PDA

View Full Version : my interpretation

metalwarriorx
08-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Alright, I'm new here and this is my first post, so here it goes.

To me, Stinkfist is about a relationship where the guy in the relationship doesn't feel love coming from the girl. This guy doesn't feel like his partner is trying to pleasure him in any way and makes him doubt her love for him. And in the song, the guy is asking for the girl to pleasure him even though she might not want to or is scared to. The borderline is symbolizing how far he tries to make her do something to him. This guy doesn't feel the love and wonders if he should go on with the relationship. and in the end this guy will keep on trying until something happens.

Well thats it, I hope that made sense.

coolmtn
08-29-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't know why, but for some reason I don't get the sense that Maynards intentions are that literal...I get the impression that Stinkfisting is a concrete interpretation of something a little more abstract...like the way people in control subliminally effect the people they are controlling through desensitization....I realize this is just an opinion, I don't have any clue what really goes through Maynards head when he writes this shit...must be some sick (crazy) ass fuckin thoughts though...huh...