PDA

View Full Version : Speaking From God's Vantage Point

Back Down In The Undertow
08-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I listened to this song and read the lyrics over and over and read what people thought it meant and then and idea suddenyl came to me. I know this sounds wierd, but could it be that Maynard is speaking as if he were god? For instance..."I know you well. You are a part of me. I know you better than I know myself." I think he is saying that I am God and I know you better than I know myself (being god that means he knows this person pretty damn well). Then he says, "You don't judge. You can't speak. You can't leave. You can't hurt me. You're just here for me to use." That line jumped right out at me, I thought Maynard possibly meant that here, God is complimenting this person and coaxing him or her to make the sacrifice, to die for him, and the part about "...for me to use" only furthers that. Then he goes, "It's up to you to make a sacrific if you have to die a little give it up." Meaning, die for me because I knwo you so well. I have heard better interpretations than this but I thought I would add in my two cents.

Harold
08-12-2004, 06:23 PM
odd... but kind of original