PDA

View Full Version : his son...

Lackymacky
07-26-2004, 08:59 PM
i know someone posted about it, because i remember reading about it but i cant find it! so whoever it is, i didnt come up with this idea...alright well, someone posted an idea that it was a lulaby to his son. at first i was doubting it, and i still sort of do, but it makes a lot of sense:

"So familiar and overwhelmingly warm"

its familiar because he was once a child and its warm because its his son, so many people have said holding your own child is the most amazing thing one can do.

"This one, this form I hold now.
Embracing you, this reality here,"

obviously this one this form is his son, and hes embracing him. he cant beleive its real, hence the reality

"Wide eyed and hopeful.
Wide eyed and hopefully wild"

a babys eyes are mostly full of being innocent..and its someone who can start a new life, maybe have a good one "and hopeful" and maybe he wants him to be wild, just like his ol' man.

"We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside..."

as i said for parabola, its this moment, everything is gone, everything is forgotten, you are forgotten, people around you, objects around you, suddenly are gone. because you are in this moment hold on to is stay inside of it...

"This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion."

this body, the maynard body, is holding me, as in maynard as a baby (might take a while to understand what i mean, the way i wrote it is a little confusing) and its telling him that he isnt alone, someone is with him in this precious moment. and when everything is forgotten everything is forgotten, there is no hurt no pain no tears, just that moment>>>"all this pain is an illusion"

well thats about it, once again i didnt make this up, someone else did, i mustve skipped over a post or two. anyways sometimes i doubt this, other times i think it makes a lot of sense, listen to the music, its soft, the kind you would play for a little kid.

post you biaz

Cyanide ChrYst
07-28-2004, 11:34 PM
No.

Lackymacky
07-29-2004, 01:46 PM
ok

=)

tcM_Emperor
08-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Cyanide doesn't know what he's talking about, go read some other of his replies.

But yes I agree Parabol sounds like it's dedicated to his son.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-01-2004, 09:51 PM
You think it's about anything anybody applies it to. I can apply this song to anal sex and make up some bullshit for every line, and you'd eat it up. I'm sorry I'm not succeptible to random blind opinion.

the_holy_filament
08-02-2004, 01:12 AM
You think it's about anything anybody applies it to. I can apply this song to anal sex and make up some bullshit for every line, and you'd eat it up. I'm sorry I'm not succeptible to random blind opinion.
Then dont read it, moron. You're right, anyone can apply it to anything, that's what makes Tool songs so great.

Do yourself a favor and read this, carefully:

In these forums, you will find fans' observations about Tool songs, videos, and more. They may be "wrong" (not what Tool intended), but this section is not about "what it means" -- it is about "what it means to me."

You are by far the most ignorant dipshit I have seen on these forums. All you do is tell people that THEIR interpretation is wrong. Just shut the fuck up already.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-02-2004, 07:52 AM
I remind kids not to get too sucked into their own interpretations because they get so focused on one that they become right and everybody else becomes wrong. You dont see me dishing out my own interpretations, do you? There's a difference between translating a song, like some kids do here, and making up a totally bullshit story about 'maynards broken foot' on the other. As for you thinking I'm arrogant; I disagree but I must admit I'd rather be an outstanding arrogant than another dumbass in a crowd of diseased fools. Nice try though.

the_holy_filament
08-02-2004, 10:30 AM
I remind kids not to get too sucked into their own interpretations because they get so focused on one that they become right and everybody else becomes wrong.
You can't possibly be that slow, can you kid? Or maybe you've just chosen to ignore my point because you know you're wrong. Allow me to repeat myself, this is THEIR interpretation, it CAN'T be wrong. These songs have different meanings to everyone, moron. You go around here pretending you know exactly what these songs are about, gives me a good chuckle evertime I read your ignorant, half retarded posts.

You dont see me dishing out my own interpretations, do you?
Correct! Why then, do you go around these various sub forums and tell people how they're wrong with your sarcastic bull shit when you don't have a fucking clue what they're about either? Thanks for just making yourself look like an ass, makes this little argument easier on my part.

There's a difference between translating a song, like some kids do here, and making up a totally bullshit story about 'maynards broken foot' on the other.
If that's the meaning they want behind the song, then let them be, asshole.

As for you thinking I'm arrogant; I disagree but I must admit I'd rather be an outstanding arrogant than another dumbass in a crowd of diseased fools.
This post was not only arrogant, but very ironic. I dont think I need to point out why.

Nice try though.
Thanks. douche.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-02-2004, 03:59 PM
A) You are the biggest idiot on this entire board. Worse than the kid who says the best tool song is 'judith'. You claim I go around pretending to know what all the songs are. I cannot make this any clearer; I HAVE NO MORE OF A CLUE THAN YOU OR ANYONE HERE. I dont understand why you cant figure that out; you must be retarded.

B)Hypocrite: This conflicts with your first paragraph of nonsense. The only asses on this board are the ones making up fantastic stories about each song. So what if you laugh at me? "Oh, cyanide doesn't live in his own horse shit world where songs mean everything and we eat glittery rainbows for breakfast! Douche!!" I'd bet money maynard laughs at YOU.

C) Arrogant = Having/displaying overbearing sense of self worth. Arrogant is not a synonym for stupid, so once again, you are wrong. You seem smart...but then you go and say shit like this.

D) I dont let it be because that is completely out of control. One kid goes 'hey, this song is about the chicken pox.' Suddenly twelve other people agree with him and then trash their interpretations of each song. THEN one of the twelve goes off, starts a NEW topic on the SAME FUCKING SONG, WITH A DIFFERENT FUCKING IDEA. You're all IDIOTS, it's like I'm on CRAZY PILLS. Fucking christ.

E) No prob, blowjob.

the_holy_filament
08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
A) You are the biggest idiot on this entire board. Worse than the kid who says the best tool song is 'judith'. You claim I go around pretending to know what all the songs are. I cannot make this any clearer; I HAVE NO MORE OF A CLUE THAN YOU OR ANYONE HERE. I dont understand why you cant figure that out; you must be retarded.
Jesus Christ kid, did you read my last post, or are you just illiterate?

1. Saying I'm an idiot dosent mean its true. Say it all you want it's no skin off my back.

2. You must not have understood what my point was when I said it dosent matter how much you know, its THEIR interpretation of the song, so it could'nt possible be wrong. Read this you fucking moron, and actually think about it for a second.

B)Hypocrite: This conflicts with your first paragraph of nonsense.
What the shit are you talking about?

The only asses on this board are the ones making up fantastic stories about each song.
THEIR INTERPRETATION, RETARD. READ MY FUCKING POSTS AND MAYBE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.

So what if you laugh at me? "Oh, cyanide doesn't live in his own horse shit world where songs mean everything and we eat glittery rainbows for breakfast! Douche!!" I'd bet money maynard laughs at YOU.

Who the fuck is laughing at you? That would make me a hypocrite, idiot.

When you first come into this site, read what it says, assuming you can.

C) Arrogant = Having/displaying overbearing sense of self worth. Arrogant is not a synonym for stupid, so once again, you are wrong. You seem smart...but then you go and say shit like this.
ummmm...when did I say it was?

D) I dont let it be because that is completely out of control. One kid goes 'hey, this song is about the chicken pox.' Suddenly twelve other people agree with him and then trash their interpretations of each song. THEN one of the twelve goes off, starts a NEW topic on the SAME FUCKING SONG, WITH A DIFFERENT FUCKING IDEA. You're all IDIOTS, it's like I'm on CRAZY PILLS. Fucking christ.
You are by far the most ignorant person I have ever seen on these boards. If we are the idiots, as you say, then get the fuck out.

E) No prob, blowjob.
what the fuck? How old are you?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-02-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm too tired to argue this any further; you and I disagree. But what separates us is that you speak on behalf of a bunch of people you have never met, where I dont speak against or for anything but the sanctity of the music itself.

Dont like it? I know of a big fat dick with your name on it, right here in my pants.

And yes, I am so young for calling you blowjob. It'd be much better if I mustered up some big boy diss like 'illiterate', because since you and I are holding a conversation, I OBVIOUSLY cant read.

You're a fool. :thumbs up:

Dudes! My girlfriend just broke up with me. I am hot shit tonight... *sigh* She wants to take another few weeks to make sure we like each other. I seem to have a narcotic charm; so usually we (a girl and I) end up doing something sexual and then she regrets it the next day.

It's like...slipping 'ludes into a girl's drink without slipping 'ludes into a girls drink. It is my curse. :raises arms in victory with blank stare*

Cutie bear, if you so much as get on my ass about how this girl is 'an online girlfriend' or something, I swear I'll never hold the capability of respecting you ever, for the rest of my life.

Mr Omnipotent
08-02-2004, 08:27 PM
No.

the_holy_filament
08-03-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm too tired to argue this any further;
Nice job on the cop out.

you and I disagree.
I normaly dont agree with people when they're so obviously wrong.

But what separates us is that you speak on behalf of a bunch of people you have never met, where I dont speak against or for anything but the sanctity of the music itself.
Yes you do, and what you do is wrong, which is telling people that their interpretations are wrong. I dont care if I speak for anyone, this is comming from me to you. Moron.

Dont like it? I know of a big fat dick with your name on it, right here in my pants.
What the fuck is this? I ask you again, how old are you?

And yes, I am so young for calling you blowjob.
Yes....it sounds like something my 6th grade cousin would've thought of.

It'd be much better if I mustered up some big boy diss like 'illiterate', because since you and I are holding a conversation, I OBVIOUSLY cant read.
This just proves what an idiot you really are. I never said you were illiterat, merely suggested you might be because of the way YOU DIDNT FOLLOW THE ARGUEMNT. You are a moron.

You're a fool. :thumbs up:
okaaay.....

Dudes! My girlfriend just broke up with me. I am hot shit tonight... *sigh* She wants to take another few weeks to make sure we like each other. I seem to have a narcotic charm; so usually we (a girl and I) end up doing something sexual and then she regrets it the next day.

It's like...slipping 'ludes into a girl's drink without slipping 'ludes into a girls drink. It is my curse. :raises arms in victory with blank stare*

Cutie bear, if you so much as get on my ass about how this girl is 'an online girlfriend' or something, I swear I'll never hold the capability of respecting you ever, for the rest of my life.
Ummm...what the fuck does this have to do with anything, again? There are various sub forums in TDN, in case you didnt know.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-03-2004, 05:35 PM
I was pretty upset that we broke up. Shit's cool now though...she wants to take a few weeks and just like, rekindle her feelings for me. She can be seen at my website, http://www.thecyanidechryst.funtigo.com/

I wont cop out if you dont want me to. Let's argue more then.
First let me respond.

A. You continuously say "opinions cant be wrong", and you're right. But then you say "you are wrong" when I state my opinion. You are not only a douchebag, but a complete loser for trying to argue with me online. You suck at this anyway; I'm sorry. There's nothing left to argue over but the arguement itself: We disagree. Woah, shit your fucking pants, mate.

B. (actually C, if you look at it) I am eighteen. You want to know my waist size too?

C. Your sixth grade cousin can come up with better, I'm sure, because that's what young kids do. You seem to pick it up from him...I feel my disrespect for you is efficiently displayed when I dub you 'idiot', which is exactly what you are. Just a punkass fool who thinks he is right and everybody else is wrong. Let's shit up the forums more to prove how big your testosterone levels can rise. :chicks must love you:

TDN, eh? Hold on, I'm going to go across the street and ask the sixth grader there how to thwart this obviously well-contemplated insult.

the_holy_filament
08-03-2004, 05:47 PM
I was pretty upset that we broke up. Shit's cool now though...she wants to take a few weeks and just like, rekindle her feelings for me. She can be seen at my website, http://www.thecyanidechryst.funtigo.com/
There is a discussion section, this could go there....

A. You continuously say "opinions cant be wrong", and you're right. But then you say "you are wrong" when I state my opinion.
No, you're not stating your opinion, you're telling people that theirs is wrong. This is a statement, not an opinion, get it right.

You are not only a douchebag, but a complete loser for trying to argue with me online. You suck at this anyway; I'm sorry. There's nothing left to argue over but the arguement itself: We disagree. Woah, shit your fucking pants, mate.
cool, I'm a douchebag. That's your opinion, so I can't say anything here.

B. (actually C, if you look at it) I am eighteen. You want to know my waist size too?
Sure, why not? Location would be nice, also...

C. Your sixth grade cousin can come up with better, I'm sure, because that's what young kids do. You seem to pick it up from him...
uhhh....arent you the one that called me "blowjob"..who picked what up here?

I feel my disrespect for you is efficiently displayed when I dub you 'idiot', which is exactly what you are. Just a punkass fool who thinks he is right and everybody else is wrong. Let's shit up the forums more to prove how big your testosterone levels can rise. :chicks must love you:
Funny how you think I'm the one that thinks I'm right over everyone....go back and read some of your posts man.

TDN, eh? Hold on, I'm going to go across the street and ask the sixth grader there how to thwart this obviously well-contemplated insult.
cool.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-03-2004, 07:43 PM
You're right, I DO think I'm right, over everyone. But that's just me.

Laguna Beach, Orange County, California. It's pretty obvious as it's on my site. Everywhere.

It is my OPINION that everyone else is wrong; since it cannot be a fact that an opinion is incorrect. Put two and two together.

Anyway, you're done. Let it go because you're not changing my mind about anything; just wasting your time.

Mr Omnipotent
08-05-2004, 09:24 PM
2. You must not have understood what my point was when I said it dosent matter how much you know, its THEIR interpretation of the song, so it could'nt possible be wrong. Read this you fucking moron, and actually think about it for a second.

yeah... well ive seen some pretty fucking retarded interpretations... if someone can post a stupid interpretation, couldnt someone else feasibly shit on them for posting it? i think its fair.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Agreed. Filament reminds me of a feminist nazi liberal on her period, screeching a monotoned shriek about the defense of freedom of speech and right of opinion.

I think if your opinion is stupid, you should be shot. It'd help with overpopulation and keep people like me off of hard drugs.

forth eye
08-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Then dont read it, moron. You're right, anyone can apply it to anything, that's what makes Tool songs so great.

Do yourself a favor and read this, carefully:

In these forums, you will find fans' observations about Tool songs, videos, and more. They may be "wrong" (not what Tool intended), but this section is not about "what it means" -- it is about "what it means to me."

You are by far the most ignorant dipshit I have seen on these forums. All you do is tell people that THEIR interpretation is wrong. Just shut the fuck up already.

+1
well said holy filament

Cyanide ChrYst
08-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah, he's so smart repeating himself over and over. I wish I could be his girlfriend.... :(

ExTReMe FrEAk
08-10-2004, 03:18 AM
I think if your opinion is stupid, you should be shot. It'd help with overpopulation and keep people like me off of hard drugs.
It sounds like you want to commit suicide.

Mr Omnipotent
08-10-2004, 01:47 PM
It sounds like you want to commit suicide.

good one?

dead male hooker
08-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah and that was even better. And was that a question or a statement? C'mon pal, you can do better than that. Eat me, eat me up with some response that you consider clever.

Disgustipating
08-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Agreed. Filament reminds me of a feminist nazi liberal on her period.. i agree with filament for the most part but i just had to say LOL on that comment..

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I've been gone for like a month and people are still gushing over me. *smiles for the cameras*

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
go suck a fuck, anus shark.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:30 AM
And how does one go about sucking a fuck, exactly?

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 12:34 AM
First you need a sandwich, a half eaten dog biscuit, and a strand of hair from an asian flutest. And you must first answer me these questions three...

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:37 AM
*awaits impatiently*

Sandwiches excite me.

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 12:39 AM
question one:

What is Maynard's weight in ferrets?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Everybody knows that. One hundred forty seven.

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 12:43 AM
question two:

what is my favourite colour?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Or are you talking mongeese? (mongooses?) Which tend to weigh slightly less than any member of the weasle family.

dad gubbit that'd be an entirely new equation.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:44 AM
question two:

what is my favourite colour?

Once again, a faily simple question.

Your favorite color is Children.

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 12:46 AM
damn you.

question three:

If I was walking home one day, and saw a car drive past me, of what race is the driver and how fast/slow is he/she going?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Eh, this one took some pondering.

But I'm going to figure that it was an Asian, because asians only drive during the winter and when they need to pick up fresh Llama milk from the local store. Asians have a hard time seeing since their eyes are of a flying saucer shape, much like a horizontal ass-crack.
Let us postulate he was travelling at the rate of 15mph in a designated 45 mph zone.

The reason WHY you saw him is because you initially heard the angry honking of the superior German people behind him.

Now...present me with this alleged 'fuck' in which i was predetermined to suck.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Oh, and it was a man. Women are still not allowed to drive where you live. (IE, Utopia)

God this thread's making me hot.

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Eh, this one took some pondering.
I imagine it would, these questions are intended to do just that.

But I'm going to figure that it was an Asian, because asians only drive during the winter and when they need to pick up fresh Llama milk from the local store. Asians have a hard time seeing since their eyes are of a flying saucer shape, much like a horizontal ass-crack.
Let us postulate he was travelling at the rate of 15mph in a designated 45 mph zone.
Shockingly enough, this is actually correct . ..

The reason WHY you saw him is because you initially heard the angry honking of the superior German people behind him.
I'm sorry, the man was Deutch, point lost. You will never know the mystery of sucking fucks now, sorry.

Oh, and it was a man. Women are still not allowed to drive where you live. (IE, Utopia)
lol

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 01:05 AM
You are confused, my friend.

Deutsch is german for a german person. (Deutsch ist Deutsch fuer ein Deutscher. Ich lerne es in meine Schule fuer drei jahre.)

Perhaps you meant 'dutch', but you horribly misspelled it. ;)

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Basically

Deutsch = German for "German"
Dutch = English for "Dutch"
Hollaenderisch/Niederlander = German for Dutch

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 01:06 AM
haha, no. That was part of my subtle, yet not funny humor. *sigh*

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 01:08 AM
I like humorous guys. *strokes a few strands of hair out of your face*

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 01:09 AM
*blushes*

Lackymacky
08-23-2004, 08:24 AM
awwww

looks like you two have kissed and made up <5

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 10:11 AM
I dont remember us being on bad terms. I cracked a rib at the beach and was layed up in bed for a good three weeks on numerous painkillers...I dont even remember why I hate Hooker.

Lackymacky
08-23-2004, 11:27 AM
seems you guys had more of a debate with not very nice debating....maybe you were never on BAD TERMS persay....

who cares...

youre fuckbuddies now <5 hehe

=)

and uh if you dont remember...scroll up or go to the previous page ;)

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 03:49 PM
awwww

looks like you two have kissed and made up <5
What in the shit does "<5" supposed to mean?

I dont remember us being on bad terms. I cracked a rib at the beach and was layed up in bed for a good three weeks on numerous painkillers...I dont even remember why I hate Hooker.
lol

seems you guys had more of a debate with not very nice debating....maybe you were never on BAD TERMS persay....
nah, just debating.

who cares...

youre fuckbuddies now <5 hehe

=)
indeed

and uh if you dont remember...scroll up or go to the previous page ;)
Too lazy to do that.

Lackymacky
08-23-2004, 06:29 PM
im rebellious...i am a teenager with different problems and an Xtreme ATTITUDE so i do everything different:

<3 means heart and im too cool for that..so i go two up

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
<( ) I made ice cream. Or a bird's beak.

Th1_rhs13
08-24-2004, 02:51 AM
<( ) I made ice cream. Or a bird's beak.

Here's a question for you after reading what seemed to be an eternity of inane comments and wit (or lack their of) I have only one question for you i didn't take or make the effort to click you link nor would if asked to do so.. But do you have some cover band of Tool? If so, why? Do you honestly think you can some how compare yourself to them and if so, why do you chosse to mimic was it enigmatic to begin with? I have an ever growing state of disposition for those side/tribute bands that well escape my mind at the time, but with that said i would just like to hear your flawed arguements for why/what you say.. It seems that your lacking argumantive skills trancend into you social life... Oddly enough i'm eager to hear what you have to say.. NOt for egotisitcal reasons, although i do have a tendency to perptually practice superiority, but that is non existatnt here. Perhaps an aim handle would be in order? By reading some of your comments i would enjoy COHERENTLY litigating (sp?) what seems to be your sound perspective on what tools songs mean, Interprit this as you will...

Cyanide ChrYst
08-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Here's a question for you after reading what seemed to be an eternity of inane comments and wit (or lack their of) I have only one question for you i didn't take or make the effort to click you link nor would if asked to do so.. But do you have some cover band of Tool? If so, why? Do you honestly think you can some how compare yourself to them and if so, why do you chosse to mimic was it enigmatic to begin with? I have an ever growing state of disposition for those side/tribute bands that well escape my mind at the time, but with that said i would just like to hear your flawed arguements for why/what you say.. It seems that your lacking argumantive skills trancend into you social life... Oddly enough i'm eager to hear what you have to say.. NOt for egotisitcal reasons, although i do have a tendency to perptually practice superiority, but that is non existatnt here. Perhaps an aim handle would be in order? By reading some of your comments i would enjoy COHERENTLY litigating (sp?) what seems to be your sound perspective on what tools songs mean, Interprit this as you will...

1. More than one question. Far more.

2. If you'd 'fingered deeper than the borderline' and clicked the link; you'd learn that we are not a tool cover band. We just know a few tool songs we play. Is there a problem? Email me a complaint to my "I dont give a shit about your opinion" file and I'll get back to you as soon as God is proven existent.

3. It's 'existent', not 'existant'. Your superiority is as grand as your grammar and spelling abilities.

4. AIM = MyCyanideChrYst, don't expect me to walk you through my opinions...which, obviously...transcend anything you can wrap your mind around.

TheHolyGift
08-26-2004, 11:37 PM
1. More than one question. Far more.

2. If you'd 'fingered deeper than the borderline' and clicked the link; you'd learn that we are not a tool cover band. We just know a few tool songs we play. Is there a problem? Email me a complaint to my "I dont give a shit about your opinion" file and I'll get back to you as soon as God is proven existent.

3. It's 'existent', not 'existant'. Your superiority is as grand as your grammar and spelling abilities.

4. AIM = MyCyanideChrYst, don't expect me to walk you through my opinions...which, obviously...transcend anything you can wrap your mind around.

Uh-oh... I smell a sequel to "Cyanide Chryst vs. Holy_Filament"!

And you should know... That stuff about Asians driving 15 mph to get llama milk and having eyes like horizontal asscracks very nearly made me shit my pants.

the_holy_filament
08-27-2004, 12:44 AM
= <3 means heart and im too cool for that..so i go two up
I knew that, but you had "<5"...the five threw me off a little.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-27-2004, 02:29 PM
No, that kid wont ever post here again.

the_holy_filament
08-27-2004, 02:43 PM
hrm? what kid?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-27-2004, 03:26 PM
This idiot. AIM = Relentless S13

Be careful; he may puncture your delicate frames of mind with his use of '...' at the end of every sentence.

Lackymacky
08-27-2004, 03:56 PM
oh thats swell comedy right there ^_^

tcM_Emperor
08-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Why do you call everyone a kid cyanide? You look like you're in your lower 20's, that's not old.

When it comes to interpretations, there's only so many things that certain sentences can mean. I think the entire Parabol song could most likely represent two things:

1. He's talking about him and his son
2. He's talking about his body/mind/spirit

You have to think what the most logical interpretations are, and many of which have been logical but Cyanide you go to say everyone is wrong no matter how logical it is. Obviously you could probly make the song talk about "Anal sex" (as you so maturely noted) but I have a feeling that has a far less chance of being a plausible meaning to the song. I don't see why you feel the need to put people down for coming up with interpretations and ideas of what the song could mean to Maynard. It's always a curiosity for us in every song. Why dont you share your opinion in a mature way rather then saying "No you're wrong idiot" every time? Maybe if you shared some of your own interprations or feelings on the songs.

It seems to me that you're the most childish person on these boards, even though you seem to call everyone else "kids". But by your picture I can tell, since you can't talk shit in real life(you'd get your ass beat in a second) you have to jump onto some internet forums to vent your anger!

But good job at making yourself look like a total idiot, instead of looking cool which you obviously try to do with your middle school humor/comments.

But cyanide, how bout you give us your interpretation of Parabol, I think we'd all like to hear it. Since you know so many people are wrong, you must have a more enlightened view on what could be correct, so please share with us. If you refuse then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I will gladly give you my interpretation. But first let me tell you why you are wrong.

I'm much younger than my early 20's, but thank you; I do look very nice. I rarely even get carded.
You kids absolutely REFUSE to understand it, no matter how many times I type it in fucking caps lock. YOU ARE ----OVERANALYZING EVERYTHING----.

EVERYTHING.

Do you fucking understand?
It's not about his fucking son, you moron. Where does it say 'son' in there? Oh shit, it doesnt. What you and everyone on this board does, is take a shit, then pull it out of the toilet and mold it into a model and call it 'my opinion'.

Guess what? Here's what Maynard says:
"Bring the pieces back together. Rediscover communication."

Here's what you idiots think:
'OMFG HE SAID COMMUNICATION THAT MEANS HIS GIRLFRIEND HUNG UP ON HIM AND NOW THEY ARENT TALKING AND THEY GOT IN A FIGHT BECAUSE MAYNARD WANTED THE ORANGE VETTE AND SHE WANTED THE BLUE VIPER AND NOW THEY R MAD AND NOW THATS WHY HE WROTE THIS SONG DO U LIKE MY INTERPRETATION?????!!!?1211 LOLZZZ0LOLZ'

God you're an idiot.

Everybody is entitled to their own IDEA of what each song is, but when you create an entire bullshit story about it, theres NO WAY to tell if you're anywhere NEAR correct.

So you wanted my interpretation of the song. Fine. Here it is.

Parabola is...

Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing. This pain is an illusion. Stop getting caught up in yourself.

That's what the fucking song means. It's not about his fucking relatives or dead dog or grandmother's best friend's uncle who had cancer. You stupid fools. Jesus christ I'm forming a bald spot on the back of my head because I stress out so much every time one of you opens your mouth.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah. About me getting my ass kicked all the time.
Every single person on ANY BOARD ***EVER*** has accused somebody of that. Jesus christ, get the fuck over it. It's not ONLY nerds who play delta force who post in forums, jerkoff.

tcM_Emperor
08-29-2004, 12:43 AM
I will gladly give you my interpretation. But first let me tell you why you are wrong.

I'm much younger than my early 20's, but thank you; I do look very nice. I rarely even get carded.
You kids absolutely REFUSE to understand it, no matter how many times I type it in fucking caps lock. YOU ARE ----OVERANALYZING EVERYTHING----.

EVERYTHING.

Do you fucking understand?
It's not about his fucking son, you moron. Where does it say 'son' in there? Oh shit, it doesnt. What you and everyone on this board does, is take a shit, then pull it out of the toilet and mold it into a model and call it 'my opinion'.

Guess what? Here's what Maynard says:
"Bring the pieces back together. Rediscover communication."

Here's what you idiots think:
'OMFG HE SAID COMMUNICATION THAT MEANS HIS GIRLFRIEND HUNG UP ON HIM AND NOW THEY ARENT TALKING AND THEY GOT IN A FIGHT BECAUSE MAYNARD WANTED THE ORANGE VETTE AND SHE WANTED THE BLUE VIPER AND NOW THEY R MAD AND NOW THATS WHY HE WROTE THIS SONG DO U LIKE MY INTERPRETATION?????!!!?1211 LOLZZZ0LOLZ'

God you're an idiot.

Everybody is entitled to their own IDEA of what each song is, but when you create an entire bullshit story about it, theres NO WAY to tell if you're anywhere NEAR correct.

So you wanted my interpretation of the song. Fine. Here it is.

Parabola is...

Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing. This pain is an illusion. Stop getting caught up in yourself.

That's what the fucking song means. It's not about his fucking relatives or dead dog or grandmother's best friend's uncle who had cancer. You stupid fools. Jesus christ I'm forming a bald spot on the back of my head because I stress out so much every time one of you opens your mouth.

So you know for a FACT that Tool songs don't have deeper meanings? You know for a FACT that we're wrong and that's all Parabol/Parabola are about? You don't know either, so why dont you shut the fuck up idiot? You don't know just like we don't, so stop trying to tell everyone they're wrong.

Lackymacky
08-29-2004, 09:44 AM
shut up

cyanide thinks the songs are very blunt and dont have TOO deep meanings>not wrong not right, nothing wrong with it

emperor and a lot of people think beyond the words and look deep into the meanings>not wrong not right, nothing wrong with it

just say what you think of the song
say you disagree/agree
stop saying things about each other
youre never going to meet
you never have met
so shhhh

>:| GET ALONG

Cyanide ChrYst
08-29-2004, 09:55 AM
So you know for a FACT that Tool songs don't have deeper meanings? You know for a FACT that we're wrong and that's all Parabol/Parabola are about? You don't know either, so why dont you shut the fuck up idiot? You don't know just like we don't, so stop trying to tell everyone they're wrong.

It is ABSOLUTE FACT that these songs do not have as deep meaning as the bullshit you guys make up. When you sit down and write a song, you dont think "My son is dying...how can I put that into a phrase....You're slipping away like a thought in the wind...okay okay, now lets see....my cat threw up in my bed....ummm...You interject your swirling view to anything that moves....SWEET, this is getting along great!"

It's a FUCKING SONG. Just because tool has far more talent than most bands, does NOT mean there's some special Merkaba puzzle in each of their fucking songs. What you are all doing is wishing these songs had super deep meaning because maynard is your hero and you want to believe he's as ueberhuman as Santa.

It's a SONG. He had to jam words into small frames in time in order to make it fit with the song. The entire lateralus album clearly states "Transcend beyond the daily sight". Know how I know this? I'M RE-WORDING WHAT MAYNARD SAID. I'M NOT COMING UP WITH SOME CROCK OF TOTAL HORSE SHIT LIKE YOU ARE.

"Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing."
=
Be happy you're alive. Stop bitching.
That's not my opinion. that is the sentence, REWORDED. I am NOT WRONG.

"So crucify the ego before it's far too late. Leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical."

Ding ding ding! Reworded = "Quit being a jackass/get over your fears and leave all this bullshit behind."

About his fucking son. Are you KIDDING me? I wish TOOL themselves would find the time to come in here and bitchslap you.

tcM_Emperor
08-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Are you an idiot? I write poetry/songs and you can easily have multiple meanings/deeper meanings in a song. Do you know for a FACT that Maynard doesn't put multiple meanings/deeper meanings in his songs? Have you asked him personally? Do you know for a FACT there isn't something deeper behind the songs? No, you don't.

Trying to prove me wrong by saying it's a song is pretty stupid... you can have deep meanings behind lyrics/poetry, I know from experience. You're trying to speak for everyone who writes songs now, getting a tad ignorant arent we?

Lets face it, Maynard could have deeper meanings/multiple meanings to all of his songs, or he may not, you don't know and neither do I. If you argue that then you're an idiot.

Also, why couldnt he have Parabol/Parabola about celebrating life and also about his son? If you read the lyrics they could easily be about both, maybe he wrote it that way for a reason? But I suppose you talked to him personally and found out that's not true? But if you didn't don't exclude it as a possibility.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-29-2004, 06:58 PM
I never said they DONT have deeper meanings, I said there is NO POSSIBLE WAY ON THIS EARTH to figure them out and dwell into them as much as you and the others do. Not unless you ask maynard himself.

So making up your stupid theories on every song is fucking bullshit and you're not impressing anybody but the morons that believe they can do it themselves.

Th1_rhs13
08-29-2004, 10:01 PM
I never said they DONT have deeper meanings, I said there is NO POSSIBLE WAY ON THIS EARTH to figure them out and dwell into them as much as you and the others do. Not unless you ask maynard himself.

So making up your stupid theories on every song is fucking bullshit and you're not impressing anybody but the morons that believe they can do it themselves.

I find humor in this, but have since lost intrest with the one who calls him self chryst *edit... Another request i ask is if you do care to talk to me on aim, justa sk me for my handle don not post it on a public forum...

Childish behavior? Who was the one who was hurt/threaten when i asked them to use a more refined vocabulary? Intimidated? Possibly, in either case i will continue to post here, but it's inept people who don't allow me to confront others who listen to tool..

So to sum up, he insulted me and i countered in a more educated ,manner, i think he called it a "dictionary" vocab.. But this is irerlevent, much like his arguements, Oh yeah i shall qoute myself "flawed arguements". BUt this association to "scene kids, in my school" is the most inept comment i have ever heard in my life REALLY!

Anyway, no hardfeelings chryst *edit (damn your name!). I just prevailed once again..

the_holy_filament
08-29-2004, 11:59 PM
tool is just a band, anyone can cover them, moron.

I <3 this thread.

Lackymacky
08-30-2004, 09:35 AM
i was looking for it but i cant find it, but ill trust that YOULl trust that i really did read it sOmewhere..

maynard said that the great thing abotu their songs is that they have a lot of deep meanings, people take them in different ways

and if you go to the aduio sectino and go to and downoad adam on jj, then youl hear that he says thast even though sober is about why cant we do drugs if its positive, and when someone comes up to him and tells him a different meaning, he doenst mind as loing its a positive one.

cyanide i agree with you that a lot of these are most likely nto true and overthought, mine including, but it doesnt hurt to suggest, to think what COULD apply and of course anything could apply, but thats what makes the songs great. if its really aggrivating you then just dont read the ones that try to apply things to the songs, go to the video section or the interaction section.

see?? we can all get along =)

and excuse my typing thei keyboard sucvks

Lackymacky
08-30-2004, 09:39 AM
and im toop lazy to correct it

tcM_Emperor
08-30-2004, 09:44 AM
First you say we over-analyze, then you say they do have deeper meanings, then you say there's no possible way to figure them out? Do you think Maynard is an alien or something? We can try to figure out the most logical interpretations of each song and based on logic settle in the fact that it's the most likely. Your way of thinking is that "Making theories is a waste of time". But maybe to everyone on this board it makes Tool songs more interesting to try to figure out what it means to Maynard and what the deeper meanings are, ever thought of that?

But of course you'll reply with a post full of profanity and idiotic humor and at the same time try to prove a point. You realize you just look like an idiot right? But I guess you are like what 17?

Lackymacky
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
me or cyanide?

Th1_rhs13
08-30-2004, 12:54 PM
oops.. (mod delete if desired)

tcM_Emperor
08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Cyanide, not you lacky.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-30-2004, 02:21 PM
First you say we over-analyze, then you say they do have deeper meanings, then you say there's no possible way to figure them out? Do you think Maynard is an alien or something? We can try to figure out the most logical interpretations of each song and based on logic settle in the fact that it's the most likely. Your way of thinking is that "Making theories is a waste of time". But maybe to everyone on this board it makes Tool songs more interesting to try to figure out what it means to Maynard and what the deeper meanings are, ever thought of that?

But of course you'll reply with a post full of profanity and idiotic humor and at the same time try to prove a point. You realize you just look like an idiot right? But I guess you are like what 17?

You cannot take somebody else's work, somebody you have NEVER met, and then tell us what you think they mean. Because that is complete fucking bullshit. You're all idiots. All three of you are totally up to your ears in Moron. I bet you wouldnt walk up to maynard and be like "Hey, parabol's about your son, isnt it?!"
He would look at you like you were the most insane man alive.

You are stupid, and you are wrong. That makes you the worst person alive. My wisdom teeth hurt.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-30-2004, 02:22 PM
I find humor in this, but have since lost intrest with the one who calls him self chryst *edit... Another request i ask is if you do care to talk to me on aim, justa sk me for my handle don not post it on a public forum...

Childish behavior? Who was the one who was hurt/threaten when i asked them to use a more refined vocabulary? Intimidated? Possibly, in either case i will continue to post here, but it's inept people who don't allow me to confront others who listen to tool..

So to sum up, he insulted me and i countered in a more educated ,manner, i think he called it a "dictionary" vocab.. But this is irerlevent, much like his arguements, Oh yeah i shall qoute myself "flawed arguements". BUt this association to "scene kids, in my school" is the most inept comment i have ever heard in my life REALLY!

Anyway, no hardfeelings chryst *edit (damn your name!). I just prevailed once again..

Who the hell are you? Are you that douchebag I had to block because you were naming off random words and then calling himself intellectual?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-30-2004, 02:24 PM
cyanide you are the dumbest person i've ever so much as heard of. if what you say is true, then is the song jimmy about the number 11? he never says he was eleven, so it must just be about the number, huh? fuckin idiot.

I just told you the tool songs have deeper meanings. You're the kind of fool who skims articles and posts and only picks up 25% of what is going on.

Just because the tool songs have deeper meanings does not mean you have the right to distort them into horribly mutated versions of opinion.

tcM_Emperor
08-30-2004, 05:00 PM
We don't have the right to make our own opinions? That makes no sense. Also saying Parabol could also be about his son is not horribly mutated either, I think it's a good possibility. Now if this guy's interpretation was about anal sex or onion dip I would agree with you, but as we all know(from H.) Maynard loves his son a lot and I would not be surprised at all if he wrote Parabol/a incorportating his son with the wording.

Th1_rhs13
08-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Who the hell are you? Are you that douchebag I had to block because you were naming off random words and then calling himself intellectual?

Your assumptions of making me to be an "intellectual" are flattering... It has come to the point where your stupidity has drawn be back in.

Seriosuly re-read your replys in this very thread, your lack to practice thought are just to much for one to bare. It's quite the baffelibng topic.

Question; how does one go about "naming off random words?"
To categorize a word to a name, is perplexing.

No, you were insulted at the fact that one "startled your egotistical state." In fact I believe it was I who had commented on the fact that i had been wasting my time and had given you partial attention. But i'm sure this is all for the best "maybe your better off this way." Just discovered that tapeworm cover and wanted to me "l337" like chryst and qoute maynard into one of my posts.

Disgusted into what i have allowed you to draw out of me, this will be the last time i post in this thread.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-30-2004, 06:02 PM
I get a lot of good and a lot of bad out of people. Consider yourself and your ego 0wnt.

Aaaanyway. What's the topic of this thread again?

Lackymacky
08-30-2004, 07:11 PM
you guys are all stupid

if you dont like an opinion say you disagree and stop commenting

cyanide said no

i said ok

NO BIG DEAL

stop trying to "own" each other by using bigger words than the previous one and use this forum what its for. saying your opinion, and yes if your opinion needs big words, then youre more than welcome to do so, all im saying is state an opinion, if you disagree with it, say you disagree, use some facts why (not facts like "my fact is youre an idiot who knows nothing") such as words in the song, what the band has said, etc. and if you agree say thats a good opinion.

everyone here is acting very foolish in thinking that they have the right opinion. yes cyanide, and ive said this many times and ill say it NOW AGAIN, we do draw the songs beyond the words, a lot of us take more than the meaning, we draw in from our own experiences, maybe from what we do knnow of the band. why is that so bad? i can understand you completely disagreeing with it, thats fine, just dont be such a dick about it. post your own thread saying "to me the song means basically what the words are saying" make your own thread, and the people who agree with you probably will post with you and then you can talk amongst yourself. NO BIG DEAL.

now dont get me wrong this is an opinion forum where you are entitled about your opinion, but not opinions towards other users, thats where you go to the INTERACT section, see? not that hard, you guys want to bicker and fight, fine, but dont do it where people just want to talk about tool songs and what they mean to them. write an email to the person youre mad at, or instant message them. you dont need to say it where people are thinking about lyrics, the music.

so just shut up already OR be a little more open minded and dont just be cocky and agree with yourself all the time

p.s this isnt directed to a specific anyone its directed to the people who will most likely be offended and feel the need to write a response to this

tcM_Emperor
08-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Trying to own eachother? Cyanide thinks that you shouldn't be able to form your own opinions about Tool songs, and that's completely retarded and I disagree with it. It's called a debate, I dunno about him but I wasn't trying to "Own" him simply prove my point.

Lackymacky
08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
p.s this isnt directed to a specific anyone

Cyanide ChrYst
08-31-2004, 09:04 PM
I dont care if people opinionate inside here. I give a shit when they get so caught up in their own overanalytical bullshit and drag other idiots into it.

tcM_Emperor
09-04-2004, 12:45 AM
... People can agree with people if they want to, that simply means they have the same opinion. Noone is trying to drag anyone in rather share their own interpretations of the songs and people agree with some people. Also I know it wasn't directed at any certain someone, and I made it cleary that we aren't trying to "own" eachother with bigger words, even if it wasn't directed towards us.

Lackymacky
09-04-2004, 07:38 AM
oh yeah i know

all im saying is if someone doesnt agree they just have to say no

which cynaide did, which is all i think people should do OR

tell why they disagree

not call someone an idiot for viewing a song in a different, maybe stretched and overthought yes, but still a different way

<5

tcM_Emperor
09-04-2004, 09:12 PM
It would be fine if he just disagreed and maybe even elaborated on why he did, but instead as he always does he went on to call us idiots and kids and dumbfucks and so forth. That's how the all argument was spawned, if he simply said "No I disagree I think it's simply about celebrating life because it's a holy experience" then I would be ok but instead he said stuff like "Wow you guys always try to overanalyze shit you stupid fucks it's not about his fucking son it could be about anal sex bla bla bla".

Cyanide ChrYst
09-04-2004, 11:21 PM
That's because its NOT about his fucking son, and you KNOW it; you're just defending the concept of Opinion vs. Fact. NO SHIT, WE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.
Have your silly fucking interpretations all you want; just dont pull them out of your ass like "Um this one is about maynard's best friend blah blah fucking blah". Jesus christ.

Triangular_Vision
09-05-2004, 09:45 AM
You are confused, my friend.

Deutsch is german for a german person. (Deutsch ist Deutsch fuer ein Deutscher. Ich lerne es in meine Schule fuer drei jahre.)

Perhaps you meant 'dutch', but you horribly misspelled it. ;)

you remind me of one of my childhood friends, he was frail, pasty white, and everyone picked on him, but thats beside the point... he argued everything to the end and thought he was the brightest person in the planet, he was hit by a car in a parking lot... just because you look one way dosn't mean its the right way, and there isn't a car coming to smash yo ass from the other direction... it is pitiful that you both have wasted these preciouse moments and cognitions on fruitless efforts... lets try to imagine...

Triangular_Vision
09-05-2004, 09:48 AM
That's because its NOT about his fucking son, and you KNOW it; you're just defending the concept of Opinion vs. Fact. NO SHIT, WE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.
Have your silly fucking interpretations all you want; just dont pull them out of your ass like "Um this one is about maynard's best friend blah blah fucking blah". Jesus christ.

"What it means to me" ..... still i see no interpertations of your own. See who objects. Or maybe you will see it one drunken night forgetting it is your own, and create a self repeating argument with yourself, and you will hopefully enter the gap and dissapear seeing that digging into yourself you may find forgien ground that will reconstitute the rest of YOUR reality.

tcM_Emperor
09-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Cyanide, you have no idea. It could be about his son or it may not be, you don't know for a FACT. The only way to know for a FACT is to hear it from Maynard personally, and you havn't. You don't know for a FACT if Maynard intends his lyrics for multiple meanings or has a deeper story behind them, you have no idea. You don't know anything for a FACT unless it comes straight out of Maynard's mouth telling you the truth.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Here's my opinion about the fucking song, you maroons.

"Wide eyed and hopefully wild. We barely remember what came before this...body..holding me...remind me that I am not alone......eternal; all this pain is an illusion."

Hmmmm. Sounds like maynard is talking about Transcending The Bullshit. It's people like YOU morons that maynard writes songs about.

Fucking mouth-breathers. Jesus.

Oh, okay. To your first comment, Triangular: To bad I've got super human powers and I'm fucking invincible. Nothing can penetrade my bullet proof skin. Nothing but your stupid ideology, that is.

Second comment: There's my interpretation. I took what maynard said and defined it into one word. I didnt make up any bullshit, I didnt talk about his fucking family, I didnt talk about the wart on his left pinky.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
And if one of you douchebags point out that "Transcending the bullshit" is three words, try using your noggins (they're there for a reason) and figure out the keyword in there.

Transcension. There. I did it for you.

tcM_Emperor
09-06-2004, 02:10 PM
That's great, but you don't know anything for a fact. The lyrics could be written in a way to apply to his son as well(which it seems like they are) you have no idea and neither do I.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-07-2004, 04:11 PM
If you didnt have any idea why the fuck would you imply you knew what he was talking about? The only word in all of that song that even HINTS it could be about his son is "you", and you can mean ANYTHING. He could be TALKING TO HIS PENIS.

How does nobody undestand what an idiot you are? It's like I'm on fucking crazy pills.

tcM_Emperor
09-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Now you're assuming I'm an idiot? Do you know ANYTHING about me? You seem to think you know things for a fact when you have no solid sources to back it up. I was saying that it's POSSIBLE that it's about his son as well, did you pay attention at all? I never said I knew exactly what it was about, I simply said it definetly COULD be about his son as well. Also "You" is not the only thing in the song that could apply to his son, what about this:

Embracing you, this reality here,
This one, this form I hold now, so
Wide eyed and hopeful.

Now if you have any brain at all you can see how that could apply to his son. But I'm sure in your next post you'll proceed to call me a moron or an idiot without knowing me in anyway whatsoever and making yourself look worse and worse.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-09-2004, 02:35 PM
You are the complete fool here.

Those three lines can apply to ANYTHING. A rope, a thought, a child, a pedophile, your stupidass, a guitar amp, an eagle, his wife, his shoelace, a computer or a fucking hippo. It DOESNT MATTER TO ARGUE OVER IT BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW FOR SURE.

It's more LIKELY that the song is about a more broad subject; such as transcention. Rather than narrowing it down to his fucking son. You guys get dumber every time I fucking come in here.

Lackymacky
09-09-2004, 04:47 PM
It DOESNT MATTER TO ARGUE OVER IT BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW FOR SURE.

yeah see theres one problem with that

now granted i agree that we wont know BUT buttt its not pointless

you wanna know why?

well im going to tell you!

look at that ONE post about Lateralus being related to chemicals.
where one person suggested that all the parts broken up were a chemical
then look at how far that thread got, to you they may have accomplished nothing, but in reality every single one of them, in general, learned something new. some of them forgot about the actual post and wrote about the chemicals, i mean they were talking about it due to the post but they were informing of the chemicals. they LEARNED, yes it didnt solve what the album meant, which nothing will unless the band clearly tells us, and until then all we can do is talk about it. because:

1. its interesting to always see what kind of "bullshit people can attach to the songs" because although they may be farfetched, it shows you how different people's opinions are. i used to think, and still do what you do, cyanide, about parabol/parabola which is; embrace life, dont get caught up in yourself and celebrate this chance to be. but i posted it because i thought it was interesting, it was something new, a different way to look at the same song, although i didnt agree with it, i still ACCEPTeD it as a possibility.

2. a lot of them are very informative, not only abot tool, but about other things. everyone here is very intellegent, maybe not in your opinion, but they all "specialize in the own little thing" and contribute a different opinion on tool or just other topics being discussed here

so yes they may be "stupid", but a lot of the times they're informative

okay?!?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I dont need to be informed of total bullshit. Sorry.

tcM_Emperor
09-10-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm not narrowing it down to being about his son, I agree with you it's about celebrating life and appreciating the experience of being alive, but it could ALSO be about his son. And yes that could apply to his shoelace, but what do you honestly feel is MORE likely of Maynard to make it mean about as well?

1. His son
2. A rope
3. His shoelace

If you think logically, you can see that it could be about his son as well, or it could be about a rope. But logically it's probably less likely that it's about a rope considering ropes can't be "Wide eyed".

Cyanide ChrYst
09-10-2004, 09:15 PM
No, you stupid fool. YOU ARENT GETTING ME NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I EXPLAIN IT.

Maynard's SON? What the HELL orifice did you yank that out of?
Newsflash: Children arent the only fucking things with eyes. He could be serenading a SQUIRREL.

The point is, no. It's no more about his son than it is a rope. So you stand corrected. Night.

tcM_Emperor
09-11-2004, 11:23 AM
No I don't stand corrected, ropes don't have eyes. It's obviously about something living and not an object such as a rope. You also have NO solid proof to back up your claim that I'm wrong, do I have any proof to show it's about Maynard's son? No, I don't, I never claimed I did I repeatedly said it's simply a POSSIBILITY of being true. So in other words until you prove how it's in no way a possibility(which it is) you can not prove me wrong.

Good job in calling me stupid though, shows your maturity. Still have a lot of teen angst eh kid? Also HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF? You can't prove that it's NOT a possibility no matter how many things you can apply the lyrics to unless you hear it right from Maynard. The only one who can prove me wrong is Maynard, not you.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm sure he's reading this thread and laughing about it.

Perhaps he'll write a song about it, and then you'll create some horse shit about how it's for his grandma.

-----
Anybody hear that North Korea may have lit off a small nuclear bomb today?
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040912/ap_on_re_as/nkorea_explosion&cid=516&ncid=716

tcM_Emperor
09-12-2004, 06:50 PM
If Maynard is laughing at anything he's laughing at how immature you are.

Lackymacky
09-12-2004, 06:53 PM
A huge mushroom cloud that reportedly billowed up from North Korea (news - web sites) was not caused by a nuclear explosion, South Korean and U.S. officials said Sunday, but they said the cause was a mystery

oh cause you know those are so common to appear in atomic sites

i love planet earth and it's cookyness! i just love it!

Cyanide ChrYst
09-13-2004, 02:20 PM
If Maynard is laughing at anything he's laughing at how immature you are.

OMFG U DONT HAVE N E PROOF OF THAT OMG DOTN PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH U DONNT NO WUT HE IS RELLY THINKING LOL0LOL0L.~~~*~

You're a douchebag, dude. Get over it.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
A huge mushroom cloud that reportedly billowed up from North Korea (news - web sites) was not caused by a nuclear explosion, South Korean and U.S. officials said Sunday, but they said the cause was a mystery

oh cause you know those are so common to appear in atomic sites

i love planet earth and it's cookyness! i just love it!

Dude I'm not trying to be mean...but are you gay? Because you act like a flaming homosexual. It's cool if you're gay. I just want to know so I dont have to debate myself over it.

tcM_Emperor
09-13-2004, 04:42 PM
OMFG U DONT HAVE N E PROOF OF THAT OMG DOTN PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH U DONNT NO WUT HE IS RELLY THINKING LOL0LOL0L.~~~*~

You're a douchebag, dude. Get over it.

Get over what? You made a reply saying Maynard is probly laughing that I think it's possibly about his son, then I replied he's laughing about you being immature. I think you need to get over the fact that you're wrong, and maybe even mature a little bit and "let go" of your teen angst.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Haaaaaaaaa. Okay, now that I have the complete psychoanalysis of an internet stranger in his late 30's, the entire tool board can rest easily.

You heard it here, guys. I have "teen angst". Thank you for swinging my skewed perspective back into the atmosphere of reality.

--------

No, I'm not wrong. I'm even less wrong than you. The song is not about his son, it's not "sort of" about his son, and it's not dedicated to his son either. You are backing the fact that it "can be about anything" (which I agree with), not the idea that it is about his son.

Lackymacky
09-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Dude I'm not trying to be mean...but are you gay? Because you act like a flaming homosexual. It's cool if you're gay. I just want to know so I dont have to debate myself over it.

yeah..i guess i am, arent i?

what gave it away?!

Cyanide ChrYst
09-13-2004, 05:45 PM
You just kind of talk like I'd imagine a gay guy talk online i guess.

tcM_Emperor
09-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Lets face it virtually all your posts put off the idea of teen angst. But I guess you can tell by that guy's post that he's gay when he made no reference to anything homosexual but you don't have teen angst when you call everyone morons and idiots and sound angry in virtually every post you've made and admitted you're younger then 20. Hmm...

Cyanide ChrYst
09-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I've called probably 2 or three people morons/idiots/carpet beasts/etc. numerous times. Not numerous people one time. I'm not bashing the kid because he's gay. Gays happen to turn me on. A lot. Like right now.

And once again...

Okay, now that I have the complete psychoanalysis of an internet stranger in his late 30's, the entire tool board can rest easily.

tcM_Emperor
09-14-2004, 11:35 PM
When did I give you a "complete psychoanalysis"? I simply said you appear to have a lot of teen angst and that you're immature. I never claimed to know everything about you because I don't.

Triangular_Vision
09-15-2004, 07:47 AM
lol

Cyanide ChrYst
09-15-2004, 04:49 PM
In every thread and post you tell me something you A) think I dont know, or B) you think is true.

Triangular_Vision
09-17-2004, 04:45 AM
forgive me if i am incorrect chryst, but 1) isn't that what the point of this forum is to share ideas and get replies 2)isn't that what you and everyone else does? It would be pretty boring if all we talked about was shit that everyone knew. Constructive Criticism, lets give it a try shall we?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry if I dont put gay ass smiley faces and flowers and shit at the end of everything I say. If it will hurt your feelings less, guys, I'll do it.

You're both idiots. :) :) :) ~~~!!!!11! LOLZZ

Lackymacky
09-17-2004, 01:53 PM
you know i was going to agree with you because i do think that people stretch the meanings of the songs, i wasnt going to fault them, because thats how they view the song, but i still sort of agreed. and i still do a little bit..

but man why are you so defensive? i dont think triangular was trying to be offensive or "own" you, he was just saying that its ok to say replies, just as you do (by the way), and he wasnt really faulting you or himself.

i dont recall any gay ass smilies or flowers, unless it was a post by me of course, then its ok.

im not trying to PWN you or make you feel dumb, im asking you a question, and it seems everytime someone does you get so defensive..honestly if you gave me a short answer, other then "no" or my "youre an idiot, im right youre wrong", not because those are wrong, you could say those, but it wont solve anything, then i wont care

i agree with triangular constructive criticism...and i agree with you cyanide, i just think if you approached the way you talked to people, as opposed to calling them names, and shiiit, that you could say you disagree and why like:

"i disagree, because i think that that meaning is wayy too overthought"

instead of everything else you say..

and just for you, so you can have another thing to make fun of, happy bday cyanide;

:) >:| =) =D ^_^ *_* <3 :( :O >:O >:) >:D <333333

Lackymacky
09-17-2004, 02:10 PM
::::side note::::

dont want to keep buggin you about your band, im just curious cause you seem good
what does your band sound like ? as in who

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Send those smilies at October 26th; thats my birthday.

Im on hold with ticketmaster, theyre trying to tell me my Mars Volta tickets can only be delivered to my old house since I moved and I'm the cardholder and etc. etc...eugh.

Lacky, the reason why I just ignore everything you say, is because you're completely neutral. You have no reason to even post here. This is what you say in every post.

I agree with cyanide.

I agree with Emperor.

We already know you have no opinion property. Stop reminding us. I have to be defensive enough for 30 people, because at least 30 active people in this particular subforum have the same, but opposing to mine, ideas of the songs.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 03:16 PM
::::side note::::

dont want to keep buggin you about your band, im just curious cause you seem good
what does your band sound like ? as in who

We sound like two guitars, a singer, a bassist and a drummer. My voice is more deep rock rather than a high, whiney cut-my-wrists teen "pain" band like all the hardcore everybody listens to at my school. I dont swear in my songs, not everything rhymes, I dont write stupid poetry about my ex girlfriends, and none of my music will make anybody hang themselves.

We can be, on an emotional level, compared to Seeman by Rammstein, or Orestes by A Perfect Circle. Maynard brings a lot of melancholy to that song, but it isnt sad at all.

Lackymacky
09-17-2004, 06:03 PM
yeah i dont really think i actually help anyone acheive anything when there is an argument or a debate but i still enjoy reading them and posting random shit!

but i really do like to talk about certain things, i just am gonna stop posting in certain posts (mostly the ones youre defending yourself in) no offense, its just, youre right, i realyl dont exactly help, plus its getting and boring, saying everyone has an opinion while youre stating your's...arghhhh so im just gonna post in ones that dont have too much arguments..=) < early bday present

maybe ill be happier in the discussion section wherE IM WANTED, or perhaps even unwanted there too!

*tear*

but will you have my child or vice versa?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Eh...I kind of like big tough men. Sorry.

Lackymacky
09-18-2004, 06:10 AM
*sigh*

Lackymacky
09-18-2004, 06:12 AM
at least i tried...

apparently not good enough for you...

w/e WHATEVER

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I dont understand why you just typed what you typed.
i dnt understnd y u just typt wut u typt

tcM_Emperor
09-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Send those smilies at October 26th; thats my birthday.

Im on hold with ticketmaster, theyre trying to tell me my Mars Volta tickets can only be delivered to my old house since I moved and I'm the cardholder and etc. etc...eugh.

Lacky, the reason why I just ignore everything you say, is because you're completely neutral. You have no reason to even post here. This is what you say in every post.

I agree with cyanide.

I agree with Emperor.

We already know you have no opinion property. Stop reminding us. I have to be defensive enough for 30 people, because at least 30 active people in this particular subforum have the same, but opposing to mine, ideas of the songs.

That's because we know there's deeper meanings to the lyrics, or as Maynard has said in an interview has "multiple layers". You apparently think the songs are only about what they obviously portray and nothing more.

But with Maynard saying that his lyrics have multiple layers
But with Maynard saying he wants his songs open to interpretation
But with 30 people disagreeing with you

You're probly right!

Hope you could detect my sarcasm.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Every song ever written has 'multiple' meaning. It doesn't matter if CREED wrote it. It doesnt matter if Hanson wrote it. The fact is, you dont know what hanson's singing about and you dont know what Tool's singing about. Also, Maynard is far more intellectual than most of the idiot bands out there, but that doesn't mean he configures all of his lyrics to be arcane puzzles that can only be systematically broken down through meditation and heavy drug use.

Why has nobody figured this out yet but me? Why?

"Well cyanide we know we dont KNOW for SURE what he's talking about, but Maynard says the lyrics can mean different things to different people, hyuck hyuck"

Guess what? So can a painting. That doesnt mean you have some deeper connection with it; that just makes you another sap who thinks he knows the 'truth' about a masterpiece.

Triangular_Vision
10-03-2004, 01:10 PM
then what is the point in art? The truth is, there is no truth. If the artist knew what it was they were trying to portray, it would not be expressed in art. Art is a meathod of expressing youself. Music is art. You seem to brag on the fact that you can only think inside the lines, such as thinking only about whats on the paper. This isn't totally bad, but rather unfortunate. I dont understand your lack of imagination and mysticism. Cyanide, i think you would be a very valuable poster if you could just ya know, push the envelope AND watch it bend.

p.s. - you said Hanson! lmfao. I forgot about those... guys*?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I wore a Hanson t-shirt to my first APC concert at Lollapalooza '03.

People wouldnt even talk to me.

Triangular_Vision
10-10-2004, 06:38 PM
lol, were you into hanson at the time?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-10-2004, 09:57 PM
No, I bought a hanson shirt at the Hot Topic in the mall one day when I was doing some school shopping.

I'm an express/armani ***. But thats okay, because expensive clothes = make up for lack of character.

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 07:14 AM
i perfer the whole jeans and a black shirt thing. Lack of expensive clothes makes up for excessive character.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-11-2004, 02:59 PM
When I look clean and good, I feel that way. Thats why I spend a good portion of my money on clothes (when necessary though. I dont go shopping to go shopping...but if I need new shit, I'm going to Express.)

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 04:52 PM
i dont feel much different wearing expensive clothes... in fact i kind of dont like it. I end up in alot of situations where i get muddy, wet, or dirty all the time. My jeans, docs, and t-shirt suit that well.

going out to eat or something is a different story though.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Ooooh, so you're a DIRTY boy?

Lackymacky
10-22-2004, 03:28 PM
happy bday cyanide..and as promised..

:) :( :-) :-( :-* :D :0 :-D >:D >:-D >.< ^_^ >.> $_$ !_! @_@ #_# %_% :-/ :? :d

:D

Cyanide ChrYst
10-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Why thank you.

Triangular_Vision
10-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Ooooh, so you're a DIRTY boy?

well, i do get dirty sometimes... i bathe at least 3 times a week though.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Nice. I like my men squeaky clean before a good ravaging.

Raev'n
10-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah the most expensive t-shirt I have is a Red Hot Chili Peppers on that i got for $20 at the market in Christchurch (NZ) lol

Lackymacky
10-28-2004, 06:52 PM
i hate spending too muchmoney on anything $$$$$$$$$$$$ i get my shoes from payless
and my clothes from kmart or target
the only name brand i buy now is tool, thats the only logo thing i buy
rest is all blank

$_$