PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Box

CrownOfNegativity
09-02-2004, 12:53 PM
I watched the video just now and I've watched it before as well. When we see the box at first, we see that it is tied shut with rope. Maybe signifying that he isn't supposed to open it, as if someone had bade him not to. Perhaps his own curiosity got the best of him and so he opens it. Now, most of you have probably heard the story of Pandora who was given a box/chest and told by the gods not to open it. Her own curiosity forced her to open it and therefore all of the evils were released. Quickly, she tries to shut the box. One good thing is left behind, Hope. Maybe when the creature in the video opens it he is afraid because he seems to peer out into the hall and is peering out the door. He tied the box back up. I'm not sure about this theory, but I believe that it could be possible. If anyone cares to prove me wrong or elaborate on this, please feel free.

Pendragon
09-09-2004, 02:33 AM
I really have no clue but thats a good hunch. I saw the video for teh first time yesterday so I couldnt say.

Raev'n
09-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Best theory I've heard for a while. One guy tried to tell me it was a box of condoms and that the guy ini the video was a catholic struggling with his own doubts after he see's wahts inside it and then fucks himself up etc... Kinda weird but almost makes sense in a fucked up way.

PandorasGoblin
10-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Its the best theory that i've heard so far and i can see the it making sense, an no it was not a box of condoms ( great guess), an the video does portay the box as a danger

Mesiah?
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
i just saw the video couple of days ago and thats the best therory i heard so far

TEST
11-11-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't know...
when he opens the box he starts seeing things...
i'm guessing it reprisents his choice not to be sober

Khastra_KSC
12-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I watched the video just now and I've watched it before as well. When we see the box at first, we see that it is tied shut with rope. Maybe signifying that he isn't supposed to open it, as if someone had bade him not to. Perhaps his own curiosity got the best of him and so he opens it. Now, most of you have probably heard the story of Pandora who was given a box/chest and told by the gods not to open it. Her own curiosity forced her to open it and therefore all of the evils were released. Quickly, she tries to shut the box. One good thing is left behind, Hope. Maybe when the creature in the video opens it he is afraid because he seems to peer out into the hall and is peering out the door. He tied the box back up. I'm not sure about this theory, but I believe that it could be possible. If anyone cares to prove me wrong or elaborate on this, please feel free.

pretty sure thats what it is.

i believe the song to be about how we are drunk with religion. no one is looking for answers and stuff anymore, etc. etc..... i'm sure you get it.

anyways, that would make sense to me that he would have opened the pandora's box.
he starts seeing things he never saw after that if you notice.
all the traps and empty places.... he discovers whats behind the scenes.

i think that is a beautiful piece of art.

Harrymanfeet
12-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I dunno if u guys heard this but I recently saw an interview on youtube with Maynard and he said that whenever Adam's making a video he goes by wut the music means to him not necasarily the words so maybe it is something to do with pandoras box and it has nothing to do with alcohal or drugs at all....who knows except Adam?

morgoth's shadow
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
i always figured it's about drug addiction. i don't interpret all of their songs in drug terms but altered states of consciousness are a major theme in their music, i think.

the end.

conor moore
07-16-2007, 05:27 PM
maybe this video is about someone getting really drunk and they start seeing things

and maybe the box he opens has some alcohol in it and he closed because he had enough

nocatharsis
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
heh, i always joked that it was his stash. pandora's box is a more acceptable interpretation though.

mrskeenan
08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
all in all that is a really good theory, i'm quite impressed, but right now we're probably doing exactly what was intended...analyzing the hell out of this when really they maybe just wanted to make us wonder what the hell was in the box. damn i wish i knew what the hell was in that box...

Gæter
08-29-2007, 05:41 AM
He ties the box back up and re-hides it under his floorboards (apparently every time he indulges)-- almost like most people feel like quitting drinking when they are hungover, yet with time they are tempted to drink again. He writes in bed, like some sort of withdrawal, and eventually pulls out the precious box and cuts it open again.

Wretched
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I think Adam Jones just took a bunch of acid and came up with the theory of a man in a house that also is a meat factory.

revolve
09-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Pandoras box...maybe. it kind of makes me think "indulge, and be prepared for the iminent reaction" "ask only if you are ready for the answer". nothing was happening before the box was opened. he just looked sad, shitty, alone, and decrepid. But then the box is opened and his shitty existence has some purpose, he might have some answers as to "why" even if the answer is a fucked one.
maybe it is a box of condoms........yeah.........I'm leaning towards condoms.

lifeless·satellite
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Pandoras box...maybe. it kind of makes me think "indulge, and be prepared for the iminent reaction" "ask only if you are ready for the answer". nothing was happening before the box was opened. he just looked sad, shitty, alone, and decrepid. But then the box is opened and his shitty existence has some purpose, he might have some answers as to "why" even if the answer is a fucked one.
maybe it is a box of condoms........yeah.........I'm leaning towards condoms.

Lol

lifeless·satellite
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
^Goddammit.

The Villain
06-30-2013, 01:54 PM
probably the best theory about sober's music video.

MasterFuzzSolarWind
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
And the pipes are Pandora's plumbing?

New Rebellion
08-26-2013, 06:54 AM
i just saw the video couple of days ago and thats the best therory i heard so far

I must agree