PDA

View Full Version : The story Behind Lateralus......

randomspiral
08-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Ok so the other im really high and listening to tool and i start thinkin about that theory how theres a story behind the track listings and if u listen to it all one after another, and i came up with a story tell me wat u guys think......

Its very vague but i think in the right direction..I think the main plot or theme is one of few things: Enlightenment, To think for yourself, and to find the truth watever that is.

1.Grudge- In order to begin this path the first thing you must do is to let go of all your grudges and not hold any....very simple...dont clown me for not getting into detail just look at the big picture.

2.The patient- Your not gonna like the way things are, You let go of these grudges and shit is still pissin you off but just "BE PATIENT"

3.Schism- This pretty much promotes communication. From a scale of person to person or to as big as you can think.....Strengthen your communication.

4.Parabol and Parabola- Realize that your alive and this gift thats been given to you. Dont waste it and dont fear death.

5.Thicks and Leeches- Pretty much saying fuck the media, fuck the government, and any other authority, do wat you want and think for yourself.

6. Lateralus- Start exploring your thoughts, Over analyze. Its ok to be confused.. In one religion i think budda im not sure but they say Enlightenment is found in confusion.. "Searching for the random or watever will bewilder me" The spiral he speaks about in philosophy i forgot which philosopher maybe plato or socrates described the spiral as asking a question and not getting a definite answer but with what you do get you ask more questions unitl you reach the truth...so "Spiral out keep going"

7.Dispoistion- Im not too sure about this one but i got an opinion...Youve made it this far now open ur mouth say something to someone help some one out....mension something mension anything....pretty much u can change someones life with just words ..."watch the weather change"

8.Reflection- Now that youve done all this let it all go, fuck wat america has taught u, let go of this ego that america or whoever has created for you...We are all human we are all the same.... at this point is where u start to reach enlightenment.

9.Triad- No words can describe the feeling you have..........

10. Fiap- i wasnt gonna include this but i thought of a little something so ill say it its probably wack......this track might just mean keep your mind open and that never doubt the impossible....

Well there you have it....I didnt go into great detail just wanted to show you wat i see as the big picture i know its a lot to read and thanx if you read it.....Look forward to the feedback

Spiral Out, Keep Going...