PDA

View Full Version : A Few Ideas !

TheDisturbed1
01-23-2003, 03:54 AM
i have got a couple of ideas about this song!....first of all it cud be about the bad effects of masturbation!...Prison Sex seems to be a term that havin' sex in a very bound way...it cud be masturbation...and young ppl who practise it dunt seem to see the outcome of it untill they reach 40s....and then u start havin' spine and eye problems....so the first few lines say that it took the person who practised it a while to remember wot actually is the reason for this disaster!....he did way long b4....and obviously everything that has a bad outcome is a sin!...he says hes alive so it means its not a sin that wont be forgiven!...and the writer later on stops us from doing so!

the other thing cud be pushing of religion onto a man and not letting him decide wot he wants to follow!thats almost a rape!....the first lines cud mean that he was made to follow wot his parnets wanted and cuz of being young and not so wise he was raped off his right of believing wot he wants to!...and then he toks to us and he says dunt let that happen to u!

last of all the rumor that Maynard was raped by his dad!...i think thats all crap!...if Maynard ever said that..he might mean he was forced to follow the path his dad followed!...thats like rape!..(as i mentioned in the above paragraph)...if any other opinions....lemme know cuz this song is something which u can take into thousands of directions!

TheDisturbed1
01-24-2003, 09:03 AM
and dunt forget the endless cycle of abuse aswell!....

ignore-reality
01-31-2003, 01:47 PM
A quote from a 1996 Rolling Stone article:

"He (MJK) says his childhood was scarred by the other "huge traumatic things," which he later confronted in TOOL's 1994 single "Prison Sex," a song about child abuse."

TheDisturbed1
02-01-2003, 12:13 AM
dunt 4get everything Maynard says is a fusion of dark humor and symbolization!....if he ever claimed of being child abused or raped by his father...he might mean he was raped off his right to choose the believes he wanted to follow!...

ignore-reality
02-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by TheDisturbed1
dunt 4get everything Maynard says is a fusion of dark humor and symbolization!....if he ever claimed of being child abused or raped by his father...he might mean he was raped off his right to choose the believes he wanted to follow!...

Agreed.....just what stupid ass Rolling Stone mag says. Most of the articles Ive read on this website kind of piss me off. Written in such a commercial way without respect. Maybe make a good post. What do you think of corprate and mainstreams vision of Tool?

TheDisturbed1
02-02-2003, 07:01 AM
yeh rollin' stone has all the crap in it!....no truth at all!....i read in that magazine that Offspring started a fued wid Creed!...that wuz never true!...the lead singer of Offspring never said anything about Stapp at a show!..so u can figure that out and even most of the srticles here r fake!...i think kabir shud verify them first b4 puutin' them on the site!...

Sora
02-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Good thinking with the bound masturbation thing. As far as being raped by his father (as cliche as it has become) I feel it has to do with him being raped of his beliefs.

Keep that in mind at all times, thank you...

Phosphoros
02-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TheDisturbed1
dunt 4get everything Maynard says is a fusion of dark humor and symbolization!....if he ever claimed of being child abused or raped by his father...he might mean he was raped off his right to choose the believes he wanted to follow!... I also thought the same when i first heard the song, and right now I'm passing through something simillar, my mom is catholic and wants me to be one, but i really don't want to be part of those liars who claim to be something they are not. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I agree with you.

TheDisturbed1
02-26-2003, 06:04 AM
thank u!....