PDA

View Full Version : tool, god, aliens

exojjl
08-15-2004, 11:59 PM
I have a totally new concept on what the Lateralus album is about.
You need to do the thing about lining the nose of the man in the slip cover with the song reflection on the back of the slip cover.
Here is what I found when doing this.

Take the booklet. Open the first page. Think about the similaritys between the man with his muscles to the song "Disposition".
One definition of the word Disposition is "The power or liberty to control, direct, or dispose. " muscle is that liberty to control your body.

Flip the page. Think about the man in the picture to the song "Reflection"
He has an complete eye ball now. And the pentagram, if you know anything about the pentagram. And now the flaming "eyes" are around him.

Flip the page. The word "Triad" means three. which has to do with this page.
Disposition = ability to move
Reflection = sight?
Triad is the tough part though.

Flip the page.
"Faaip de Oiad" means the voice of god.
And whats in that picture in the mans brain? the word "God"
The song is about aliens. From what I understand the band is into that kinda stuff. or at least I know Danny Carey and one other member is. I read once about them going to the borders of Area 51. In which area 51 is mentioned in this last track.
Some people believe that aliens came thousands of years ago. Some say they helped build the pyramids or help with technology. Supposeively aliens were "god". They came from the sky.
What im getting at is that maybe tool believes in aliens. Or maybe they believe in the whole alien god deal. Or maybe not.
That is one interpretation I have about the album.

RiaN!
08-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Yep. Voice of Godness. party on man.

Not that I'm giving ANY new information. But that was from the Art Bell show (the dude panicking like a little girl before the MIBs drag him into the desert and shoot him, or dress him like a girl, or whatever they do these days...

The brain says GOD in it. I didnt do it. danny and their Silver Coleman toting homie, Blair, like to go kick it around are 51 til the Spooks make them leave.

I forgot what I was saying, but you rock anyway man. Figuring out the whole pamphlet aligning stuff, even if it wasn't intentional, is still pretty funky fresh, and for that, you get a gold star,

I was disappointed that they've never included a hidden picture of a cow licking its butt yet. maybe next album.

exojjl
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
hey man, thanks, but thats not all I have, theres even more deepness to the album i think, im pretty sure. Recently ive been sitting down and listening to tthe album alot, and came up with more. I'll post the rest.

exojjl
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
hey doods, heres what i came up with while listening to lateralus.
I think the album is about coming out of an unhappy past. I think.
The first song is "The Grudge".
He might have had a grudge against someone.

"Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen."

"But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here."

As i get about halfway or so on the song "Parabola", the music gives you the feeling of an end. Spiraling down and down.

Then you get to "Ticks and Leeches" and its just going down again, even more so.
then the song ends with the lyrics "I HOPE YOU CHOKE."
Maybe trying to put an end to the grudge? Putting all of it to the side and just saying "fuck you, i hope you fucking choke."

Then when "Lateralus" comes in, the song is brighter and happier.
I think the song is about going from one direction in life to another direction.

"Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend."

It almost seems as if hes saying he is reborn.
Seeing a brighter more controllable future.
"red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see."

So The song I think is saying hes going from one direction to another, "Lateral" direction?
Maybe Lateralus means all of the band is going in a different direction.
Lateral-US, US as in the band.
For one, the direction as in i think gaining his vision, and his mind.

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind."

I havnt gotten to the songs "disposition" and "Reflection" yet.
My thoughts are kinda incomplete.
If anyone else has anything to give to this, that would be sweet.

One more thing.
This is interesting.
From "Faaip de Oiad"

"I've kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, um, they'll "TRIANGULATE" on this position really soon."

The word triangulate. Triad has to do with three. And triangles do to.

Anyways....

RiaN!
08-24-2004, 02:21 PM
I think The Grudge is about the time Maynard dropped his toothbrush in the toilet and got really mad.

exojjl
08-24-2004, 10:44 PM
really? Well i guess that could be it. But what I had was just an possible idea.
What do you think the lyrics "Let Go" in the song have to do with?
My first idea was letting go of a grudge. But then again, it could be letting go of a toothbrush into a toilet!

lighterbandit
06-27-2006, 05:48 PM
i think it means let go of everything and just relax in the moment. any which way, that is my favorite part of the whole CD