PDA

View Full Version : Overanalyzing?

Divine_left
01-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Did it ever occur to anyone that this is just a light-hearted song? I honestly think there is no "deeper meaning" to this. I think it was one of those "hey, that sounds cool...lets put it on the ablum" moments. I'm in a band, and as seriously as we take our music and as deep as it can get sometimes, we still throw on stupid parodies and songs that really mean nothing.

Maybe we should step back a bit and realize that these 4 guys are human, and not everything they do is meant to be thought out until its lost whatever mystery there was in the first place.

Hogpile
02-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Yah, man I completely agree. Its like when you wear spandex just because they feel good, not to mention look stunning as well.

Think fer yerself.
Drink beer.
Got to school.
Don't watch "Friends"
A penny saved is still just a fucking penny
One large step for man, one gigantic penis for your mom
Jesus wept.
Innie minnie miney moe.
Inner-turbulence causes flatuation.

Haravikk
10-14-2003, 10:52 AM
It just sounds like a lead in for Jimmy and it is amusing enough to break up the relative seriousness of the rest of the album. Though it could be related considering if 'Jimmy' is 11 years old then a carnival could have been an important experience.

I hate Tool for this :)

Gotta buy Undertow

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 11:02 AM
l don't see this song as an actually meaning for anything besides an interlude to the song jimmy.

Anon
03-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Yeah - I mean it's called Intermission for goodnes sake - it's a little light relief between the two halfs of the album!

lateralopiate
05-29-2004, 04:21 AM
i don't think it is light-hearted,
it's an irony thing

=P

IC
06-04-2004, 07:57 AM
i dunno, its got a really deep meaning you all havent adressed yet: if you listen closly to the doo,doo do do, do wha do, you can tell this has to do with the Janguglairaic Dilect of the Southern Renayayay Peoples native from 'Rost Beef',(now known as turkey,) but who practiced intricate occult practices, that they practiced. Its important to note, when listening to the 'doo, doo doo...doo DOO, doo" that if repeated on the 4th sunday of feburay every 12 and 3.76560 years, that death may result to its speaker when standing in the middle of an inersection. thats why its called intermission.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Orph8998
06-13-2004, 10:04 AM

Windir
06-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Gotta buy Undertow

You... are... an... idiot... !!11!11one!11!!1oneone!!1!11!!!!!!

Forty_Six_And_2
07-22-2004, 07:27 AM
it _is_ only an interlude for jimmy .

Raoul Duke
08-09-2004, 04:25 PM
The way it sounds it makes me think they were on a bunch of LSD when they made it. It just has that "acid" sound to it.

anotherPieceOfThePuzzle
09-06-2004, 06:33 AM
The way it sounds it makes me think they were on a bunch of LSD when they made it. It just has that "acid" sound to it.

Indeed Duke. It's actually sublimal nintendo sponsoring, still in an experimental phase. Not yet affirmed for the masses.

clown137
09-27-2004, 04:21 PM
I think it really gives a certian something to the begin of Jimmy with. You here the intermisson and the words "uhhhh what the fuck?" come out of your mouth, followed by a waltz. But as soon as you here it on adams guitar its like getting slapped out of daydreaming

Triangular_Vision
10-08-2004, 05:25 AM
i think they just got high by the organ and were trying to blow smoke rings out of the pipes following the fib sequence to cause an interdimensional tear pulling sirus-b out of the sky and make it touch the great pyramid in my back yard so that all man kind will understand the importance of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in sunday school.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Overanalyzing?

Yes.

Triangular_Vision
10-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Overanalyzing?

Yes.
who?

ARMZ
11-13-2004, 07:02 AM
When I first heard intermission I had a flashback to my childhood that involved a Dancing Clown Musical Jewel Box pictured here,

http://www.jackbergsales.com/ceramics/musicboxclown.htm

Cyanide ChrYst
11-13-2004, 12:00 PM
are clowns meant to provide joy to children or scare the fuck out of adults?

Masochistic Chia Pet
11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
i think a little of both

adults are scared because they have all had some bad expierience involving a clown. Or that clowns look like the just got out of a straight jacket

Children dont see the scary because they dont need to be afraid. they are just way to young to realize what the fuck is really going on.

This could explain why people get high...to escape their fear (i wouldnt know anything on that subject)