PDA

View Full Version : GADZOOKZ! an idea!!

Lackymacky
09-10-2004, 05:49 PM
i always thought that this song made fun of subliminal messages, you know the "hidden" things in aldums. like what they said for metallica how they were making kids satanic. its funny because they jsut say satan out loud instead of making it...thats it:

QUIET!

hehehheh

get it?!

<####

Disgustipating
09-12-2004, 01:16 PM
What?

Lackymacky
09-12-2004, 03:28 PM
did you ever hear how they accused metallica's music of having secret subliminal messages? ones that made kids satanic?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Is it illegal for people to do that in their albums now? i think I heard that somewhere. Like maynard cant say "buy my new record" over and over in the song backwards...I think.

Triangular_Vision
09-20-2004, 08:40 AM
did you ever hear how they accused metallica's music of having secret subliminal messages? ones that made kids satanic?

lol... if they were trying to make kids satanic with subliminal messages, they were working aginst themselves. Such as the forward movement of the songs like enter sandman, master of puppets, and nothing else matters (off the top of my head).

master of puppets explaining how drugs will warp your mind and life...

Enter sandman... definately (in my opinion) about the third eye. "sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight, exit lite, into light."

I could see how this subject material and the assumption that rock is the devils music could be assumed satanic due to pregudicies...

Triangular_Vision
09-20-2004, 08:57 AM
pretty good idea given the many many accusations against tool as well with satanic subliminal messages... but my thought is that since the song has to do with acid and drugs, they are kind of toying with the comparitively unstable logic and emotions due to halucinogens. Since these entogens (sp?) give you the fluidity to enter other psychs and parts of the mind, you experiance very vividly, manifestations of the mind as if they were/are the real world. Which at the time was the real world since they were authentic bio-electrical signals. But one aspect of our polarity consciousness is evil and good... so, suddenly the tripper see's satan (the christian manifestation of evil) maybe because they are feeling guilty or have a revalation about life. There have been times that i was tripping and something triggered a memory of my family life. This one time caused a frightening trip in which i was so stuck in my own pool of evil thoughs and such that i was litteraly trying to claw my way out of my skin... a friend then reminded me of what i was doing with a terrified gasp as he was tripping too. I stopped clawing but was still lost amongst terrifying halucinations and experiences. This was not the case ever again. so far...

Cyanide ChrYst
09-20-2004, 03:37 PM
You have so much to say but absolutely none of it is even remotely interesting.

BTW...did you ever learn about these things we use called Paragraphs? Just wondering.

scummonk
10-06-2004, 05:26 AM
This entire thread has gone straight over my head, I have no idea what you're on about.

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
You have so much to say but absolutely none of it is even remotely interesting.

BTW...did you ever learn about these things we use called Paragraphs? Just wondering.

ya... i have a bad habit of IM style writing on computers... hense the ...s and the solid blocks of text because shit is usually sent sentence by sentence. Im getting better though since i havn't used messenger much in the past couple years.

AllforUnity
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
l'm getting bored again.

lateralus freak
10-03-2005, 01:04 AM
i always thought that this song made fun of subliminal messages, you know the "hidden" things in aldums. like what they said for metallica how they were making kids satanic. its funny because they jsut say satan out loud instead of making it...thats it:

QUIET!

hehehheh

get it?!

<####
haha yeh i get it
that makes alot of sense and seems like something a band like tool would do.

eternalnuisance.com
09-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I feel like this track's a release, the whole album had an angry, tense feel to it. (to me anyway), and I always saw this song as the tension breaker. Just some fun thing to do to create a warped sense of finallity

Solaris
09-23-2006, 02:51 AM
l'm getting bored again.

I think that's the point! I think he means something like "Satan, give my friends some drugs so that I can see something funny because I don't want to get bored again."

Slicendice
09-27-2006, 02:48 AM
lol... if they were trying to make kids satanic with subliminal messages, they were working aginst themselves. Such as the forward movement of the songs like enter sandman, master of puppets, and nothing else matters (off the top of my head).

master of puppets explaining how drugs will warp your mind and life...

Enter sandman... definately (in my opinion) about the third eye. "sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight, exit lite, into light."

I could see how this subject material and the assumption that rock is the devils music could be assumed satanic due to pregudicies...

As much as I'd like to think that Metallica has some deep meaning to their songs, I just don't see it. I mean I can't think of any metallica songs that employ any kind of metaphysical imagery so the third eye theory doesnt really hold up.

As for the "one eye open" line. It makes more sence to be about paranoia about sleeping and nightmares and such.

you know that had nothing to do with the thread did it. Fuck.