the track on the cd. Everytime I listen to this cd while meditating, I bring the eyes of the universe into my psyche, so maybe there's some magick in this shite. Or I'm stupidly paranoid and gullible, easily swayed by the problems of the unknown and the possible structure and relevance the (as of yet) unattainable answers might provide for a chaotic world which leaves me so small and contemplating.
Hmmm...

shi wei hsi ming
01-12-2005, 05:46 PM
If you want more on Art Bell...

Check out William Cooper.

tempest
01-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Got a copy of this Art Bell recording, has the original Faaip sample and then a couple of fractured pieces after it talking about it. Hard to make a true judgement on it without the original direct recording from the station, still undeniably though provoking. Anyone know of a transcript/description of what the matey said to Bell after they had been cut off? The apparently 'better' stuff?
peace

nipploleon dynomight
01-22-2005, 01:15 PM
What?

LOL

nipploleon dynomight
01-22-2005, 01:24 PM
My dad used to be an air traffic controller, and a man was killed in an airplane accident. My dad offered to write down the conversation of the man and the controll tower, because his friend at work was a little shaken up from what happened. He translated it all and sent the papers to some fed. After that it became a hush-hush thing from then on, because the government got it. My point; if they went all that trouble to protect that, they could easily destroy public records, as well as private records for an inccident like the Art Bell recording. The government controlls about everything, they would have no problem. Not to mention to you pranksters. If you made a phone call that well acted out and was that convincing, would you really call back and tell them it was a prank. There would be no way in hell that I would ruin something like that. In any case, I'm cool with aliens, let them come, I'll light up with them and we'll exchange stories about our worlds, and of course sex. Laughing gaily for about two hours, we'll probably watch southpark and eat chips like every other stoner in the wor- *universe. And the only reason that the art bell footage wasn't "Mysteriously lost" was because A- too many ear-witnesses and B- they didn't want to make that big of a deal.

tempest
01-25-2005, 03:55 PM
you got yo self a nice bud there nipploleon

exojjl
02-11-2005, 01:58 AM
read some of this thread. decide for yourself:
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=24418

anyways, I just dont get what could impossible about it. Ive heard more facts supporting the fact that it was real than not.

diogenes
04-03-2005, 12:00 PM
How could it be a hoax? that's ridiculous.

MuchTooAcidic
04-05-2005, 05:45 PM
I think some of you might be familiar with the leaving of the guitarist from Korn because he also "found jesus." And in the last song they ever released, the last words were "Goodbye all you people, there was nothing you could say, to make me change my mind, goodbye." And the last song Tool released before the whole thing about Manyard finding jesus was supposedly a hoax. And the government shut down the radio station during the Area 51 thingie. So either the government is trying to terminate tool, or it's a hoax.

paraflux
04-06-2005, 08:26 PM
whoa.

neo_taboolie
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
And the last song Tool released before the whole thing about Manyard finding jesus was supposedly a hoax. And the government shut down the radio station during the Area 51 thingie. So either the government is trying to terminate tool, or it's a hoax.
There's something weird and perhaps wrong with your thinking here...

Still, it all remains unclear about what Faaip de Oiad could mean...

The other thread with the articles that ARMZ posted are very useful for some background information... Although I must add that I don't think he's got an Australian accent, or at least I don't hear what Australian about any of his speech...

That he came back later to confess it was a hoax is also very convenient and doesn't really help solve or clarify the whole situation...

It would have been really good if Danny got round to interviewing the guy... I would have liked to read that...

And apart from the air date having been September 11 (a few years previously), is there any other conspiracy theories with what he mentions and this date or what?

blue/shimmering
04-16-2005, 08:17 PM
and while we're on the topic of Area 51/ UFOS/ all that, lets not forget that one of the most famous UFO related operations ever carried out by the U.S. Secret Services was Project Grudge (dramatic chord)

Raev'n
04-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Project Grudge was bullshit.