PDA

View Full Version : my angle

glucose
08-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, I mostly agree with "NAMELESS" and his thread, however there are a few places our opinions difer. I have not read most of these threads, so if ti sound alike anyone elses ummm sorry i guess.

H.

What's coming through is alive. (overwhelming emotions consuming him)

What's holding up is a mirror. ( EIther a picture of or his actual son)

But what's singing songs is a snake looking to turn this piss to wine. They're both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same.

( I believe this part makes reference to the snake from the garden of eden, the the voice that tempted eve to eat of the forbiden fruit. Therefore it sybolically represents the forbiden temptation aspect of this song-the worlds that he is torn between, loving his son and being alive and well for him-and the other an addiction most likely to heroin that will consume and destroy him. The two of them-his son and the drug are void of hate, one of the two is dependant on him which kills him emotionally-and the other he is dependant on and will kill him physicallly, cripling the relationship he wishes to provide for his boy-and the piss to wine part I think means hes gonna piss blood if he takes the drug.)

The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been.
My blood before me begs me open up my heart again. ( his childs image before him forces him to realize)

And I feel this coming over like a storm again. (and all these same thoughts and emotions swoon over him, alowing him to slowly discover his faults and his courage to overcome them, to be the person he needs to be for his child.)
considerately.

Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity. ( he is in his darkest moment-dealing with the most fierced point of his addiction)

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again.
And I feel this coming over like a storm again.

I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me.
(his will prevails and realizes the incredible lasting impression that his son has etched on his heart- he will not be defeated. Days away could make reference
Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears the walls came down.
And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times.
I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind.
Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me.
Well, I mostly agree with "NAMELESS" and his thread, however there are a few places our opinions difer. I have not read most of these threads, so if ti sound alike anyone elses ummm sorry i guess.

H.

What's coming through is alive. (overwhelming emotions consuming him)

What's holding up is a mirror. ( EIther a picture of or his actual son)

But what's singing songs is a snake looking to turn this piss to wine. They're both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same.

( I believe this part makes reference to the snake from the garden of eden, the the voice that tempted eve to eat of the forbiden fruit. Therefore it sybolically represents the forbiden temptation aspect of this song-the worlds that he is torn between, loving his son and being alive and well for him-and the other an addiction most likely to heroin that will consume and destroy him. The two of them-his son and the drug are void of hate, one of the two is dependant on him which kills him emotionally-and the other he is dependant on and will kill him physicallly, cripling the relationship he wishes to provide for his boy-and the piss to wine part I think means hes gonna piss blood if he takes the drug.)

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again. ( his childs image before him forces him to realize)

And I feel this coming over like a storm again. (and all these same thoughts and emotions swoon over him, alowing him to slowly discover his faults and his courage to overcome them, to be the person he needs to be for his child.)
considerately.

Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity. ( he is in his darkest moment-dealing with the most fierced point of his addiction)

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again.
And I feel this coming over like a storm again.

(his will prevails and realizes the incredible lasting impression that his son has etched on his heart- he will not be defeated. Days away could make reference to when the bands on tour and he is remembering him).

Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears the walls came down.
And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times. (going over in his head with all these pained thoughts he finally breaks down in tears and with these tears of love and pain he cleanses his concience and draws a conclusion- he chooses to live and love and give and fee,l to provide for another life source, his boy. His temptation is drowned in this pool of tears coming to terms with what he must be).

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then. (regret-so many time he should have realized that this is all it took-just to dig within himself).

And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind. ( realizes this is not the first or last time he will deal with emotions of this level and is ok with it).

Peace and love-take care all

WitheringMyIntuition
08-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Great interpretation of the garden of eden. I never thought of it that way. But I still think that Maynard sees himself in his son. In the Mirror instead of seeing himself, he sees his son. ...
and so on.
Great post