PDA

View Full Version : Love and snake

stavrogin
08-12-2004, 05:42 AM
First of all this song is not about Devo as most of the people here think. I am sure of this. Second i think most propably it is, about love. The person that is connected is the person loved. This song and stinkfist i think is the real concept of this album. I say Anima(the female side of males). The snake is the thing that corrupts the narrator. It's i think and obsessive problem because it comes again and again. And it is not really a problem only a perceived one. He is not sure of this so he says the snake behind me hisses what my damage could have. He finds the solution to this by not minding if it is really a problem or not. And so he is comes to a state where he is half full. But he is not totally healed. But he doesnt run away from the person also he makes to choice to stay with them. I say the because the girl already have a relationship. So he is connected to her to slip away and fade away. But that can change also. The call for change is maded in stinkfist. I think that way.

Circe
08-12-2004, 08:55 AM
First of all this song is not about Devo as most of the people here think. I am sure of this. Second i think most propably it is, about love.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but this statement begs the question: How do you know?

How are you so sure its not about his kid, but then not sure if its about love?

Triangular_Vision
08-30-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but this statement begs the question: How do you know?

How are you so sure its not about his kid, but then not sure if its about love?

ditto first of all... as far as saying "i am sure of this" but the idea is wonderful and one that i have dwelled on in the past. But physical love cannot be the only angle... My only objection is that you have forgotten about the layers. Find another 3 meanings to this song, and you've probably gotten about 10% of the meaning intended. You should look into the mathematical formulas, and patterns in the beats and lyrics just for the hell of it... but thats not all of it either. Your a fool if you think you really know... i am no fool, i can only yet fathom.