PDA

View Full Version : intimacy

pushing the envelope
07-30-2004, 12:19 AM
now this may sound stupid cuz the beat and the sound doesn't match, but Parabol/Parabola might be about sexual intimacy. not in the way a rapper would put it but in a weird/ cool way. the intimacy and passion of sexual intercourse is one of the few things that is still real. just post ur thoughts.

Cyanide ChrYst
07-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Jesus christ, you dont get it. It ***CAN*** be about ANYTHING.

I'm going to open a new topic: This song CAN be about children being molested in a field. But not in the way a pedophile does it. More like a soft, consensual way. Post your thoughts.

eonbluecasanova
07-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Jesus christ, you dont get it. It ***CAN*** be about ANYTHING.

how right you are, he/she is just posting his thoughts on what he thinks it is. No one can really know what the song is exactly about.

I'm going to open a new topic: This song CAN be about children being molested in a field. But not in the way a pedophile does it. More like a soft, consensual way. Post your thoughts.
you're a fucking moron. just wanted to let you know.

Cyanide ChrYst
07-31-2004, 10:52 PM
Werd dude, I'm a total idiot for being able to step over piles of bullshit rather than fall into them. Let's humor this kid.

Oh my god dude! It has EVERYTHING to do with sex! "Spinning; waving round each new experience" MUST mean his first time having sex, since he says 'New'. Dude, I am so good at overanalyzing things! OMG lol0lol0lolzzzz join my clan.

eonbluecasanova
07-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Werd dude, I'm a total idiot for being able to step over piles of bullshit rather than fall into them. Let's humor this kid.
Whos to say he's wrong? I may be wrong, but I dont think your maynard, so I doubt you know exactly what Tool songs are about. I dont recall saying I thought this is what the song is about, but it would also seem you have missed the entire point of this portion of the site, allow me to paste something that I read every time I enter here:

In these forums, you will find fans' observations about Tool songs, videos, and more. They may be "wrong" (not what Tool intended), but this section is not about "what it means" -- it is about "what it means to me."
Read that a few times, until you think you understand, then shut the fuck up.

CyberWolf
09-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Well.. that was kinda harsh. But you are right, it can be about anything.. except cookies.. unless you reeeeaaalllly like cookies.. Anyways, I personally believe it to be about Ascending to Nirvana but I'm not going to rant on about that.

If you watch the Parabola Video it kind of narrows down what it could possibly be without being completely over the loop, but the Video doesn't comply with really any theories I've heard of, so it's best to just say it can mean anything.

Sheesh, I talked in circles.

Raev'n
09-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Would this song have a meaning in the first place?