PDA

View Full Version : Amazing...Freakin' amazing

hoogamaphone
01-24-2003, 08:48 AM
When I first heard Aenima, this song immediately stuck out. Everything about this song is so powerful to me.

The music... I love the opening. It is like a raging storm coming over the horizon. Starting with a few drops of percussion, moving on to a drizzle of guitar, then the raging of Maynard's voice in "SO LONG".

I can really identify with the lyrics. I think most people have had an authority figure or some idea that they held above all others, only to be betrayed by it/him, or to find out that it is not nearly as good as you first believed. It's happened to me on numerous occasions.

My favorite quote is: "you claimed all this time that you would die for me. Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?"... It's like he's saying "hey man, i didn't chose for you to be like this, so don't come complaining to me looking for sympathy"

Tool is the man

awwww shoot
02-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by hoogamaphone
When I first heard Aenima, this song immediately stuck out. Everything about this song is so powerful to me.

The music... I love the opening. It is like a raging storm coming over the horizon. Starting with a few drops of percussion, moving on to a drizzle of guitar, then the raging of Maynard's voice in "SO LONG".

I can really identify with the lyrics. I think most people have had an authority figure or some idea that they held above all others, only to be betrayed by it/him, or to find out that it is not nearly as good as you first believed. It's happened to me on numerous occasions.

My favorite quote is: "you claimed all this time that you would die for me. Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?"... It's like he's saying "hey man, i didn't chose for you to be like this, so don't come complaining to me looking for sympathy"

Tool is the man Imagine him in his underwear! OMG!