PDA

View Full Version : pushit, my interpretation

plscks
01-22-2003, 02:49 AM
this song is very close to my heart, mostly because of how i hear the wrong lyrics, ,but i'll get to that later for now here's some back story:

the reason this song is so close to me is because about two years ago my girl friend at the time broke up with me, and this destroyerd me, i was sure she was like my soul mate, but anyway she had been cheating on me. Now six months ago we got back together, i found out she broke it off last time because she thought i was going to hurt her, she hurt me out of fear of me hurting her. this whole two years we've both been very misrible, but now we're together again and very happy. now, ,here is the part where i explain the lyrics as they apply to me (there aren't that many lines).

"just remember i will always love you,
as i tear your fucking throat away.
this will end no other way."

this is what i imagine her going through breaking it off with me before.

this next part is the part where i hear the incorrect words.

"you still love me, you still love me, you didn't mean to cheat on me"

it's the wrong lyrics but they give me some sort of hope.

"staring down the hole again,
hands are on my back again,
survival is my only friend,
terrified of what may come."

this is me and my girlfriend now, starting over again looking down the unknown path that is to come, arm in arm, scared to death of losing one another, because we know all to well how horrid it was before.

this song makes me sad and happy at the same time, i love it. and by thinking about all of this, once again i have come to the conclusion that Tool's song don't have one specific meaning, it is all up to you to find the songs meaning for you.

anyway long story short, i find this song to be absolutely beautiful, bliss and pain all rolled into one, i love it, it makes me happy.

P.S. - sorry for bad gramer, it's really late

plscks
02-28-2003, 06:40 PM
come on someone has to have some sort of thought about what I think.

Sphase
02-28-2003, 07:44 PM
to me, i think its about pain. no matter how great
things are or how great things have been with a loved
one, it will be ruined. Like, "even though i love you, i'll
hurt you . an inevitable break. but i will still love you"

"it will end no other way."

yes the song is awesome.
i love that line ' you minimize my movement anyway'

jmstoryteller
02-28-2003, 08:14 PM
plscks,

I totally agree. In fact, just before i read your post I posted the following as my favorite line:

"I will choke until i swallow, choke this infant here before me"

This song strikes my heart where I face the angst of on one hand facing all of the problems of a relationship, no matter how trivial and damaging ; and on the other hand is the defeat you admit when you hide from a problem.

A relationship is an infant, a tender, pure, fragile, helpless thing. it is what it is, and it is very easily destroyed...

plscks
03-01-2003, 05:04 PM
very cool interpretation, it's so true.

Shinji
07-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Why so many people want to tell the story of their life here ?