PDA

View Full Version : Heroin?

3dglver
08-16-2004, 11:21 AM
I have heard theories that this song is about the drug and "H" is the letter representing it. Obviously. But I have heard other theories saying that the letter stands for other things, not all make sense though. Does anyone have any theories that do make sense and that you would be willing to tell me.

I realize that this topic could have come up and has probably been disscussed here before, I don't care. I am somewhat new to the site and I am in wonderings. If you have a problem, don't post.

NOeggs23
08-17-2004, 04:34 PM
hey- go to old news and you'll see that the song was originally called "half-full" and maynard changed it before the album came out. I think its about wat drugs and religon are doin to him. drugs bein the mirror and religon bein the snake and thier "killin me just the same". but i also heard when maynard was asked wat the song was about all he said was "my son is named devo h. keenan" but i think he did that to throw ppl off.

Triangular_Vision
08-18-2004, 06:02 PM
The title H is to throw people off yes... but as you may know many if not all tool songs have multible layers. At first glance, the song is about drugs, venemous voice and the snake being the drugs, and his blood before him and his heart represent his true self and shedding light that any gain from "H" is a lie. It could also be looked at like a love song... "think for yourself, question authority" i guess thats all that really needs to be said.

NOeggs23
08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
damn straight

Undertolerance
08-21-2004, 08:21 PM
I feel that the title of the song is not all together clear for a reason. And that being the unerlying current of every Tool song ever written, recorded, produced and sold for mass consumption to the mindless masses(well most of them anyhow).

Th1_rhs13
08-24-2004, 01:41 AM
I feel that the title of the song is not all together clear for a reason. And that being the unerlying current of every Tool song ever written, recorded, produced and sold for mass consumption to the mindless masses(well most of them anyhow).

The simple fact is that they do tend to draw in a crowd that will blindly follow for whatever reason, the more common one i haev encountered was "it sounds cool."
Although troubling i haev come to accept it, it seems to those who identify with their thought provoking lyrics seem to be in a higher intelectual state. Example: Depict/ and draw corelation to that of Sober to H.

On the surface they both seem to promot thought of toxics/subtance abuse, but...

Well I will allow you to create and present valid and coherent arguements..

NOeggs23
08-25-2004, 01:00 PM
yeah, i dont like ppl who say they listen to music cuz it "sounds cool" either. they piss me off the ignorant bastards. in but in the words of maynard (from aenema) "fuck 'em"

Triangular_Vision
08-30-2004, 07:11 PM

the mindless are a fertile field in which powerfull seeds sown will flourish. Spiral out... keep going.

Mandolina
12-15-2004, 12:59 PM
well im a heroin addict and to me, the song relates. I precieve it as a constant struggle, you want to stop, you dont want to use anymore, howerver the phisical aspect of the withdrawls and the depression that coenscides are somewhat overwhelming, and you shoot up again. Not cause youn want to, but because you have to in order to feel somwhat normal.This is my interpretation take it for what its worth

"whats coming through is alive ,whats holding up is a mirror"-your sober you see yourself coming around and when you look at yourself you cant stand who you see or what you have become

"But whats singing songs is a snake looking to turn his piss to wine"- the caving is there lingering in your mind at all times. making the 'piss' your bood mix w/H turnig it beatiful, turing it to "wine"....maybe there is some religouse refrenses, when takeing communion wine is the bood of christ, perhaps maynard is saying that your blood becomes like christs or you feel like god when high. or perhaps the high is god

"They're both totally void of hate and killing me just the same"-you can die from opiate withdrawls also you can die from using....slowly

"the snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. the blood befor mebegs me to open up my hear again. And I feel this comeing over like a storm again.consideratly."-Getting high to aviod withdrwls

"Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty."-it sucks you dry from life slowly

"Drags me down like some sweet gravity.The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. My blood before me begs me open up my heart again. And I feel this coming over like a storm again. "-doing it again, despite it draging you doen it feels sooo good

"I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away. "-heroin changes your brain chemistry , so that you need it to feel normal

"Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me."-its always there

"Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears the walls came down. And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times. I could have cried then. I should have cried then." -should have stoped befor it was too late, he wants to feel , whats to be normal again ...but its too late..?

" And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died and will die. It's all right. I don't mind. I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away. Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me. "-acceptance wsith himself for what he has become and who he is...

MrMcPheezy
12-15-2004, 01:13 PM
I am in wonderings.

lol

Triangular_Vision
12-24-2004, 06:55 AM
whatever you do, don't let cyanide in here. he'll just tell you that your opinions are wrong and you are stupid for even having one.
lol