PDA

View Full Version : No reason, it's just simply there.. Triad

Seph's Dialated Aperture
09-10-2004, 04:35 PM
The first time I heard the song Triad, I thought "wow, Maynard must've just sat back and said 'guys, just jam, okay? Just jam.' but then I got to thinking... it's a lot more than that. This song releives me of tension somehow. Who knows how. Maybe it only does it for me. Maybe they just simply decided to jam like I originally thought. But I do know that I find more in this one song every time I listen to it than I do in any other song. And like most of you probably, I find something new in every Tool song EVERY time I hear them. So you can imagine how much this song really holds inside.

Sorry I'm kinda in that thinky mood. Goddamnit.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Triad reminds me a lot of what's going on in the background of Oiad.

Raev'n
09-21-2004, 01:10 AM
What do you mean?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Like it sounds like just powerchord noise at first, but it's actually really well formed. Such as faiip de oiad.

scummonk
09-26-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't wanna sound cheesy but the solo of Traid cuts through and makes me feel "alive" if u will, and its the type of music that really touches u. well to me n e way......

Windir
09-27-2004, 06:36 AM
Triad is the best instrumental song after CoF's Carmilla's Masque.

scummonk
10-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Triad is the best instrumental song after CoF's Carmilla's Masque.
cradle of filth?

Windir
10-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Yup. If you havent heard the song, go download it NOW!

paraflux
11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Triad is one of the more powerful image-inducer songs ever made, I think. Do you not see images, visions even, of anything while it is playing? It doesnt matter what, whatever is meant to pop into your head will be there. To me, it shows the birth of a new species, a new generation, reflection is the end, and triad is the new beginning. The first part is the vessel leaving 3D Earth, when the music comes in, it is the formation of the plan... then the music drops out and becomes very reserved, hiding, waiting, building up. Reminds me of a kid lighting a firecracker and running behind a tree and peeking out from behind it. Then there is the explosion, the new beginning in motion, which is what the rest of the song says. The song fades out, but not without motion, it just represents the new motion going and going and going...

Lateral Us
11-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Triad is one of the more powerful image-inducer songs ever made, I think. Do you not see images, visions even, of anything while it is playing? It doesnt matter what, whatever is meant to pop into your head will be there. To me, it shows the birth of a new species, a new generation, reflection is the end, and triad is the new beginning. The first part is the vessel leaving 3D Earth, when the music comes in, it is the formation of the plan... then the music drops out and becomes very reserved, hiding, waiting, building up. Reminds me of a kid lighting a firecracker and running behind a tree and peeking out from behind it. Then there is the explosion, the new beginning in motion, which is what the rest of the song says. The song fades out, but not without motion, it just represents the new motion going and going and going...

Triad intensifies my anticipation of the next album everytime i listen to it, for that exact reason.

Cyanide ChrYst
11-10-2004, 10:05 AM
I don't wanna sound cheesy but the solo of Traid cuts through and makes me feel "alive" if u will, and its the type of music that really touches u. well to me n e way......

Not alive to completely type out a word, anyway.

Cyanide ChrYst
11-10-2004, 10:06 AM

Oh shit, last night I had a dream this *entheogenic* store opened by my house, and I was in there buying mushrooms and all kinds of shit. I was so excited. And when I woke up they were gone.

FUCKING DREAMS.

Masochistic Chia Pet
11-10-2004, 10:39 AM

never really thougt of the song that way but it does make sense. and hopefully the new tool album doesnt suk as much as eMOTIVe does

Cyanide ChrYst
11-10-2004, 03:48 PM
emotive makes me want to kill myself.

paraflux
11-19-2004, 09:19 AM
So fucking do it already. And if that avatar is you, stick the mic right up your pretty boy band ass.

Cyanide ChrYst
12-20-2004, 10:11 AM
That would just turn me on, but thanks for the suggestion.

paraflux
12-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Since the albums section is so "last year" why do you make it a habit to come here anymore? You would rather waste energy in here than... oh, wait. You are probably too stoned to care.

Aside from that, it is indeed an honest question.

Cyanide ChrYst
12-27-2004, 05:20 PM
When I have nothing to do and I'm online, I come here and start fights with kids. And I dont care about what you have to say, regardless of whether I'm on drugs or not.

paraflux
12-28-2004, 07:53 AM
What a lofty goal!

Cyanide ChrYst
12-31-2004, 11:15 AM
What a lofty goal!

One who argues with others in an ::anonymous internet forum:: should not speak of lofty goals.

MrMcPheezy
12-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Paraflux comes here and occasionally gets in arguments with idiots, but it's not his intent or sole reason for coming here, as you've said it is yours.

Cyanide ChrYst
12-31-2004, 02:52 PM
I come here to do the same shit you do. Share my opinions and disagree with others. If I were just another kissass clone like you or everyone else here, there would be no point for this poorly coordinated exchange of stagnant information to exist.

Triangular_Vision
01-01-2005, 11:24 AM
the only thing that i see cloned here is idiocy to be used as an intellectual shield. Its intent is to guard the precious little ego under chryst's fatally transparent skin, shielding others from any possible insight displaying his *human failings.

he bitches about people bitching about him bitching at the same thing hes bitching at.

Cyanide ChrYst
01-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha. Yes dude, I'm TERRIFIED of your judgement. What with you being enlightened toolfans and all, with the ability to see through walls and figure out intense physics problems, I'm desperately trying to hide my true form from you.

You still dont get it. After months of explaining. You think you know everything and you dont, and that pisses me off to no end. And then twenty of you assholes, with all the same opinions and views and NOTHING SPECIAL OF YOUR OWN TO SHARE, encircle me and attempt to assemble a complaint of how you cant believe I disagree with you.

Tool fucking rules, but it's fans are total dipshits and they think they're better than everyone. Maynard could smear the cover of the new album (Irising) in his asscheeks and you'd all think the shit would represent the defacation of modern man.

You're just idiots. Plain and simple. You're teenagers, you'll never amount to anything with the knowledge you have right now, your faith in all your separate and stupid gods and the false belief that you have Religion all figured out is stupid. You are ingenuine and worthless, and you will never see it because you think you're all different from each other.

MrMcPheezy
01-01-2005, 10:54 PM
If I were just another kissass clone like you or everyone else here

Is this comment directed at me?

If so, what basis for this do you have? I'm a "clone"? How so? What the fuck are you talking about?

MrMcPheezy
01-01-2005, 10:58 PM
NOTHING SPECIAL OF YOUR OWN TO SHARE

This coming from someone in a coverband.

Tool fucking rules, but it's fans are total dipshits and they think they're better than everyone.

I'd like you to show me one statement from any one person here that believes they are better than everyone. Also, the statement should show that their reasoning for this belief is based on the fact that they like tool.

Good luck finding one.

You're just idiots. Plain and simple. You're teenagers, you'll never amount to anything with the knowledge you have right now, your faith in all your separate and stupid gods and the false belief that you have Religion all figured out is stupid. You are ingenuine and worthless, and you will never see it because you think you're all different from each other.

And how old are you?

Seriously, this part of your post was just fucking absurd.

munted_soul
01-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Note to Cyanide, I hate you.

Tool fucking rules, but it's fans are total dipshits and they think they're better than everyone.

You can't call us dipshits and tell us how we think we're better than everyone then devote the rest of your post telling us how you're better than us and make a dipshit of yourself.

paraflux
01-31-2005, 11:59 AM
His entire point is to make a dipshit of himself.

Raev'n
01-31-2005, 11:06 PM
I think you're all dipshits.

Fuck Up

tempest
02-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Anyway..... so Triad. Pretty fucking cool, huh? I agree with whoever said it earlier; has very powerful message and general aura probably due to the all pervading rhythm, most definitely a song there for a reason. Its hard to explain but to me its kind of like the sensual representation of the revelations in Reflection. Everything in it seems significant and can be related. But then analysing shit to death is fun too.

paraflux
02-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Anyway..... so Triad. Pretty fucking cool, huh? I agree with whoever said it earlier; has very powerful message and general aura probably due to the all pervading rhythm, most definitely a song there for a reason. Its hard to explain but to me its kind of like the sensual representation of the revelations in Reflection. Everything in it seems significant and can be related.

Nice thoughts. I always try to draw parallels between the images that are presented to me, and the images that others get. I see Reflection as the exodus from the Earthly plane, and Triad as the new beginning, new creation.

tempest
02-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I see Reflection as the exodus from the Earthly plane, and Triad as the new beginning, new creation.

Yeah, very close to me. 'Cept Reflections is a... realisation (and hence an exodus) of the nature of reality and Triad as an aural equivalent of this singular, powerful force that saturates our existence.
Instead of a new beginning i see it as the uncovering of the energy that is already there, and the song represents this energy directly.
Of course, it being a revelation would mean it IS a new beginning so we are all right. Especially when no one was wrong in the first place.

Except you. Yeah, you.

Raev'n
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
... Dammit. And I was this close. | |

tempest
02-03-2005, 10:50 AM
It's unfourtunate.

paraflux
02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Of course, it being a revelation would mean it IS a new beginning so we are all right. Especially when no one was wrong in the first place.

I write with this already in mind.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-04-2005, 11:21 PM
You morons completely misread everything I said.
I'll simplify it for the toolfags.

A tool fan, and I'm talking about the assholes with tribal tattoos that mean NOTHING to them, hold some kind of intellectual superiority over everyone else because they 'listen to tool'. I used to be one. Hell, I still think everyone else's music sucks. But I dont act like tool is our godsend.

I'm not in a coverband. My band can cover like two tool songs. Nice try.

I dont share anything creative with this board because you dipshits will either put it down, or read too far into it. I can draw a picture of my sack and all of you will get together and agree that it's a representation of my hatred of foreign policy. You're just stupid, all of you.

And as far as the ingenuine clone thing...it's exactly what you are. You all sit here in a circle with your arms folded and you agree on everything, and throw in your two cents every few minutes. Outside of this board, your mystical surrealities dont mean jack shit to anyone on earth. Not even tool themselves give a shit what you perceive from their music.

Just buy their cds and shut the fuck up.

tempest
02-05-2005, 03:22 PM
I write with this already in mind.

Yeah, I just wouldn't like people thinking that I am negating their views.

Except in this case:

You morons completely misread everything I said.
I'll simplify it for the toolfags.

A tool fan, and I'm talking about the assholes with tribal tattoos that mean NOTHING to them, hold some kind of intellectual superiority over everyone else because they 'listen to tool'. I used to be one. Hell, I still think everyone else's music sucks. But I dont act like tool is our godsend.

I'm not in a coverband. My band can cover like two tool songs. Nice try.

I dont share anything creative with this board because you dipshits will either put it down, or read too far into it. I can draw a picture of my sack and all of you will get together and agree that it's a representation of my hatred of foreign policy. You're just stupid, all of you.

And as far as the ingenuine clone thing...it's exactly what you are. You all sit here in a circle with your arms folded and you agree on everything, and throw in your two cents every few minutes. Outside of this board, your mystical surrealities dont mean jack shit to anyone on earth. Not even tool themselves give a shit what you perceive from their music.

Why do you get so angry, Cyanide? You argue vehemently with everyone simply, as you have said for yourself, because you can and like to. I'll admit that some of the time, when an argument does not occur, you can be pretty funny. But from what I've seen most of the time you're just consumed by disdain, alienation and hatred. What the fuck is up? I don't mean to be condescending or spiteful.
peace

Cyanide ChrYst
02-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Because no matter what signals I send, people misconceive them.

Like dude, come on. If I were truly angry and unhappy with life, dont you think I'd be out killing people or something? I dont come to this board to argue, I just think everyone is stupid. And that's true; it is NOBODY'S problem but mine...but then again it doesnt bother me.

Anger cannot be expressed on a computer. And nobody can really anger anybody over a computer...there is zero emotion transferred. I dont go to bed at night with a chip on my shoulder because some kid here says I had sex with a man. It just doesnt happen.

I just sort of disrespect everyone who disagrees with me. And if you dont like my outlook, you're SOL.

Raev'n
02-07-2005, 12:02 AM
You don't have to be angry or unhappy with life to kill people.

I just view it as a source of income

MrMcPheezy
02-07-2005, 12:14 AM

I've shared a lot of my writing here, and no one's ever done either of those things. What basis do you have for this statement?

And as far as the ingenuine clone thing...it's exactly what you are. You all sit here in a circle with your arms folded and you agree on everything, and throw in your two cents every few minutes.

What are you talking about? People around here rarely agree with each other.

I think you're just angry that no one ever agrees with you.

Outside of this board, your mystical surrealities dont mean jack shit to anyone on earth. Not even tool themselves give a shit what you perceive from their music.

You obviously don't know much about the members here, which makes this whole point entirely irrelevant.

Raev'n
02-07-2005, 12:34 AM
*sigh* what happened to sex, drugs and rock 'n roll?

tempest
02-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Because no matter what signals I send, people misconceive them.

Like dude, come on. If I were truly angry and unhappy with life, dont you think I'd be out killing people or something? I dont come to this board to argue, I just think everyone is stupid. And that's true; it is NOBODY'S problem but mine...but then again it doesnt bother me.

Anger cannot be expressed on a computer. And nobody can really anger anybody over a computer...there is zero emotion transferred. I dont go to bed at night with a chip on my shoulder because some kid here says I had sex with a man. It just doesnt happen.

I just sort of disrespect everyone who disagrees with me. And if you dont like my outlook, you're SOL.

Yeah, agreable; if you're gonna take away what is said to you on here and allow yourself to be disgruntled by it then you are a bit of a dipshit. But there are thresholds to this (in threads with meaning or purpose at least), such as accepting the possible validity of other people's views, not presuming everyone is intellectually inferior to yourself and not being deliberately counter-productive that you sometimes cross. In my opinion. Which probably sucks in yours.
And 'SOL'; is that like becoming the Sun or something? Sorry, I have noob characteristics. On the subject you could probably tell me what 'pwned' means as well...

paraflux
02-07-2005, 05:01 PM

Sort of? I am still amazed you dont see your own childishness. That's not an insult, by the way. It's just crazy. Then I remember your age, and it makes a little more sense, but not much. You're an idiot, kiddo. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I gave up bounty hunting long ago. I have a sensitive side.

tempest
02-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I gave up bounty hunting long ago. I have a sensitive side.
Right.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Hey, it's true. I cried during Saving Private Ryan.

tempest
02-09-2005, 05:40 AM
I wasn't doubting it, just wondering why you bothered writing it...?

Cyanide ChrYst
02-12-2005, 01:44 AM
The truth is, I'm lonely. Nobody loves me except my tv dinners and some of you. I just sit in my room and rot all day. :( :( :( *tears and such*

tempest
02-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Let it all out...

Cyanide ChrYst
02-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Actually the only thing I have to let out is this massive shit I've got baking in the ol' fleshoven.

Nimh
02-28-2005, 02:30 PM
In case you were wondering (which I doubt), SOL = shit outta luck.