PDA

View Full Version : Lateralus vs. Third Eye

AnemicRoyalty
01-23-2003, 07:19 PM
I would have to say these are both the heavyweights of lateralus and ænima. they're both the most memorable from each album. they're both two of my favorite Tool songs. i'd go with........ Lateralus

paper_head
01-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Lateralus and Third Eye are two of my favorite songs, but if I'd have to pick one, I'd probobly go with Third Eye. I think the music is more adventerous and that guitor solo near the end is absolutly mind blowing! I do like playing both of these songs in my car when I'm driving with my brother. He doesn't have to patience to sit through any songs that are over five minutes long, so he bitchs when ever I pop Tool into the cd player. I laugh at him!

flipmojo
01-25-2003, 04:31 AM
I'm going with Lateralus. Third Eye is a great adventure but Lateralus is the all time mind bender with a great message.

Aeturnus
01-26-2003, 12:38 AM
I tried to come up with a real explanatory reason of why I thought Third Eye was better, but the song, the way it makes ya feel, the way its presented, it's just not easy to put into a forum post. Same with Lateralus, and they both are impacting songs on the albums.

the reverend
01-26-2003, 04:13 AM
Hmmm... toughie.
Id have to go with Lateralus because i think it fits the mood of the album a little better.

replica
01-26-2003, 02:23 PM
both are tremendous songs.
i think that without third eye, there probabley wouldn't have been lateralus. third eye is the journey, lateralus is looking back onto what had happened in third eye/anemia and gives warnings, clues and advice for whomever is following in the foot steps. but if i would have to pick one, i would pick third eye.