PDA

View Full Version : the best tool song?

thundergod
07-28-2004, 04:52 PM
my friend robert and i are in total agreement that lateralus is the best tool song ever and get very excited about thinking that the new tool album will have a song that masters lateralus, but my question is "do any other people think the same thing?" and another thing, why are there a lack of girl tool fans?

The Drapery Falls
07-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Judith is the best tool song...

thundergod
07-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Judith is the best tool song...

dude your joking right?

Windir
07-30-2004, 06:15 AM
This question has been asked too many times before, but I'll still give an answer to it.
My best Tool song probably is Reflections, or maybe Disposition.

Disposition for its simplicity - It's quite nice and soothing and the lyrics are really simple, but have a deep meaningful meaning, to me.

Reflections for its music/lyric relation - The power of the song is overwhelming. The lyrcis are quite unique and I love the story that it is telling.

I especially love both songs as one, the Disp-Refl-Triad Trilogy. Simply amazing.

Circe
07-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Yes, Lateralus is my favorite tool song. It is very personal to me. When I first heard it, it felt like they were describing the past 10 years of my life... I can't really articulate this, so I will stop now.
ok, bye

tcM_Emperor
08-01-2004, 03:15 AM
The Patient

Another
08-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Lateralus = one of their best... I have no doubt of that, but for me it isnt THE best.
3rd eye takes the prize for that, with pushit from salival coming in at equal 1st.
I dont seem to want to separate them, but at the moment, and for the past few months 3rd eye reigns supreme.

I don’t like to rank the songs but Lateralus would make top 5 without a doubt.
As for their upcoming cd, I hope it makes Lateralus look like a 9-minute solo from the kid in music class who was never capable of possessing the slightest form of coordination and as a result, was stuck with the playing the triangle. (sorry if that kid... was you)

Birdsfoot
08-01-2004, 05:25 AM
my friend robert and i are in total agreement that lateralus is the best tool song ever and get very excited about thinking that the new tool album will have a song that masters lateralus, but my question is "do any other people think the same thing?" and another thing, why are there a lack of girl tool fans?

you need to be shot for posting a thread like this.
we all know you can't pick a best tool song.

Another
08-01-2004, 06:33 PM

I can, and I did... 3rd eye
Any questions?

LP|Stang
08-01-2004, 07:47 PM
My favorite Tool song changes all the fucking time.

For about a month, it was Lateralus, raw beauty.

Current: Reflection

Cyanide ChrYst
08-01-2004, 10:03 PM
As far as talent...this song must have been a fucking headache to put together. The drums are pretty much as imaginative as you can get with just smashing on shit. Talent factor: 10.

Emotion: This song also makes me want to bust my load onto a friend's face and then blow something up. 10.

Mr Omnipotent
08-02-2004, 08:30 PM
lateralus is probably the most contraversal... as to its meaning that is, either that or eulogy ^_^

randomspiral
08-02-2004, 10:17 PM
It is defionetly one of their best songs..The lyrics are incredible and the riffs and drums the same.......and im pretty sure that lateralus disposition and refelection are one huige song....think about meditation as the theme of the albumn its a keeper

imaduh
08-05-2004, 08:33 AM
I know what boys like.....
I know what guys want.....
I know what boys like.....
I know what guys want......
I know what boys like.
Boys like.
Boys like me.

Nah-nah-nah-nah-naaa....
Nah-nah-nah-nah-naaa.
Nah-nah-nah-nah-naaa....
Nah-nah-nah-nah-naaa.
Nah-nah-nah-nah-naaa....

Hmm-hmm-mmm-MMMM-mmmm.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-06-2004, 12:04 AM
That song made me kind of hot.

thundergod
08-08-2004, 10:15 PM
you need to be shot for posting a thread like this.

your right i should have said "everyones favorite song?"
and i agree with everyone who said reflection and disposition was their fav as well those songs fucking rule. pushit live rules as well as the studio version. my fav changes alot but lateralus takes the bag for technical ability and crazy fuckin lyrics

thundergod
08-08-2004, 10:18 PM
i dunno there are lots of tool songs that are good i just wanted to see other peoples input and that guy never answered my question, did he really think judith was a tool song?

phatslug
11-26-2004, 01:15 AM
By the ammount of... attention and depth put into this song by Tool, I have a feeling THEY meant it to be their best song.

LP|Stang
12-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Wait, it's Judith now.