PDA

View Full Version : Lateralis track spelling:

exojjl
09-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Talking about the Lateralis track spelling:
Unlike the intentional different spellings of the song "Ænema" and the album "Ænima", done so to differentiate between the meanings of the two, the title of this song is meant to be spelled the SAME as the album. Once the error was brought to the band's attention, two million copies had already been printed - and many of those already sold. Subsequent printings of the album are scheduled to have a corrected spelling of the song title: "Lateralus."

You know, I think that might be a bunch of bullshit. It is possible that the "Lateralis" spelling was done on purpose. I was reading through the FAQ on this site, there has been a bunch of so called "Errors" like this. Seriously, 2 million copys, well that many printed, thats alot of copys to "realize" it!
Knowing them, and not giving the full truth about alot of things, it is highly probable.
But partially why I think this is because the "Lateralis" spelling could work with the album, depending on one's interpretation and how they look at it under the light, it could highly make sense. Lateral-is and lateral-us, I just really dont know.

chriscartoonkid
09-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Lateralis is the suffix to the scientific name of the muscle Vastus Lateralis (http://www.rad.washington.edu/atlas2/vastuslateralis.html)

Maynard was quoted as saying it was or had to do with a muscle in the FAQ.

exojjl
09-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Lateralis is the suffix to the scientific name of the muscle Vastus Lateralis (http://www.rad.washington.edu/atlas2/vastuslateralis.html)

Maynard was quoted as saying it was or had to do with a muscle in the FAQ.

sweet. thats cool, i didnt know he said that. But i figured it meant something, and thats it, and thats why i think it wasnt an error at all, so that has to prove my point. It was no error, and its not to be taken serious.
So in conclusion, end of subject huh?

exojjl
09-29-2004, 12:46 AM
sweet. thats cool, i didnt know he said that. But i figured it meant something, and thats it, and thats why i think it wasnt an error at all, so that has to prove my point. It was no error, and its not to be taken serious.
So in conclusion, end of subject huh?

Add one and one, it all makes sense.