PDA

View Full Version : Atheist View

Waynard
07-27-2004, 11:22 PM
I recently heard Parabol/Parabola and was taken aback. Wow. Needless to say I pirated the hell out of Tool but have purchased almost all their CDs now.

"So we getting to the view or what?!" alright alright. Since I consider both songs as one i'll explain them both as one. I'm obviously going to have several discrepencies of distinct words. But if we just we just blatantly ignore all of them then that solves everything!! Weeee!!!

I'll be interpreting these songs mainly with the music as the driving force.

Parabol starts off with just a simple strum and over 20 seconds of no words. Really just sets a calm emotional tone. As the words come and go with this tone in mind, it occurs to me that these are one's root beliefs. (fist person mode......Transform!!!) I believe in this reality, yet no other. There is NO eternal life. No Good or Evil (mereley human concepts) ect. ect. Music keeps playing.....nice.

Now, Parabola. Yay!!!

Again more music without words to set the obviously new tone. Faster, more assertive though not nearly aggressive. (fist person mode) As soon as parabola starts, it slams me as if someone has just negatively questioned my beliefs. So I explain them.( :20 - 2:30 ).

So then at 2:30 the instigator is like "yeah well, hmmm, NO" (hence 2:36's drum hit and another at 2:40 after the person tells me i'm completely wrong. Big bombshell there.

So not at 2:48 we get another slight tone change. This made me feel like the person was explaining whatever dogmatic views they have until.....

3:07. The argument begins. From 3:39 the drums and guitar really do a good job of making me feel like we're absorbing each others' rhetoric and considering "mabey...NO. mabey....NO" with each high and low tone (respectively).

Then at 3:56 theres a calm before the storm baby!!

At 4:15 I just rip into the person either verbally or physically - both versions tend to make me all warm and soft inside. Can't you just feel the absolute Painfully aggressive expression the the music exudes?

Then the music calms at 4:30 for a few seconds where at 4:34 theres just this very dark and beautifull feeling like a spiritual acid bath. A theist tried to push his views onto me instead of mearly sharing them and so I had to bestow upon him my rebutles followed by vicious....vicious criticism.
The music fades back to my original tone/temperment except when the acoustic comes in as if just victoriously giggling to itself.

I'm pretty sure most of you will just shake your heads at me but hey.......well i don't know, but, oh well if you do.

Later.