PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Abuse of Prison Sex

Svartalfar
01-21-2003, 09:47 AM
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Freidrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

This is sort of the basic of "circles of abuse", such as sexual abuse, physical abuse (or a combonation, such as prison rape). It can be observed in the lives of abused children - they will often grow up to be abusers. A good question is... why? Why does this happen? A common belief is that a child will grow up to believe that this is the "right" way to live. To beat up his wife, kids, etc. Well... I tend to disagree. Even Hitler knew that his actions were highly immoral* and not to be accepted, and everyone knows that, say, child abuse is a terrible thing. So, it's just ignorant to say this is the only reason. I think there is a subconscious desire for "revenge". For release. Picture yourself after the end of a very bad day. Just imagine you were beat up, your girlfriend (of boyfrriend) broke up with you, your stock portfolio lost half it's value and that raise you wanted --- not going to happen. After this kind of shit, any normal person would be on the edge, and would love the oppertunity to take out their anger on someone --- anyone. Taking it out on an innocent person is not too different from taking it out on a guilty person.

And that's sort of what the video is about.

* = Which is why he did not "advertise" the fact that he was killing Jews, Slavs and many other minorities in large numbers.

NoVestal
01-25-2003, 11:13 PM
I have no experience to back what I say up but I do have the fact that I'm human and do feel I've suffered from pieces of this.

It's been said that those who grew up in abusive relationships seek out abusive relationships as they grow up. It's codepency I believe. The codependant doesn't feel complete unless they are part of the cycle of abuse. Without that cycle and that feeling of completeness within it they get lost and depressed. When they have a child, I think, it's possible that they feel enraged towards themselves as children for not standing up for themselves or running away and so this comes back around as a sort of low level & constant anger towards the child in front of them. Sort of like, "Here, you take this and do the right thing, get the fuck out, and if you don't you're just as fucked up and stupid as I was and you deserve it."

I like the idea, in the video that the choice is ultimately yours. The loaded brush being the abusee's brush, not the abuser's.