PDA

View Full Version : A Prediction?

FuckingCode
01-19-2003, 02:43 PM
As cliched and easily digestable as this sounds, if this song/album came out 6 months or so later, I would swear it's about Sept 11. Hear me out:

"I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away"
-- The government gave the people someone to blame, an enemy that was easy to hate, nothing would seem out of the ordinary with the terrorists motives. They just hated the US. The pieces fit with the government's answers. We watched the buildings "fall away" allowing us to hate without questioning the reasons behind the attacks.

"Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication"
-- The attacks were a test of our ability to come together as one culture/population. Whether we succeded or failed is up to you.

"No fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over"
-- The people directly involved (the hijackers) were obviously all killed, so were did we get our revenge. Many people turned their rage on the entire nation of Islam, which crippled it's reputation in the United States ("watch the temple topple over").

"I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication"
-- After seeing what happens when we become overconfident about our security, we realize the dangers inherient in thinking "well that'll never happen to me" (people seem to think this a lot about cancer, car crashes, etc.). The whole planet is on the verge of collapse unless we stop fixing violence with violence.

A lot of the other lyrics don't really fit in with my connection. Tell me what you think.

forty6n2
01-20-2003, 08:31 PM
This song can relate to possibly thousands of different situations. To me its basically about fighting without knowing all the details. The lack of communication leads to conflict.

You made a good point about how it can be related to that. But its far too late to worry about that cos Lateralus came out far before the 9-11 attacks. (well not far before but u get what I mean)

PS_undertow
02-13-2003, 07:29 PM
"The whole planet is on the verge of collapse unless we stop fixing violence with violence." Very well put. I know that right now I'm pretty much scared shitless because that dumbass Bush is going to start WW3 for no fucking reason. I receive something called irregular mailings. It's kind of like underground news, and UN security has found no evidence of nuclear weaponry in Iraq. We need an evolution of the mind. I'm pretty fucking disgusted.

(for more info on irregular mailings, visit the Mind's High website at http://www.xs4all.nl/~4david/ fucking awesome site!)

George Bush Sr.
02-13-2003, 08:17 PM
i'm not going to start WW3.

speaking of predictions watch the dates feb. 18-21, something is suppose to happen

watch march 5
i just pulled that date out of my ass

reign3
02-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Between May 15-June 15

Oh yeah baby!!! It's planet x time!
I can't wait

can you?

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Phosphoros
02-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by PS_undertow
"The whole planet is on the verge of collapse unless we stop fixing violence with violence." Very well put. I know that right now I'm pretty much scared shitless because that dumbass Bush is going to start WW3 for no fucking reason. I receive something called irregular mailings. It's kind of like underground news, and UN security has found no evidence of nuclear weaponry in Iraq. We need an evolution of the mind. I'm pretty fucking disgusted.

(for more info on irregular mailings, visit the Mind's High website at http://www.xs4all.nl/~4david/ fucking awesome site!) I also hate that dumbass, man! he is nothing but a little ignorant with a lot of hate (and unforntunately, power). People like him shouldn't rule a country, and we are not talking of a simple country, U.S. is the most powerful country, and it's ruled by such a jerk. That guy always knew about the 9-11 incidents, and he stil....didn't do anything. I just hope that ignorant does not attack Irak, because if that happens........well, you know

ignore-reality
02-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by George Bush Sr.
i'm not going to start WW3.

no, your son will

sløv_sø
02-21-2003, 05:47 AM
i would like to know why you call youreself George Bush Sr. when both Bush´s are jerk (if you ask me)? Do you like him?

George Bush Sr.
02-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sløv_sø
i would like to know why you call youreself George Bush Sr. when both Bush´s are jerk (if you ask me)? Do you like him?

i mock them, if they could get inside my head i would be considered a terrorist

holy reality
02-25-2003, 10:43 AM
track 9, lateralus = 9 letters
track 10, disposition= 11 letters, also the number of the next track, reflection, pushit is track 11, it talks about reflections, brena is track 11, it talks about reflections

also notice
track 9, lateralus = 9 letters
track 10, disposition= 11 letters,
track 11 reflection = 10

going down in column one we have 911, going down in column 01..... sure this would be true for any cd that had track # 10 and #11 however look at the letter column, going down we have 911, then going back up we have 01

9-11-01

Flojob
03-12-2003, 05:35 PM
despite it looking like it i just dont feel like tool would write a song about 9-11. its possible i just dont think that is them. I believe a read some where maynard saying "i am a musician not a politicion" in responce to a political question.