PDA

View Full Version : retirement? no...

Triangular_Vision
08-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Im not so sure that this song has much to do at all with maynards retirement. In correlation to tools layering, i do not dissagree at all. Sure, since being famouse artists, that is part of their life... But my firmest theory is that this song is more of a personal philosophy dealing with life in general. You can see individual thoughts rising into eachother rather than a story being told (more of a log), even breathing at the beginning... something begins to bug him and it grows... then boom (these are improtant, the bass signifys the most moving emotional times, or stepping stones)..., and the music complements this theory well i think. If you look at it as short thought bursts in which pauses in thought show pauses in lyrical content, the music begins to represent the emotion at the time of thought (getting calmer, angry, anticipating)... As far as what he is waiting out, i think is more geared towards life in perspective of a person that has a very deep understanding of the human phyche, spirit and will, that is using these thoughts, this wisdom to keep himself pure. To keep himself on the path of knowledge or enlightenment... whatever... The more you learn in life, the more power you gain on physical levels, mental levels, and spiritual levels. This is all you have to lose and gain, it is easilly flipped or reversed due to temptation, or fatigue. His constant reminding of his choice is his driving force. And since humans have polarity consciouseness, as long as you are human, there is always an opposite (which displays how energy is never free, but shifting places). Since you are dealing with love on a metaphysical level, there are heavy consequences. But here i am rambling on, when the real idea is to find it out for yourself, like ummm whats that, oh ya, Think for yourself, Question Authority, Tool and APC are universal puzzle pieces that have multibles of fittings. Enjoy.

Triangular_Vision
08-31-2004, 08:02 AM
oh ya, in relation to "the grudge," in "the patient" you can seewhen it goes from agressive to soft not so quickly... "choose to, let this `GOOOOOOooooooo,,,,,,,,......._____" it falls off, as if he is releasing mental, or spiritual pressure or guilt or anger... whatever is disturbing him at the time... the longer the release the more tediouse. it is a hopeful guide.