PDA

View Full Version : Not just a concert

LostPoet
01-19-2003, 06:32 PM
One time I saw a TOOL concert and I had this real familiar feeling like being in the middle of a vast expance of wilderness it was like...

the reverend
01-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by LostPoet
One time I saw a TOOL concert and I had this real familiar feeling like being in the middle of a vast expance of wilderness it was like...

Certainly living up to your name arent you??

mourningstar
01-20-2003, 07:49 PM
tool concert is the closest i've come to a spiritual experience. no lie.

Andy
02-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by mourningstar

I'm really missing out, I have yet to go to a single Tool concert, actually this is because I have only been a Tool fan for about 6 months, after the Lateralus tour was over. I can only imagine how incredible they would be, and think that they would be the only band that could compete with Pink Floyd's live shows.

-Andy

Schist_Head
02-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by mourningstar

A Tool show is definetely an experience and the shows last summer and fall (2002) were especially moving. Watching a live show cannot be expressed in words. The first show I saw at the Pepsi center made my jaw drop when the work of Alex Grey was revealed behind the band. I don't think that I was able to snap out of the trance until the lights came on at the end of the show. Tools shows are spiritual, emotional, tribal, and consuming. End of story.

Psilo
02-27-2003, 10:48 PM
I went to 2 concerts during the Lateralus tour.

And theres only one thing im regretful about, and that is:

Not going to every single one of the damn shows of the entire tour. I wish I had the money and the time to drop on going to what, 60+ concerts? I would do it.

If I could forfeit my life and be eternally locked into the stage floor at a Tool concert, I would do it with no thought.

It's the single best thing you can ever do and the next tour they have - im going to be at at least half of them. Screw school - screw work - THIS... IS LIFE.... haha.

Liquid Ashes
02-28-2004, 03:38 PM
The concert I saw last year was mind blowing, ive seen both TOOL and APC live ... and if I had a choice it I would see TOOL over APC anyday.

X M3NTAL X
03-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Yes i agree...I seen Tool in october of 2002 with meshuggah and it was the best concert i have ever been to. I have also seen APC and I would go see them over APC any day.

StinkFister
04-26-2004, 06:46 AM
ive been to five tool shows and one apc show, and id have to say that APC is good, but their live show doesn't touch a Tool show. Their shows are amazing. You really have to experience it to realize how good the show really is. The highlight of all my tool experiences though was meeting Danny outside theverizon wireless center in manchester.

_La_te_ra_lus_
05-04-2004, 08:42 AM
I saw Tool in October '02 and APC at Lollapalooza 03, and APC again last month. The APC set at lollapalooza was pretty small, but even when they were headlining, I would rather see Tool live any day...what a show that was.

something_Dark
08-22-2004, 11:24 PM
I was able to see tool in Ames Iowa Back in '03. And It was the third time ive seen been to their acts. The opening act was some new project by faith no more's old lead singer M Patton.

One thing that realy let me know that this was not your normal consert was at one point of the show the lights went down on stage and Adam and Justin just seemed to evaporate or fade into the darkness

.. I myself have been to MANY concerts and at this point at your usual show the drunks and rednecks start hootin and shouting... but not this time.. Before he vanished, I saw Adam Jones make some adjustments on the control/mixer/effects board he keeps on a stand next to him. The sounds comeing from the the stage changed into this droneing hum and what I could make out as what sounded like radio transmissons.. but very faint. Barely even there at all..

... looking around at the sweat drenched ,heavy breathing souls around me I noticed that we all were looking at eachother.. and I could feel a common vibration that made me feel so connected to them! And from the looks on their faces and from the silence that feel over us and the stage.. Im sure they were feeling it as well.

....Time seemed to kind of stop at that moment. I was taken over with this feeling of wellness and complete balance! The sound amitting from the stage seemed to get louder but more soothing!

.....Now heres the weird part, All of a sudden and all together everyone in the front,"including myslef" moved,"in unison" apart from eachother giveing equal space between one another and then we all moved to Adams side, "stage right".

......Ive never seen or fealt anything like it! I know that what ever it was, It wasnt just the chcolate buterflies I had consumed before the show.

.......There was a shared,"and maybe controlled" state of mind down there in the pit that nite. I know there was.