PDA

View Full Version : Eulogy, history repeats itself

Virgo_Scholar
09-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Who's knows if this is even close, but the thought inspired me. A teacher once told my class, anyone can write about humanity, or a warning such as "Beware of the nazis" but an artistic writer will put it metaphorically, so that it can last through the ages and relate to different things in history. When I first understood what the words were, it did make me think of Jesus. Yet, Jesus wasn't a bad guy...why the lyrcis about a facade and whatnot, perhaps because it's not aimed at Jesus? Maybe said a voice, it's written from the point of a jew. They killed Jesus to see if he would die for them...they followed him, they encouraged him, and then his most devoted followers created a facade in the new testament. How does this apply to the rest of history? Jesus was the most notably person in history to be outspoken, to become a leader, and then made to prove himself to his followers, however he's not the only one. So to write a song about him, from the point of view of the follower, without naming him, can then relate to other people and insatnces in history. Eulogy, the story of the untrusting follower...

Rhymeandreason
09-03-2004, 11:44 PM
It could relate to any situation where someone took power by aweing the people. Those with charisma making false promises and trying to be martyrs for a cause but only say that to gain power. How people are so easily led. I think maynard tried linking this to the life and death of jesus christ however. Just my interpretation.