PDA

View Full Version : Just frustration

tgrandom
01-21-2003, 08:27 AM
This song is not a prescription for action.

This song is just a great manifestation of the emotion of frustration with those people who freeload, who break the rules for their own advantage and never face any consequence. When we see something like that, we DO think, "Jeez, I want to shoot that guy. This is not fair." That doesn't mean we should do it; the music is just a representation of what we feel at that moment. Eventually, the moment passes, and we can turn the other cheek, laugh it off, or deal with it head on. But that initial rage is powerful.

I don't particularly like the lyric change to "fuck you myself... my foot up your fucking ass" in some live recordings I've heard. I don't think it's quite as effective, though I can understand that some people might easily misunderstand the lyrics otherwise.

Fruitbar11
01-26-2003, 02:05 PM
I must say that this is a very plausible meaning and won't contest it. Mainly because I can't I think you hit the nail on the head. And I have always enjoyed this song especially when I'm mad because I'm treated like crap by someone who is breaking their own rules all the time then uses their bendable rules against me.

I especially notice this trend with a religion that is most rampant and annoying. Christianity. Everyday I either see one on TV, at school, ect breaking some rule they made up to use against other people. I guess these rules only apply to people who don't beleive the same way they do or don't beleive, but as long as your Christian, it's ok.

Hypocrits...

Convoy_X
01-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by tgrandom
This song is not a prescription for action.

This song is just a great manifestation of the emotion of frustration with those people who freeload, who break the rules for their own advantage and never face any consequence. When we see something like that, we DO think, "Jeez, I want to shoot that guy. This is not fair." That doesn't mean we should do it; the music is just a representation of what we feel at that moment. Eventually, the moment passes, and we can turn the other cheek, laugh it off, or deal with it head on. But that initial rage is powerful.

Just like that ass holw Andy Grithif!

Person Guy Man
02-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah, basicly it is musical interpretation of a raw feeling against stupid people :)