PDA

View Full Version : i think i know what the voices are>>and more ;)

Lackymacky
08-08-2004, 03:05 PM
listen to ticks and leeches......the part when it gets quiet, right away when it does get quiet there is a sound, like the begining of the grudge, not saying there is a relation. but anywho, it seems like a VCR and maybe its rewinding, and the voice thats talking and that you cant understand is just all the words to the song, being played over again. oh and at the end of ticks and leeches someone says something..sounds like someone is sayin "you fuckin suck" ......i donno

listen to the song and tell me what you think..but listen to it with headphones so you can hear the details, and blast it up!

MORNING_GLORY
08-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah there are definitly voices, but those aren't the ones that interest me. I think hes saying "you're killin' me, you're killin me" during the soft part, then a bunch of gibberish, but after it gets loud again, around 7:10 - 7:32, maynard is grumbling something. People usually dismiss it as him just releasing his anger or something, but I'm pretty sure hes actually talking. I've been messing around with this part in SoundForge for awhile, but it's hard because the guitars are about the same frequency as his voice. If anyone knows a better way to enhance maynards voice or dim the rest of the music, let me know. I think the last part you're talking about is Danny saying "that was fuckin' fast" or something to that extent.

Lackymacky
08-08-2004, 06:00 PM
yeah i see what you mean by the fucking fast part. i cant understand one word of the "gibberish" all i get from it is the whole rewinding and playing the whole thing over........unless someone has other ideas..i tried listening for "your killing me" couldnt hear it. ill retry later.

MORNING_GLORY
08-10-2004, 06:08 PM
The first time he says "you're killing me" is at 3:45, then again a bit more clearly at 3:48. Once you hear it you won't be able to stop hearing it. There are a few "suck me dry" parts thrown around, and then the indeterminate gibberish starts around 3:57 and goes to about 5:03. At 4:10 it sounds like "you're so immature, you're so..." followed by gibberish. At 4:26 it sounds like "shouldn't have been so blind" and the rest just sounds like hes yelling jazz or something. But the voices toward the end drive me crazy, I can almost hear them. If I can make it audible I'll put it on a web site or something.

Lackymacky
08-10-2004, 08:06 PM
but listen at 3:34. it sounds like "ahhhh" and that was the VCR i was making reference to. at first it doesnt but then in a few seconds it does, then you hear maynard clearly say suck me dry. and in the begining of the song he says it clearly. so thats why i think its a vcr rewinding the song, lyrically. but youre right i definately hear youre killing me

royc
09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
the more i listen to this song the more i like it. it is like when you are angry but for no good reason or about something you cannot change.

~4:08 "...you know there's somebody whos playing with you, messing with your sanity..."

~4:20 "...trash that i taped, i shouldn't have been so blind..."

thats what i heard what do you think?