PDA

View Full Version : its a ghost story

meta4_a_missing_moment
07-26-2004, 10:59 AM
if u knew anything about psychology ud kno that ppl who hav been abused as a child tend 2 supress the these memories and even 4get about them.... but the trauma continues affecting them subconsiencly and they act out as adults.... i believe that this song is about maynard coming 2 the realization that he must face this child hood experience 2 move on in his life....ok so let me explain my theory....@ age 11 maynard is abused i think sexualy and his "stability" leaves him also splitting him in 2 leaving his healthy boyhood life behind as a ghost like figure... "leaving you with the dead and hopeless"..."under a dead ohio sky".....as he grows into a man the ghost is still affecting him until he finaly realizes what it was that was troubling him and what he has 2 do 2 move on......" Moving me with a sound. Opening me within a gesture. Drawing me down and in, Showing me where it all began, Eleven. It took so long to realize that You hold the light that's been leading me back home."......at the end like in many tool song maynard finds the solution 2 the problem he was facing and he reunites with him and he also does a word and number play with the number 11 wich i think is nothing less than genius...."): Hold your light, Eleven. Lead me through each gentle step by step By inch by loaded memory 'till one and one are one, eleven, So glow, child, glow. I'm heading back home. "

the_holy_filament
07-26-2004, 11:06 AM
interesting thoughts, I'd say. Though I must say I would've enjoyed the read more had you replaced not replaced 'to' with '2', but that has nothing to do with the theory, which is a good one.