PDA

View Full Version : about the bassline

metalwarriorx
08-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I play bass, and i was playing forty-six & 2 the other day and what i was playing didn't sound just quite right as the way it does on the cd. I was wondering if anybody knows if justin uses a pedal on this song and if he does, what kind of effect? thanx

Red Eye Jedi
08-07-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure the exact pedal he is using, but it is definately a clean overdrive with some reverb or something. I think he's combining a few different pedals or something. I'm sure its in one of the articles from the year the song was released, I would look there if I were you.

radmanics
08-20-2004, 05:29 PM
ALWAYS Chorus (2-4 I think depending on the song). I recogn he uses a bit of delay on this track as well, particularly during the start. Nice song to play =] (oh and fiddle with the levels of bass and the tone to get the metalic sound)

Merkabæ
09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Is that what it is? I've always wondered how he got that sound.

bigchiefbc
01-25-2005, 08:29 AM
That is exactly how I play it, with a Digitech BP200 bass whammy pedal, I play it with Chorus and a very slight delay, with gain most of the way down, more treble, less bass. My bass is a Carvin, with active electronics, but I turn them most of the way down for Tool songs. Sounds pretty damn close to Justin's setup to my ears, and my bandmates seem to think I nailed it.