PDA

View Full Version : maynards thinking of retiring

meta4_a_missing_moment
07-25-2004, 09:39 PM
i still think the songs about him contemplating retirement and i love that when he sings "and i still may" it sounds like "still may and die"

Cyanide ChrYst
07-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Wrong.

meta4_a_missing_moment
07-27-2004, 08:11 PM
thanx 4 explaining y im wrong

Disgustipating
08-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Wrong.

lmao...

Lateral Us
08-05-2004, 06:01 PM
thanx 4 explaining y im wrong

You are wrong because you are just WRONG, when something is as wrong as this it doesnt need an explanation. END OF STORY. Sorry for being harsh, but this just pissed me off a bit.

IC
08-05-2004, 07:29 PM
yeah..just seemed totally untought out..i mean, I stil may- by itself. come on.

Mr Omnipotent
08-05-2004, 09:13 PM
i still think the songs about him contemplating retirement and i love that when he sings "and i still may" it sounds like "still may and die"

dude dont you EVER fuckin scare me like that again... lol i find it funny how you make the title suggest maynard IS retiring, just so you get people to click and make a reply... pathetic... but you were successful... ass...

oh and by the way, did you have to gay up the song for me? did ya?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Maynard does sort of 'retire' between TOOL, despite the APC tours. I'd love to have the sort of band that parts ways at the end of a tour. Then I get a call from Adam like five years later.

"hey....you feel like making an album?"
"eh...what time is it?"
"11."
"yeah, alright."

randomspiral
08-08-2004, 11:55 PM
I dont know if this has been said or not but give me your insight on it anway. The song can be related to anything when u think about it thats wat makes it great. But I was reading up on meditation and listen to the song after i got some info about it and I think that it is possible that the song is about Meditation........think about it....and also the following track Mantra is a meditation term for a word that u keep repeating (Must keep reminding myself of this) over and over again in order to fall into meditation.

Triangular_Vision
09-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Maynard does sort of 'retire' between TOOL, despite the APC tours. I'd love to have the sort of band that parts ways at the end of a tour. Then I get a call from Adam like five years later.

"hey....you feel like making an album?"
"eh...what time is it?"
"11."
"yeah, alright."

lol

well, it was something a little different. The other memebers of tool have been working together on music and sending their work to and from maynard while he was on tour with apc. He would then work on the lyrical content. While they were just doing groundwork, they've been working on the next album for a descent while, but are just now back together... but ya, lol, that would be great.

Triangular_Vision
09-02-2004, 08:24 PM
I dont know if this has been said or not but give me your insight on it anway. The song can be related to anything when u think about it thats wat makes it great. But I was reading up on meditation and listen to the song after i got some info about it and I think that it is possible that the song is about Meditation........think about it....and also the following track Mantra is a meditation term for a word that u keep repeating (Must keep reminding myself of this) over and over again in order to fall into meditation.

definately... damn near if not every song ever put out by apc or tool is heavilly influenced by the philosophy of metaphysics. Just look at the cover of lateralus... and with reflection!!! that is about an out of body experiance relating to the spirits "reflection" or the awareness focused outside of the body... the song further details that he viewed the source... "a million light reflections passed over me, the sources light is endless, she ressucitates the hopeless, without HER, we are lifeless satellites drifting" Its amazing how loaded tool is with mind expanding qualities... their intentions are pure as well... amazing.

therandom
09-03-2004, 11:04 AM
I wish Adam would call ME at like 11

Cyanide ChrYst
09-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Its not the first time ive claimed I'd have sex with all of the members of tool.

Pharmaecopia_stinkfist
09-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Arn't you a male? i dont have a problem with gay's, just curiouse

Rhymeandreason
09-03-2004, 10:17 PM
It just doesnt relate to the rest of the song, or album. It's unfounded, is I think what we mean to say.

pops333
09-04-2004, 09:49 PM
he should retire. Tool should get rid of maynard and get Mike Patton. and then get rid of adam jones and get billy howerdell. adam can keep making the videos though, since he's pretty badass at that.

eonbluecasanova
09-04-2004, 09:54 PM
If Patton replaced Maynard I would probably jizz myself for a few days just thinking about it....I like adam more than Howerdell though....

Cyanide ChrYst
09-04-2004, 11:19 PM
he should retire. Tool should get rid of maynard and get Mike Patton. and then get rid of adam jones and get billy howerdell. adam can keep making the videos though, since he's pretty badass at that.

I hope you fucking choke.

pops333
09-06-2004, 05:20 PM
I hope you fucking choke.

why? because I think theres a better singer than maynard? thats pretty childish.

Triangular_Vision
09-07-2004, 06:06 AM
i think for the first time ever i TOTALLY agree with cyn.christ here... i hope you fucking choke and die. First of all, who is a better singer IS an opinoin, and mine is that you are a fool... but since maynard founded the band its kinda hard to kick him out, and it isn't just musical talent that brings this band together. It is a connection on a deeper, metaphysical level. Also, for many, tool is ALSO a band... its not all about the music... You are deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow fool... if u dont like the band, go listen to blink182 kiddy.

anotherPieceOfThePuzzle
09-07-2004, 07:00 AM
...must make it through thread...

Cyanide ChrYst
09-07-2004, 03:51 PM
why? because I think theres a better singer than maynard? thats pretty childish.

While you're at it, why don't you found a new country called New America, but base it on fascism and tyranny?

pops333
09-07-2004, 09:17 PM
While you're at it, why don't you found a new country called New America, but base it on fascism and tyranny?

you're a fuckin' chode my friend. look at yourself, getting all pissed off because i said that your idol maynard isn't the greatest singer in the world. guess what man, he's not. he can' t do a lot of the shit live that he does on the CD. although its true that my dislike of maynard is indicative of my political persausions, you're wrong to think i'm a facist. in fact, its maynard thats the fucking facist man (nazi).

but please explain to me how disagreeing with you makes me a facist tyrant?

looks like another 16 year old suburban white kid got pwn3d by an adult.

Raev'n
09-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmmmm... Nazi? Since when was MJK ever a Nazi?

pops333
09-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Hmmmm... Nazi? Since when was MJK ever a Nazi?

Die Eier von Satan. the balls of satan. nazis were satanists. maynard is a satanist. hence, maynard is a nazi. its called modus pwn3ns, n00b.

Lackymacky
09-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Die Eier von Satan. the balls of satan. nazis were satanists. maynard is a satanist. hence, maynard is a nazi. its called modus pwn3ns, n00b.

^_^

youre funny

pops333
09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
^_^

youre funny

have you ever taken a philosophy class?

the logic works!

pops333
09-09-2004, 12:02 PM
f00l, i know what the song means. my german teacher loved that song. since you've got a cool name, i'll let you in on a secret. i was just fucking around, but people sure do get pissed when you start talking shit on their favorite band.

and dude, mike patton pwns maynard live. and billy howerdell can play adam jones' style and then some.

Raev'n
09-09-2004, 02:38 PM
So 'pops333' how come you get all defensive when people say that they think MJK and AJ are better? And start name calling (e.g. "noob", funnily enough I seem to have more posts than you and it looks like I joined at relatively the same time so I don't think that's completely justified). Maybe it makes you feel better or something. But man, that's kinda childish when you think about it.

pops333
09-09-2004, 06:59 PM
So 'pops333' how come you get all defensive when people say that they think MJK and AJ are better? And start name calling (e.g. "noob", funnily enough I seem to have more posts than you and it looks like I joined at relatively the same time so I don't think that's completely justified). Maybe it makes you feel better or something. But man, that's kinda childish when you think about it.

when did i get defensive? I was merely backing up my assertions with logic. But yeah, it does make me feel better, my life is empty and hollow. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-09-2004, 09:19 PM
you're a fuckin' chode my friend. look at yourself, getting all pissed off because i said that your idol maynard isn't the greatest singer in the world. guess what man, he's not. he can' t do a lot of the shit live that he does on the CD. although its true that my dislike of maynard is indicative of my political persausions, you're wrong to think i'm a facist. in fact, its maynard thats the fucking facist man (nazi).

Okay, here we go.

You completely misunderstood me. I implied you were taking one thing and turning it into something completely different.

EG, take america, which is founded on democracy, and make it communist. At no point did I call you a fascist, you stupid republican. Taking the lead singer from tool and calling it tool is like putting Corey Taylor in Backstreet Boys and calling it Backstreet boys.

Moron.

Secondly, you support george bush. I can tell this by your arrogant speech and how you think Maynard is a nazi (Holy shit, what a douchebag. I mean it's not like maynard outwardly speaks of overcoming petty differences or anything...you sure know him like the back of a cross.)

Sixteen? Hardly. Suburban? Yes. White? Loud and proud. And if you're an adult, sitting online arguing with somebody over a band, you sir, are a huge loser.

And pop, i hope you're kidding about Eier von Satan being nazi. Du von alle Volke sollst dass sie (tool) sind nicht Nazis wissen. Welche jahre bist du in? Ich bin in meine dritten.

Triangular_Vision
09-10-2004, 09:05 AM
damn pops, u got dissed... I'd like to see a good comeback in this children's game that you happen to be losing, being an honorable adult and all... perhaps most people become defensive when you diss something that they love? as you would probably get mad if i had sex with your wife, or (for the hell of it) said i was a nazi. Another reason that you are at a disadvantage, is that children are the only ones that still know how to dream, and you sir are full of spoiled, pre-fed reflections of reality, when the content (thanks much to maynard) has nothing to do with reality, but that of the subconsciouse, the spirit, and our purpose as a whole. "to leave behind this place so negative, and blind and cynical, and you will come to find, that we are all one mind, capable of all thats, imagined and all concieveable..." taking maynard away *shakes his head*This is much like me saying, god cant do half the stuff live that he does in the bible, and hitler would sound so much better anyway. You, mr. wrinkle fest, are a f(_)ck face. Maybe you should start your own band... get your own forums, and read posts from your own fans since you have such revalations everyday...

18yrs old and still an infant, i stand sadly proud of the fact i can swim and u cant... and no... i dont mean in the water.

pops333
09-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Okay, here we go.

You completely misunderstood me. I implied you were taking one thing and turning it into something completely different.

EG, take america, which is founded on democracy, and make it communist. At no point did I call you a fascist, you stupid republican. Taking the lead singer from tool and calling it tool is like putting Corey Taylor in Backstreet Boys and calling it Backstreet boys.

Moron.

---> OK, what the fuck are you talking about man? You are making no sense, and yes, you did call me a facist. You said, "While you're at it, why don't you found a new country called New America, but base it on fascism and tyranny?" Unless you don't understand what it means to imply something, then yes, you did call me a facist. And what the fuck does Corey Taylor have to do with anything?

Secondly, you support george bush. I can tell this by your arrogant speech and how you think Maynard is a nazi (Holy shit, what a douchebag. I mean it's not like maynard outwardly speaks of overcoming petty differences or anything...you sure know him like the back of a cross.)

---> Nice try buddy, but I am no republican. Sorry to disappoint, but what does that have to do with anything? I mean, that would almost be a good point if it was relevant to anything, but its not, so its totally moot.

Sixteen? Hardly. Suburban? Yes. White? Loud and proud. And if you're an adult, sitting online arguing with somebody over a band, you sir, are a huge loser.

---> Haha, loud and proud, so thats just your sugarcoated way of saying you're a bigot? I bet you lock your car doors when you drive through black neighborhoods. Oh, and take your own advice, since you are here too. Calling me a loser is a little like the pot calling the kettle black, is it not?

And pop, i hope you're kidding about Eier von Satan being nazi. Du von alle Volke sollst dass sie (tool) sind nicht Nazis wissen. Welche jahre bist du in? Ich bin in meine dritten.

---> Did you not catch the post where I said that I was fuckin' around? Guess not.

pops333
09-10-2004, 11:52 AM
damn pops, u got dissed... I'd like to see a good comeback in this children's game that you happen to be losing, being an honorable adult and all... perhaps most people become defensive when you diss something that they love? as you would probably get mad if i had sex with your wife, or (for the hell of it) said i was a nazi. Another reason that you are at a disadvantage, is that children are the only ones that still know how to dream, and you sir are full of spoiled, pre-fed reflections of reality, when the content (thanks much to maynard) has nothing to do with reality, but that of the subconsciouse, the spirit, and our purpose as a whole. "to leave behind this place so negative, and blind and cynical, and you will come to find, that we are all one mind, capable of all thats, imagined and all concieveable..." taking maynard away *shakes his head*This is much like me saying, god cant do half the stuff live that he does in the bible, and hitler would sound so much better anyway. You, mr. wrinkle fest, are a f(_)ck face. Maybe you should start your own band... get your own forums, and read posts from your own fans since you have such revalations everyday...

18yrs old and still an infant, i stand sadly proud of the fact i can swim and u cant... and no... i dont mean in the water.

Ok, I had to read your post a couple of times to understand what exactly you were trying to say. I mean, between the lack of a point, cohesion, and numerous errors in both syntax and grammar, what you were trying to say was deeply obfuscated. I mean, I appreciate that you can regurgitate Tool lyrics, but that was about the only thing that I could recognize as the English language in your post. Good job, I'm sure your parents would be proud.

Here, let me give you a little definiton:

fa·ce·tious
adj.
Playfully jocular; humorous: facetious remarks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French facétieux, from facétie, jest, from Latin factia, from factus, witty.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fa·cetious·ly adv.
fa·cetious·ness n.

Its funny, I mean, you people idolize Maynard, but the mantra that he has you sheep chant at the live shows is totally lost. Cracks me up.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I dont think there's anybody here that truly idolizes maynard. If they do, they dont admit it.

Werd, Triangular, that cancerous mass of solid text was more incoherant than a vegas slut after a few shots and a bump.

tcM_Emperor
09-10-2004, 03:24 PM
You're not funny cyanide.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-10-2004, 09:05 PM
You're not intelligent?

Raev'n
09-11-2004, 02:25 AM
No no. He said you're not funny. Intelligence doesn't have much to do with that assertion. I mean, my little brother is 8 and he's at the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to intelligence because of an accident he had at an early age (no he was NOT dropped on his head) but he can discern as to whether someone is funny or not.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Thing is I wasnt attempting to be funny. And I wouldn't be in front of a bunch of people who dislike me because I dont agree with their fantastical assumptions on song meanings.

Kisses for raev'n though, for figuring that out before I did. Haaaaaa.

Raev'n
09-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Ah well. Back to the topic?

tcM_Emperor
09-14-2004, 01:43 AM
I don't dislike you because you disagree, I dislike you because you bash people who think differently then you, and you're incredibly immature. If you disagree with someone's opinion, you call them idiots, morons, etc. You need to grow up.

Also pop, please don't call yourself an adult then proceed to call people "N00bs" and use the word "pwn".

Raev'n
09-14-2004, 01:55 AM
...back to topic...? *small, insignificant voice; pleading for input because is too tires to give own*

Triangular_Vision
09-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Ok, I had to read your post a couple of times to understand what exactly you were trying to say. I mean, between the lack of a point, cohesion, and numerous errors in both syntax and grammar, what you were trying to say was deeply obfuscated. I mean, I appreciate that you can regurgitate Tool lyrics, but that was about the only thing that I could recognize as the English language in your post. Good job, I'm sure your parents would be proud.

Here, let me give you a little definiton:

fa·ce·tious
adj.
Playfully jocular; humorous: facetious remarks.

[French facétieux, from facétie, jest, from Latin factia, from factus, witty.]
fa·cetious·ly adv.
fa·cetious·ness n.

Its funny, I mean, you people idolize Maynard, but the mantra that he has you sheep chant at the live shows is totally lost. Cracks me up.

well considering that this is not an english test, i am dumbfounded by your ability to miss the point and the light. It seems that while you have managed to rack up the post number, you have been spinning your wheels. You are apparently getting no-where in life. If you havn't read some of the other posts on this site, the content of the music is on a metaphysical level. I know this may be new for you, but *Oh my goD*, maynard isn't singing about sticking his fist up someones ass, or thinking of retiring, or breaking up w/ his girlfriend... i think hooker with a penis is the only song that is mostly referenced to the real world. Even if maynard had the vocal capacity of a 15 year old hitting puberty, i would probably listen to them. Even if you are not satisfied by maynards amazing vocal feats, check out some of the other musical stepping stones that tool has produced. I dont think there is any other band out there that puts that much thought into their work. Even down to mathematical formulas, patterns and rhythems, tool is deticated to the evolution of the mind and spirit. It is funny that you say they "have you chant" thse things.... i dont recall maynard ever saying, "give me a think" "for" "yourself" "question" and so on... in fact im pretty sure that he is thinking they are missing the point too. If you havn't read the quote that you have to click on to get to the opinions page... you should, maybe read some articles too... as ive said before, its more than just the music. maybe your blind ass just cant see. and. yes. i. use. punctuation. sometimes

Triangular_Vision
09-14-2004, 09:11 AM
I dont think there's anybody here that truly idolizes maynard. If they do, they dont admit it.

Werd, Triangular, that cancerous mass of solid text was more incoherant than a vegas slut after a few shots and a bump.

you 2 (pops and christ) have no insides... does everything have to be gramatically correct to register in your guided minds? You have the freeflow of a sewer pipe pops... christ, maybe there is something lodged in your ass... and you both spend more time arguing than thinking and i got sucked in because i happened to agree with christ on something more than pops. This is not progression, rater obsession with regression.

my favorite quote: "i love being proved wrong, so you can show me what your trick is" -Timothy Leary.... sad though... hasn't happened yet.

pops333
09-14-2004, 11:00 AM
well considering that this is not an english test, i am dumbfounded by your ability to miss the point and the light. It seems that while you have managed to rack up the post number, you have been spinning your wheels. You are apparently getting no-where in life. If you havn't read some of the other posts on this site, the content of the music is on a metaphysical level. I know this may be new for you, but *Oh my goD*, maynard isn't singing about sticking his fist up someones ass, or thinking of retiring, or breaking up w/ his girlfriend... i think hooker with a penis is the only song that is mostly referenced to the real world. Even if maynard had the vocal capacity of a 15 year old hitting puberty, i would probably listen to them. Even if you are not satisfied by maynards amazing vocal feats, check out some of the other musical stepping stones that tool has produced. I dont think there is any other band out there that puts that much thought into their work. Even down to mathematical formulas, patterns and rhythems, tool is deticated to the evolution of the mind and spirit. It is funny that you say they "have you chant" thse things.... i dont recall maynard ever saying, "give me a think" "for" "yourself" "question" and so on... in fact im pretty sure that he is thinking they are missing the point too. If you havn't read the quote that you have to click on to get to the opinions page... you should, maybe read some articles too... as ive said before, its more than just the music. maybe your blind ass just cant see. and. yes. i. use. punctuation. sometimes

i'm sorry but your post confused me. i honestly couldn't figure out what you were trying to say. and the definition had a point. the point was is I'M FUCKING AROUND WITH YOU PEOPLE.

try not to take everything you read so seriously. I was hoping that I what I had posted was rediculous enough for someone to realize that. i guess not though.

oh and everytime I've had floor tickets to a tool or a APC show, everyone around me was repeating "think for yourself, question authority." So yes, people do chant it.

pops333
09-14-2004, 12:51 PM
I don't dislike you because you disagree, I dislike you because you bash people who think differently then you, and you're incredibly immature. If you disagree with someone's opinion, you call them idiots, morons, etc. You need to grow up.

Also pop, please don't call yourself an adult then proceed to call people "N00bs" and use the word "pwn".

adults don't use the word pwn?

my boss said it today, and he's fuckin' old.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Emperor - You dont dislike me because I bash people. You dislike me because I'm better than you at everything you think.
And I dont bash people when they share their thoughts. Only when they put words in my/maynards/etc.'s mouth.

Triangular - I have something lodged in my ass: It's a candlestick. Do you agree with that?

tcM_Emperor
09-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Emperor - You dont dislike me because I bash people. You dislike me because I'm better than you at everything you think.
And I dont bash people when they share their thoughts. Only when they put words in my/maynards/etc.'s mouth.

Triangular - I have something lodged in my ass: It's a candlestick. Do you agree with that?

How does that make any sense...

I dislike you because you're better then me at everything I think? How can you be better then me at something that I have an opinion on/believe? I also havn't encountered anything that shows you're better then me at anything.

I DO dislike you for the immature way you treat people on the forums and though you may be different in real life, the only way I know you is on these forums and on these forums you are immature, if you don't believe me please go look at all your posts.

How is people making interpretations of Tool's songs in any way putting words in his mouth? He has even said he encourages people to make their own interpretations. You're the one who tries to say you know exactly what Tool songs are about, and that everyone's interpretations are wrong despite Maynard also saying that his lyrics have multiple layers.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Dude, open your eyes. You're the only fool I argue with on this board.
Anything you think or say, I have already contemplated. There's no reason for you to get a hair up your ass about things that I talk about. Guess what - you're getting nowhere.

I think immaturity is clearly displayed in most threads here; where a kid will be feeding his cats and think "Holy shit!! The entire Lateralus album is about the animal kingdom!"
You're idiots. No offense.

Maynard is FUCKING - WITH - YOU. They're fucking SONGLYRICS, not ancient biblical puzzles. Jesus christ.

Raev'n
09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Although sometimes it seems that Tool bvases some songs on ancient biblical puzzles. E.g. Schism: From my point of view it's about the division of the catholic church from the others (mainly anglican) but only because I have been brought up a catholic and it's what the song says to me.

tcM_Emperor
09-15-2004, 09:00 PM
So I'm getting nowhere by arguing with you, yet you're getting somewhere by calling them idiots and replying to people's posts about their song interpretations by saying "wrong"?

I think you need to realize you're not getting anywhere either.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-15-2004, 09:53 PM
I dont call anybody an idiot but you, emperor.

Raev'n, it's just a matter of waking up and realizing 'oh shit, its just a song. Not some irrationally large diorama of life's evolution.'

tcM_Emperor
09-16-2004, 12:39 AM

Raev'n, it's just a matter of waking up and realizing 'oh shit, its just a song. Not some irrationally large diorama of life's evolution.'

You havn't called anyone else an idiot? Oh dear god is that the most untrue statement ever.

Want me to go into search and post all your replies for you so you can count?

Raev'n
09-16-2004, 12:56 AM
But it's what the song means to ME. Sure it could be just a song to you but to me it's a story, about division between the two major churches in the world

Cyanide ChrYst
09-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah, well to me it's about maynard choosing between coke and pepsi. Why doesnt anybody else see this?

Triangular_Vision
09-17-2004, 10:28 AM
wow... i almost thought for a minute that you actually thought ticks and leeches is about cottage cheese Chryst... but then i realized by reading yet another neo-stationary post that you were just being a dick... again. But hell, who cares... im beginning to find humor in your lack of heart or goodwill. But now that you mention it... i think this song is about *cough* a doctor fucking a needle... ahem ya..... thats what i think.

Triangular_Vision
09-17-2004, 10:38 AM

or its a matter of just waking up and realizing 'oh shit' its just a life. not some half baked chance to live at home at sit on the computer all day living off of moms money... but of course i am wrong. because tool couldn't possibly be about life... all those diagrams and relations to the metaphysical in the content... thats just their agent and hired geeks finding something to make a black cover with cool artwork... and their relation w/ alex grey... thats just a publicity stunt... and all those interviews... maynard is just really good at pulling shit out of his ass that just happens to be deep and accurate... they dont study astrology and mythology... maynard didn't go to harvard... and all those thousands of tool fans that are deticated to tool isn't because tool is deticated to the message. They are of course interested in the publication of thier shit, and making money., and being in the limelight... they must love fame... and maynard dresses up w/ tits so u can recognize him better in public to get his autograph right and say that he is our leader?... and the third eye is the asshole... NO. Im sorry. Im open to interpertation on any level... but if you would read up on the history of tool, music was the last choice that all memebers of the band chose to outlet emotion... you of all people cyanide_chrYst should understand outletting since you do it on an enormous scale.

Triangular_Vision
09-17-2004, 10:55 AM
p.s. I think that you have called me an idiot before... (in correlation to emporer's post)

Th1_rhs13
09-17-2004, 12:14 PM
p.s. I think that you have called me an idiot before... (in correlation to emporer's post)

I fail to see why you would possibly exert yourself, on imbiciles such as these Triangular.. Perhaps you see, and embrace what i tend to void, the fact that you would put minimal effort into having others TRY to fathom what can be felt/seen/experienced when listening to tool, is just comendable.. But counter productive aswell.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 03:22 PM
You're quite right, Th1. But even if I have to exhaust myself to the point of death, just to open one of these kid's eyes, my job is somewhat finished.

Triangular: Yeah yeah. Wake up and get a life, you're a loser who plays video games all day, you're fat and nobody loves you, blah blah fucking blah. That's what everybody says to EVERYBODY on ANY forum ANYWHERE, EVER.

The fact is, I'm probably better looking than you (www.thecyanidechryst.funtigo.com)
My girlfriend is probably hotter than yours (www.thecyanidechryst.funtigo.com)
and I cant possibly live with my mother since she lives in Capri, Italy, and I'm in my own apartment in Laguna Beach, California.

So...you're...retarded?

That's super that you think maynard is some sort of tangible incarnation of Jesus or something, but the fact is, I know kids who listen to Godsmack and think that Sully or whatever his name is (frightening that I know that, yes) is trying to tell everyone the world is going to end or some bullshit.

It's just music; get over it.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry, click Art By Accident and scroll to the bottom (past me and ronnie being high on mushrooms). She's down there.

pops333
09-17-2004, 04:05 PM
You're quite right, Th1. But even if I have to exhaust myself to the point of death, just to open one of these kid's eyes, my job is somewhat finished.

Triangular: Yeah yeah. Wake up and get a life, you're a loser who plays video games all day, you're fat and nobody loves you, blah blah fucking blah. That's what everybody says to EVERYBODY on ANY forum ANYWHERE, EVER.

The fact is, I'm probably better looking than you (www.thecyanidechryst.funtigo.com)
My girlfriend is probably hotter than yours (www.thecyanidechryst.funtigo.com)
and I cant possibly live with my mother since she lives in Capri, Italy, and I'm in my own apartment in Laguna Beach, California.

So...you're...retarded?

That's super that you think maynard is some sort of tangible incarnation of Jesus or something, but the fact is, I know kids who listen to Godsmack and think that Sully or whatever his name is (frightening that I know that, yes) is trying to tell everyone the world is going to end or some bullshit.

It's just music; get over it.

put the Xbox controller down, fatass >:(

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Werd, werd.

Raev'n
09-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I hate XBOX's. They have too many buttons

pops333
09-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Werd, werd.

so is your band basically a Tool APC cover band?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I dont know how many times I'm going to be asked this.

Tool covers a Failure song called The Nurse Who Loved Me. Is tool a Failure cover band?

Raev'n
09-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Well technically, yes...

Th1_rhs13
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM

INANE BABBLE................

Your failure of reading compreshension is just a reflection of your mental capacity, the fact is I questioned why someone with the thoughts as triangular would bother wasting his time trying to explain the significance of the songs.

Never, I mean never would i ever give any words of encouragement to you or your narrowminded thoughts/beliefs.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey thanks for sharing, but you've got a fatal flaw in your premise: You dont know anything about me besides the fact that I dont delve into places Tool songs dont even go.

For all you know, I could be a buddhist asian with a shaved head and gay lover; two of the most open minded people on earth. You're right; I misread what you said. I do lots of drugs. :thumbs up:

pops333
09-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I dont know how many times I'm going to be asked this.

Tool covers a Failure song called The Nurse Who Loved Me. Is tool a Failure cover band?

A) that was APC.

B) all you talk about on your website is all the tool/apc songs you do. you even call your bassist Paz and talk about buying a pedal to get the billy howerdell tone. so it looks like all you play is Tool/APC songs.

nice try at trying to rationalize why your bands sucks though. :thumbs up:

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah, and you suck at playing football. Even though I've never seen you play.

We cover a few APC songs (every band starts out covering; its the way you grow) and one or two tool songs. We originally did them without any effects as we are all poor mother fuckers (and were jobless at the time). Keep in mind that the effects I speak of on that site were uploaded there long before we produced our own LP.
Billy is the guitarist who has the style that I like the most. He uses a lot of octave powerchords and slides, and shit that you don't hear that frequently in today's music. I'd give anything to be able to sound *just* like him; that's why I speak of him so much.
Oh shit, Cyanide has an idol; he's such a ******. Where's my sybian?

My bassist looks similar to paz, and her name is actually Jessica Pinera Azinne or something foreign like that. We created PAZ as an acronym for her, because jessica takes far too much effort to say.

You got anything else you want to point out? Maybe some vocal instructions, since you heard my voice and it sucks too? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Next dolt, step up.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 02:29 PM
You're right; APC covered a failure song. You should win money.

pops333
09-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, and you suck at playing football. Even though I've never seen you play.

We cover a few APC songs (every band starts out covering; its the way you grow) and one or two tool songs. We originally did them without any effects as we are all poor mother fuckers (and were jobless at the time). Keep in mind that the effects I speak of on that site were uploaded there long before we produced our own LP.

---> All you talk about is the APC and Tool songs that you cover. And all of your pictures have captions pretaining to how you're playing an APC or Tool song at the time. And not every band starts out playing covers, I've been in several bands, and almost all of them have been totally original. Except of course, for the Tool cover band I was in for a while :)

Billy is the guitarist who has the style that I like the most. He uses a lot of octave powerchords and slides, and shit that you don't hear that frequently in today's music. I'd give anything to be able to sound *just* like him; that's why I speak of him so much.
Oh shit, Cyanide has an idol; he's such a ******. Where's my sybian?

---> You should try to sound like Cyanide Christ, not like Billy Howerdell. There is already one billy howerdell, why do we need more? And I hear a shit load of powerchords. turn on the local rock station and you'll hear them.

seriously though, find your own voice, don't try to steal someone else's thunder. its great to be influenced by him, but you don't wanna be just like him. wheres the fun in that?

My bassist looks similar to paz, and her name is actually Jessica Pinera Azinne or something foreign like that. We created PAZ as an acronym for her, because jessica takes far too much effort to say.

---> It sure does add to the cover band illusion then. You don't go very far in making it seem like you're not.

You got anything else you want to point out? Maybe some vocal instructions, since you heard my voice and it sucks too? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Next dolt, step up.

---> yeah, try to sing out of your chest, not through your throat. remember to move a little bit back from the mic when you're gonna sing any words that start with p's, k's, or s's. remember to breathe properly. :)

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Awesome, thanks for the advice that everybody I've ever talked to ever has told me. Advice that I dont need. You're an intelligent young man.

pops333
09-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Awesome, thanks for the advice that everybody I've ever talked to ever has told me. Advice that I dont need. You're an intelligent young man.

seems like you do need it. if everyone is telling you the same advice, then maybe you should try listening to them. i mean, i know you like to bitch about how all new music sounds the same, but you kind of lose the right to bitch when you just pretend to be some other musician.

of course, what would i know. i'm only making a good living on music ;)

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 08:44 PM
People give me singing advice like people give you cold advice.
"Oh, hey, you're sick? Drink plently of water and sleep it off."
It's the common jackass input that nobody cares to hear. People hear that I have a band, and say, "Hey, be sure to ___________ as much as you can so you dont ____________ while you're singing."

Thank you, doctor.

I don't pretend to be billy howerdell. That's like, the most pathetic insult one could conjure up. I suppose all the kids who wear Avenge Sevenfold shirts are trying to be that band, am I right? If you played guitar (and you dont), you'd realize that having a flange, chorus, or any other effect of the like is a good idea in general, unless you like shitty music like Metallica and listening to the constant drivel of mega-distorted guitars being rubbed across chalkboards.

pops333
09-18-2004, 09:13 PM
People give me singing advice like people give you cold advice.
"Oh, hey, you're sick? Drink plently of water and sleep it off."
It's the common jackass input that nobody cares to hear. People hear that I have a band, and say, "Hey, be sure to ___________ as much as you can so you dont ____________ while you're singing."

Thank you, doctor.

I don't pretend to be billy howerdell. That's like, the most pathetic insult one could conjure up. I suppose all the kids who wear Avenge Sevenfold shirts are trying to be that band, am I right? If you played guitar (and you dont), you'd realize that having a flange, chorus, or any other effect of the like is a good idea in general, unless you like shitty music like Metallica and listening to the constant drivel of mega-distorted guitars being rubbed across chalkboards.

a doctor will not give a person advice about his cold UNLESS HE HAS A FUCKING COLD. The reason people are trying to help you not suck at singing is because you suck at singing. i know you're gonna say "you don't know that i suck at singing, you've never heard me." well guess what jackass, you keep bringing it up! that and it doesn't take a genius to know that someone who is as full as himself as you sucks at singing. i've been in enough bands to know who is the poser and who is the real thing, solely on attitude. you my friend, have the attitude of a posuer.

yeah, wearing a t-shirt is EXACTLY like saying you want to play exactly like their idol. good one, jerk off.

how do you know I don't play guitar? I am what you would call a multi-instrumentalist. of course, you are like every fucking shitty, self absorbed, talentless, hack who thinks that because he can play a root-fifth powerchord it makes him the next fucking angus young.

people like you are the exact reason i have contemplated giving up music professionally so many times. oh, and being able to cover Orestes does not make you a good guitarist. anyone can copy a tab.

so if you're not a Tool/APC cover band, where is your original material? why don't you make ANY reference what so ever on your webpage?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Figure A) It's morons who have never heard my band that tell me what to do when I sing. Everybody else likes us, a whole lot. We're not looking to get big because I have aspirations to stay in college and do something with my life, instead of becoming a washed up rockstar or some *** that goes to a MUSIC school. (Sure, adam did, but if you divided all the numbers, it's probably 1 to 100,000 people that get famous after going to music college).

B)There are only so many different things you can do on guitar. If I sounded like Billy Howerdell, I'd also sound like maybe 20,000 other different guitarists. Suck me dry, fuckface; you're quite mistaken.

C) You think my attitude is a direct reflection of my ability to sing and play guitar. I'm sorry that I cannot back up what I say because I dont know how to rip an mp3 from my cd and post it on this site, so we'll just have to keep playing the 'UR BAND SUCKZZ' game for the next two months until you get off your period and figure out that just because my shit isnt all over your favorite channels like MTV doesn't mean we dont have talent.

D) If you contemplated giving up music because you meet people like me, you are one sad mother fucker with less ambition than intelligence (which rivals that of an eggplant as it is). Your ability to create poorly-woven insults and sprinkle them all over a FUCKING ONLINE FORUM doesn't mean you have a high IQ; it means you have pent up (probably sexual) anger and frustration that you can't properly exert in real life because you're the type of loser who goes to college for MUSIC and thinks he's the shit because he can play drums and guitar.

My original material is as follows:
AmanitA - The Airport (10 songs, 69 some minutes, concept album about the exploration of an alterdimension via dissociative-transit). I will gladly send you the lyrics if you provide me with your AIM name or email.

Until then, take your closet-grown assumptions about the way I work and stick them in the same general area you keep the rest of your ideas: right up your fucking ass.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Um, would anyone like a lapdance?

pops333
09-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Figure A) It's morons who have never heard my band that tell me what to do when I sing. Everybody else likes us, a whole lot. We're not looking to get big because I have aspirations to stay in college and do something with my life, instead of becoming a washed up rockstar or some *** that goes to a MUSIC school. (Sure, adam did, but if you divided all the numbers, it's probably 1 to 100,000 people that get famous after going to music college).

---> music schools are notoriously hard, and very few people who go to them want to end up famous. although i have to give you kudos for coming up with an argument using evidence that you have totally pulled out of your ass :)

B)There are only so many different things you can do on guitar. If I sounded like Billy Howerdell, I'd also sound like maybe 20,000 other different guitarists. Suck me dry, fuckface; you're quite mistaken.

---> I though you just said that Billy Howerdell sounds totally different than every other guitarist? he can't be totally original and sound like 20,000 other guitarists at the same time, know can he?

C) You think my attitude is a direct reflection of my ability to sing and play guitar. I'm sorry that I cannot back up what I say because I dont know how to rip an mp3 from my cd and post it on this site, so we'll just have to keep playing the 'UR BAND SUCKZZ' game for the next two months until you get off your period and figure out that just because my shit isnt all over your favorite channels like MTV doesn't mean we dont have talent.

---> I can because you are like many other lead singer/guitarist I have worked with. Their attitude was much similar to yours, and their talent couldn't back it up.

D) If you contemplated giving up music because you meet people like me, you are one sad mother fucker with less ambition than intelligence (which rivals that of an eggplant as it is). Your ability to create poorly-woven insults and sprinkle them all over a FUCKING ONLINE FORUM doesn't mean you have a high IQ; it means you have pent up (probably sexual) anger and frustration that you can't properly exert in real life because you're the type of loser who goes to college for MUSIC and thinks he's the shit because he can play drums and guitar.

---> wow, thats a good one Freud. why do you hate people who go to music schools so much? because they have talent? thats pretty petty.

My original material is as follows:
AmanitA - The Airport (10 songs, 69 some minutes, concept album about the exploration of an alterdimension via dissociative-transit). I will gladly send you the lyrics if you provide me with your AIM name or email.

---> please, send it to [email protected] I want to take the journey ;)

Until then, take your closet-grown assumptions about the way I work and stick them in the same general area you keep the rest of your ideas: right up your fucking ass.

---> haha, that was actually kind of funny.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-19-2004, 11:15 AM
I hate breaking these things down into sections but it gets confusing if you write like Triangular in one massive, incomprehensible block of text.

1. Notoriously hard? Complete bullshit, my bassist is a sophomore in a music college that I will name to you in private as I dont know if she wants me talking about her name and where she goes, etc... As far as she's concerned, its the easiest thing she's ever done in her life. And guess what? With all her talent, she'll never go ANYWHERE. I PROMISE. Just like you. I'm not being an asshole, but it's just like being a psychologist: nobody makes any money in that field.

2. You're right; you must know all aspects of my three dimensional attitude just from speaking to me in an online forum. You also soak up all the information in a book by touching it. I don't like you, I probably never will. Had you been a person I enjoyed the company of, you'd notice that I'm not only the friendliest guy imaginable, but actually very positive and insightful. Anonymous douchebags on a fanatical website hardly qualify as judges of my personality.

You failed to recognize that I never bragged about my voice. I for one, do not like it, because it's very masculine for the music that we sing. Imagine maynard's tool voice applied to APC...if that makes any sense. It's also like two octaves deeper than most of the bands out today; so at least we dont sound like a bunch of high pitched twangy idiots with SUPER MEGA HEAVY ULTRA GRUNGE distortion pedals on shitty b.c. rich warlock guitars.
You dont like my band? Oh shit, I think I'm going to kill myself...?

3. I dont hate anyone who goes to music school. I just feel bad for them. You're going to be forty years old and realize "holy shit, I cant get a real job because all I did was play guitar and think I was superior to everyone because I actually payed a shitload of money to learn it. I can play ghost chords and the infamous Villian chord...will somebody give me head? I KNOW WHAT A Cmmaj7 is!! Why wont anybody hire me?!"

4. I will gladly send you our material. Sending as we speak. Keep in mind that no lyric can depict the ambiance of the actual music..you'll have to use your imagination.

Raev'n
09-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Fuckin' hell. You're both so far up your own arses that your giving head to your respective throats. pops: all your doing is being a dick. That's it. Your just making a whole heap of shit by egging CC on. Cyanide: Your so up yourself you think that if you say something about anything you have to be right. I don't think anyone cares about your band or what you do in your own personal life, maybe a small interest but not like you seem to expect. You're not the centre of the known universe so get over yourself. PLEASE.

you too pops

Cyanide ChrYst
09-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Dude, I've brought up my band like once, and ever since then these two fags leap on it every time they have a bad day.

"Cyanide...I dont agree with what you said about Ticks and Leeches. By the way, I HATE YOUR BAND!!!" Fucking idiots can't get over it. Just because my music isnt all over Mtv they are having a shit even considering we could be talented.

Meh...nobody cares what they think.

Back to the point of this thread: Maynard is not retiring.

Raev'n
09-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Well why would he retire? He said himslef that he has too much time to fill or something like that. That would be why he got APC together as well wouldn't it?

Triangular_Vision
09-21-2004, 07:56 AM
I hate breaking these things down into sections but it gets confusing if you write like Triangular in one massive, incomprehensible block of text.
Im sorry if i dont go through and read my post like 3 times and check for syntax errors. I. Kind of. Like doing stupid shit. anyway, you know! just to piss you off... if you will notice though, i only write shitty when im tallking to shitty people... this could explain why you seem to only notice this kind of. stuff.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-21-2004, 02:37 PM
I just disregard everything you have to say, triangular.

Anyway. He wouldnt retire. Millions of people love him and he's making a probably unimaginably large amount of money off of both bands...and it must be a really fun (but exhausting) job.

Triangular_Vision
09-22-2004, 08:37 AM
I just disregard everything you have to say, triangular.

Anyway. He wouldnt retire. Millions of people love him and he's making a probably unimaginably large amount of money off of both bands...and it must be a really fun (but exhausting) job.

That in itself will pacify me for days to come. I can rest easilly not fearing child like rebuttle from you on everything political and toolish. I can actually go back to posting transpersonal philosophy instead of wasting time. Thankyou.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Philosophy is a waste of time.

Philosophy is the art of postulating what is not there, and making up bullshit explanations as to why it is not there. You can theorize on religion, politics, drugs, rainbows, human behavior, cheez-its....And in the end, you all end up back where you started: Philosophy is bullshit.

Just like religion.

Philosophy is the alternative way to explain things that cannot be explained; opposing religion because you think it applies some sort of intelligence. But it doesnt. It's just a big pandora's box of unanswered questions and estimated guesses. Who gives a shit? Sometimes I get really pissed off or sad for no reason; I dont need a book to explain why. I already know the answer: Humans are hormonal bitches.

pops333
09-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Philosophy is a waste of time.

Philosophy is the art of postulating what is not there, and making up bullshit explanations as to why it is not there. You can theorize on religion, politics, drugs, rainbows, human behavior, cheez-its....And in the end, you all end up back where you started: Philosophy is bullshit.

Just like religion.

Philosophy is the alternative way to explain things that cannot be explained; opposing religion because you think it applies some sort of intelligence. But it doesnt. It's just a big pandora's box of unanswered questions and estimated guesses. Who gives a shit? Sometimes I get really pissed off or sad for no reason; I dont need a book to explain why. I already know the answer: Humans are hormonal bitches.

man, you remind me a lot of this guy i knew in high school. he was pretty funny. rediculous, but hilarious.

he once ranted for half an hour about how bullshit power tools are :D

Cyanide ChrYst
09-22-2004, 04:40 PM
I have the ability to BS at great length. Thats why all of my friends respect me so much. I seem to know everything.

pops333
09-22-2004, 07:01 PM
I have the ability to BS at great length. Thats why all of my friends respect me so much. I seem to know everything.

haha

well, you certainly act like you do :D

but really, you're not such a bad guy, its just entertaining to throw insults back and forth.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-22-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm not even close to a bad person. Once people accept that I am a huge dickwad, they realize my opinions start to make a lot of sense.

tcM_Emperor
09-26-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm not even close to a bad person. Once people accept that I am a huge dickwad, they realize my opinions start to make a lot of sense.

Your opinion is that everyone else's opinions are wrong. I don't recall one post where you actually replied saying you agreed and giving input. You always tell them how they're wrong and try to point out why.

Raev'n
09-26-2004, 11:53 PM

If your a dikwad then why should we have accept your opinions. Why would peopl listen to a dikwad in the first place? A self-confessed one at that?

Triangular_Vision
09-27-2004, 05:58 AM
its ok, hes compensating for something...

Cyanide ChrYst
09-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Your opinion is that everyone else's opinions are wrong. I don't recall one post where you actually replied saying you agreed and giving input. You always tell them how they're wrong and try to point out why.

The only reason you think that is because you've been posting in only two threads: This one and "His Son". Of course I'm going to have strong opinions when I've got a room full of retards spoonfeeding me their ass-flavored thoughts. Nobody's thinking for themselves.

Raev'n, I didnt come to this board to be 'accepted'; sorry. I can care less whether you all hate me and want to have sex with me, or love me and want to have sex with me. Nobody here will ever meet; leaving any feuds between anybody completely useless.

tcM_Emperor
09-27-2004, 08:22 PM
The only reason you think that is because you've been posting in only two threads: This one and "His Son". Of course I'm going to have strong opinions when I've got a room full of retards spoonfeeding me their ass-flavored thoughts. Nobody's thinking for themselves.

Raev'n, I didnt come to this board to be 'accepted'; sorry. I can care less whether you all hate me and want to have sex with me, or love me and want to have sex with me. Nobody here will ever meet; leaving any feuds between anybody completely useless.

Strange, I thought thinking of interpretations and expressing their personal opinions was thinking for themselves. And I've posted in a lot more threads then this one...

"The grudge opening sound"
"This song sucks"
and several others.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-27-2004, 08:37 PM
The only problem is that 90% of them are the same.

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
cyanide.... until recently 100% of your posts were the same (they have gotten alot better) and they hardly ever had to do with the band and you are around the 300 mark in posts... which is worse?

RiaN!
10-06-2004, 03:57 PM
For amusement, don't take me seriously now, kids, I think I'll paraphrase this whole thread into one post.

Some Dude Who RiaN! Isnt Going To Bother Getting The Name Of: I reckon that Maynard may be retiring, but I axident@lly put it in da wrong thread, made a new one, ahyuck!

Cyanide: I am now going to be mean and nasty for three pages.

P333: I am going to retaliate (and make more sense, IMO).

Cyanide: GRAAAAGH!! *Insults and piss and vinegar*

P333: Graaagh! *Pointing out flaws and inconsistency*

Triangle: *Lots of decent points shrouded in a clump of text that is not so easy on the eyes*

RiaN!: *Stupid analysis of thread that no one is going to read*

And there you have it.

To return to the true spirit of the thread, as it ORIGINATED. Hmm, it is POSSIBLE, and also LIKELY that at times, this mysterious little bald man sometimes considers quitting the mainstream music industry. One can only speculate.

Regarding the meanings of songs, who cares? Make up your own meaning. Perception is the only reality to the individual, its not universal. Truth for you won't apply to everyone else. CyniChrist *MAY* feel that he is an interesting, intelligent, talented and sensible person. Others may disagree.

Though acting like an asshole kind of detracts from the whole Idea Exchanging Process. But hey, do as you will, my very angry and bitter friend, who I assume is rather fragile inside. I'm here for you. I think you have potential to be a pretty cool guy if you could only mellow out and quit shitting on everyone.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-06-2004, 04:35 PM
I've shit on three people, constantly. Nobody else.
Don't analyze me like I'm weak. I just dislike the existing opinions in this thread.

Dont read into me.

PS- 100% of my posts are the same because I am 100% me, all the time. I have one opinion and it wont change around like everyone elses here.

Anyway;

RiaN!
10-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Where have you BEEN, man? Three people, through something similar to generalization that I can't put my finger on (idiocy), is equivalent to everyone.

I still love you. You can be my hetero-pal!

Cyanide ChrYst
10-06-2004, 09:14 PM
At this point I dont think there's a soul on this board who wants to be your hetero pal.

I share my opinions. Kids here dislike them. Why the fuck would you gather with a group of people to listen to the same exact shit you believe? I came here to read everyone's views. I like some, I dislike others, and once in a while there's one so magnificently stupid I have to comment on it.

Like the kid who started this thread, thinking maynard was subliminally telling him he's retiring because of a few lines from The Patient. You're like a bunch of bitchy feminists.

Triangular_Vision
10-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Hmm... i'll be RiaN's HETERO buddy... he seems cool enough and at least intelligent.

Cyanide... you have thankfully been more selective and censored with your criticism, but you could still be nice about things.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-07-2004, 02:29 PM
No matter what I say, nice or otherwise, you're stalking me in the corner and waiting to point out what you dont like about me. We dislike each other. MOVE ON, dude.

RiaN!
10-09-2004, 01:17 PM
I KNEW someone loved me. Har!

Triangular_Vision
10-10-2004, 07:06 AM
No matter what I say, nice or otherwise, you're stalking me in the corner and waiting to point out what you dont like about me. We dislike each other. MOVE ON, dude.

lmfao. Holy shit you are on the other side for once. I think you misunderstand me dude. I DO like you chrYst. That is why i waste so much time talking to you on these forums. Do you see me talking to hardly anyone else? I think you are incredibly interesting and you have ALOT of things that you wont let come to the forum surface. I do dislike that you are so bitter about alot of things... but i moved past that.

I think you know as well as i do that i have tried several times to alleviate this sense of hostility between us... but we both have our issues. I whish we could find a topic that we could go "hey chryst, i think this what about you?. and then you would go, hey tri, thats crazy, that led me to think this... what made you think that? but that is a long way away.

Im trying to elicit you. If you find yourself in a corner, then find a way out. I do not have corners. Why is that?

RiaN, i love eveyone even you ;)

Cyanide ChrYst
10-10-2004, 07:23 AM
I am not the one in the corner; it is you. If you stop bringing up the fact that we don't get along every time you see me, then we can move the hell on. You're like the ex-girlfriend who continues to remind me shes 'happier being single'.

luke2442
10-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Dude, who cares? We shud all 4get about tool, and listen to decent music, like 50 cent and Greenday. Bcoz we wud have much deeper and more opinionated conversations then....

Cyanide ChrYst
10-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Mars Volta rocks the house. I'm seeing them on the 23rd in irvine.

RiaN!
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Mars Volta isn't astonishing live. They opened for APC in Bozeman, MT, and it was a neat little show, and you could really sense their talent (unless you were one of the bitching morons who stated things such as "D00d, that dayumn opuning band wuz s0 st00pid, an I hayte them for being so gay!").

My only criticism for them is the following:

-PLease PLEASE PLEASE get that damn Jimi Hendrix wannabe guitarist of yours to stop soloing. Good god, stop! Just play music that sounds good. (He'z a better geetarist than YOU, RIAN! you retard-head!) Likely not. Anything he's randomly sloshed out on stage, I can do. But so far, I'm lead to believe that I write better, and even JAM better, Hm.

-Improve your sound quality. For the few and far between periods of time in which one COULD make out the sounds coming from the system, it sounded pretty good. Other than that, it was a mess. ANd it made me sad.

-Don't improv AS MUCH for live performances. Jamming with friends = cool. Jammig with audience = Russian roulette. Though I will say that it was very cool to watch their 45 minute set. They opened with one of their 'songs', movements, whatever, and just evolved it until it became the next, and on and on, and then it came full circle, back to where it started. All in all, I DID enjoy their show, and the singer likes to do handstands for no reason. But then my (at the time) girlfriend informed me of her debilitating migraine. She lasted until Magdalena, halfway through which I ended up taking her as far away from the stage as one could be, and bought her food and drinks to aid. The rest of the show was spent there. Sigh. Atleast I was able to enjoy "Vanishing" and "Pet". The vibe from Vanishing man, THE VIBE!!! WHOA!!!

But I digress.

Cyanide, you = bitter. "Gravity", as per the metaphor spawned by myself and a friend who came back from Iraq, is the force that pulls everything down and turns it to shit. FUck gravity man. Don't let it get you down.

Oh wait, am I having the audacity to assume that some words of encouragement will make someone's day/struggle that much better? Silly RiaN!, you fucking suck!

Cyanide ChrYst
10-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Do you take prozac or anything like that? I had a 6 year old sister that had to take valium to sleep that made more sense than you.

Too bad no band on earth will ever take your advice, rian. You aren't a better guitarist than Volta's, and his shit isn't 'sloshed' together. I've never seen such a magnificent opening act in my life. When I watch a band play, I dont sit there with a pen and paper and try to jot down everything that went wrong.

But then again, that's just depressing old 'gravity' speaking. Let's all be upbeat fruitcakes like Rian and answer our own questions.

Triangular_Vision
10-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Dude, who cares? We shud all 4get about tool, and listen to decent music, like 50 cent and Greenday. Bcoz we wud have much deeper and more opinionated conversations then....

greenday is kind of deep. Ever heard Greenday - Time of Your Life?

RiaN!
10-10-2004, 07:10 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I COULD post a picture of my little band looking almost as fruity as you do, and then fill myself with the delusion that we matter or have talent that anyone will care about.

The happiness is satirical. I'm actually quite a bitter and miserable person, but I don't take it out on strangers. But I suppose that's your prerogative (and yes, I AM comparing you to Britney. You seem about as real as she does. The only thing I see that comes from your posts is "Oh dear me, I am so insecure, I'm going to act all mean so that people will think I'm cool! Wow, daddy never loved me, so I'll spike my hair and look extra punky! I am one cool dude! I'm so complex and deep and no one can understand me."

Sorry, you're two dimensional and mediocre, and you aren't even good at being an asshole. Better luck next time. And no, I'm not on prozac, but that was a very cute attempt at being clever. I suggest you down a bottle or two with another bottle or two of Jack. Call me in the morning.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-10-2004, 09:54 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I COULD post a picture of my little band looking almost as fruity as you do, and then fill myself with the delusion that we matter or have talent that anyone will care about.

The happiness is satirical. I'm actually quite a bitter and miserable person, but I don't take it out on strangers. But I suppose that's your prerogative (and yes, I AM comparing you to Britney. You seem about as real as she does. The only thing I see that comes from your posts is "Oh dear me, I am so insecure, I'm going to act all mean so that people will think I'm cool! Wow, daddy never loved me, so I'll spike my hair and look extra punky! I am one cool dude! I'm so complex and deep and no one can understand me."

Sorry, you're two dimensional and mediocre, and you aren't even good at being an asshole. Better luck next time. And no, I'm not on prozac, but that was a very cute attempt at being clever. I suggest you down a bottle or two with another bottle or two of Jack. Call me in the morning.

Boy, they dont make morons of this quality anymore, do they?
Let's break it down for this sap.

My band plays free shows, only for my school and schools in the district, because we dont have the money, time, talent or will to go big. There's a big band in california here called Sluggo, and they originated at my school, the bassist's name is Cameron. He said his entire family's like 50,000 in the hole for making records and shit.

No way would I do that. I feel like going to college.

You're an angry, bitter person? Everyone who gives a shit, raise their hand. If you can afford a computer, SHUT THE FUCK UP about being depressed. There are commercials on my dad's 7,000 dollar flatscreen tv about kids who cant even afford to eat every night. I have absolutely NO reason to bitch, and neither do you.

I'm not insecure about anything. My problem is, I think I'm the shit. And I get pissed off at people who dont agree with me. My dad loves me too much. We've kissed a few times. Got a problem? I have a penis I'd be willing to put in your mouth; but only if it's as pretty as The Holy Gift's. His mouth is pretty, and I'm not joking.

You obviously havent seen any of my photos. I'm so far from punk it's not even funny. That's hairgel and a tool tshirt...what are you, having a midlife crisis? You seem half intelligent; you tell me if tool shirts are 'punker' these days.

TWO DIMENSIONAL AND MEDIOCRE?! OH SHIT, I'D BETTER ASSIMILATE THIS VESSEL OF CHANGE AND TRY AND CONVINCE THE DUMBASSES AT AN ONLINE FAN FORUM THAT I HAVE MORE ASPECTS TO MY PERSONALITY THAN I SHOW! Holy shit dude, you're breaking my heart with your closet-grown assumptions. Stick them in your ass, will you?

I dont take medication for anything except my glaucoma. *dry snicker with no smile. More like an open-mouthed sound that is similar to a snicker, really*

The only paradox at this board is Triangular Vision, and that's only because he believes in forest dwarves.

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 07:10 AM
i thought we agreed to keep that a secret

RiaN!
10-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Wow Cyanide. You sure showed me. And yes, I've seen your pictures. How they've left dark stains on my soul that will never come out.

And I disagree with you.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-11-2004, 02:54 PM
You disagree with me? You're the first kid here to ever do something that out of line. If I rolled my eyes one more time they'd fall out of my head.

RiaN!
10-11-2004, 07:42 PM
And I'm sure everyone would weep in sorrow.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-11-2004, 08:26 PM
If they did I'm sure they'd draw the plastic emotion from the same well they draw their tolerance for you.

Triangular_Vision
10-12-2004, 09:37 AM
or from the same shallow ass well that you draw your personality from...

RiaN!
10-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Fighting with Cyanide was fun for about a day. But now its old, tired, predictable.

"Hmm, I wonder what Cyanide is going to say today? Well let me just check. Oh! Wouldn't ya know it! He's being an asshole, and STILL brings nothing to the table. Everyone's favorite curmudgeon is losing his flavor."

IC
10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
hey he made with this thread the biggest collection to the album section there's been in how long. haha

Reggin
10-12-2004, 01:31 PM

Cyanide ChrYst
10-12-2004, 08:34 PM
hey he made with this thread the biggest collection to the album section there's been in how long. haha

Well I do what I can to contribute, man.

Rian, if blandness could be exchanged for money, you'd be the Bill Gates of Boring.

RiaN!
10-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Hurray! Glad you took the time to think about me to make that association.

Triangular_Vision
10-13-2004, 05:20 PM
lol

IC
10-13-2004, 05:34 PM
you kids is crazy.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Hurray! Glad you took the time to think about me to make that association.

Didn't take much thought; it was right there in front of us. ;)

Triangular_Vision
10-14-2004, 08:13 AM
in front of some of us... again, not all of us are obsessed with money, bmw's, cell phones, and express ;)

Cyanide ChrYst
10-14-2004, 03:28 PM
I drive a 2000 honda civic my daddy bought me, but I wouldnt trade it for anything else. I fill up the tank like twice month.

Raev'n
10-16-2004, 09:44 PM
yeah how much is petrol in the US? (if that's where you live). Cause its 125 cents(NZ) over here

Cyanide ChrYst
10-16-2004, 10:26 PM
In southern california it's $2.35 a gallon right now. Usually it's 1.60...

exojjl
10-16-2004, 11:19 PM

ok.
Are natzi people religous?
If you actually ever have listened to maynards lyrics or even know anything about what hes talking about, you find he isnt even anti religous, and a matter of fact, i believe he is very religous. He has said he isnt anti religous and he just hates the middlemen who profit and this and that from religion. If you even knew anything about Merkaba, you would also find this. From what I know about Merkaba is that basicly you need to be a religous person. If i remember correctly, only baptised people can be a part of it, and you can only find it from the love of god.
So basicly I believe he has been in a part of Merkaba, and from what i see of him and his lyrics, it just makes sense to. You must have meant he was natzi in a different sense. Are you going to get your shit together and explain to us what this other sense is?

use your fucking brain, or did you leave it in your mothers womb before you were born?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-17-2004, 07:48 AM
Lol, dude that kid doesnt even post here anymore. That quote is like a month old.

Nazis were catholic and christian. As most of Germany is today.

RiaN!
10-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I must commend that dramatic though highly delayed entrance. It reminds me of Saving Private Ryan, where Upham, the little corporal, hides through the entire battle, then pops out at the last minute, and fires one shot. Whoa, Brave Little Toaster.

We passed THAT subject, then me and Cynnabun played 'catch' with half baked insults to pass the time, and now we're talking about the price of fuel in different parts of the world. My strong advice to you, my homedizzle, is that you locate the page numbers just under Similar Threads, and you be sure to read all of the posts before charging your pirate ass into discussion.

Looks like you've got a little Captain in ya.

Raev'n
10-17-2004, 02:37 PM
How many litres to a gallon or vice versa?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
I think there's like 3.1 litres in one gallon; I dont remember.

Saving Private Ryan's one of my all time favorite movies. And upham is a fucking twank. You realize the german he shot at the end was the very german he saved before; right?

Dude, he let the jew get STABBED SLOWLY TO DEATH. Getting stabbed has to be like the third worst thing to ever happen to you.

exojjl
10-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I must commend that dramatic though highly delayed entrance. It reminds me of Saving Private Ryan, where Upham, the little corporal, hides through the entire battle, then pops out at the last minute, and fires one shot. Whoa, Brave Little Toaster.

We passed THAT subject, then me and Cynnabun played 'catch' with half baked insults to pass the time, and now we're talking about the price of fuel in different parts of the world. My strong advice to you, my homedizzle, is that you locate the page numbers just under Similar Threads, and you be sure to read all of the posts before charging your pirate ass into discussion.

Looks like you've got a little Captain in ya.

yeah, maybe i shouldnt post on here while im drunk. Although many of my factions i can perform better while drunk. Like walking, i walk drunk when im not drunk, i drink some beer, and i walk somewhat better.

exojjl
10-18-2004, 10:34 PM
. Getting stabbed has to be like the third worst thing to ever happen to you.

yeah, that and not getting stabbed.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-20-2004, 04:01 PM
I dont get it.

Raev'n
10-21-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah me too. Maybe if we analyzed it hardcor for like, 3 days just sitting here staring at it maybe we could understand the deep, hidden meaning behind those words.

While on acid cause acid is cool.

exojjl
10-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah me too. Maybe if we analyzed it hardcor for like, 3 days just sitting here staring at it maybe we could understand the deep, hidden meaning behind those words.

While on acid cause acid is cool.

im saying not getting stabbed is just as worse then getting stabbed

Cyanide ChrYst
10-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Why would not being stabbed rival being stabbed?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey, speaking of dumbasses, I just got back from the Mars Volta/Pixies concert.

TMV was fucking amazing. They played only 3 songs; but in case you've never seen them live, they play a billion miles per hour for 30 minutes each song. It was the most incredible thing I've EVER seen.

Pixies sucked. Me and my friend fucking went home.

RiaN!
10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Ha ha ha ha, glad to hear you liked TMV. How was their sound this time around? I hope it was better then it was in Bozeman. I don't think they were fairly judged by all the idiot drunken frat fucks who came to see A concert. Fucking morons, I'm so much better, blah blah blah.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-24-2004, 11:57 AM
The sound was awesome. It was an outdoor concert in the cold; so it sounded perfect. They made Cedric's voice really sharp and tiny with lots of trebel, but then added a shitload of deep bass to the drums and actual bass. The guitar was in between...so the music had a lot of diversity and sounded perfect. They literally played for 20 minutes a song. It was just amazing.

RiaN!
10-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Yeah, even in a hockey "stadium", they were capable of giving me wood.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I've been obsessed with them the last few days since I saw them.

I'm even slaving over their art in photoshop.

TheHolyGift
10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Rian, if blandness could be exchanged for money, you'd be the Bill Gates of Boring.

You just never stop making me laugh, do you? I've had to resort to wearing depends every time I go on TDN.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
I tease to please.

Raev'n
10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Lurve the Sig.

PS. how did you get "un-n00bed"? for your last sig?

Cyanide ChrYst
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Brightwell went into my profile and changed it, i assume. Because he's really classy like that. So I've dedicated a little something to him.

exojjl
10-29-2004, 10:01 PM
fuck you

Cyanide ChrYst
10-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Once again, who the fuck are you talking to?

Raev'n
10-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Probably you cause he needs something to do in between bouts of masturbation

Cyanide ChrYst
10-31-2004, 09:27 AM
This topic needs to be closed already. It's gone on too long.

Raev'n
11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
What topic?

Cyanide ChrYst
11-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Hot Topic.

Raev'n
11-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Whats the worst hing someone has said to you about Tool?

Cyanide ChrYst
11-05-2004, 05:11 PM
That they're 'boring'...which I found extremely offensive.

luke2442
11-07-2004, 07:00 AM
None of my friends like tool, referring to them as "Too Longwinded", "Pretentious" or whatever. Theyre not the best band in the world, fair enough, but they are incredibly complex, and possess a depth in their music much deeper than any of the bands my friends listen to, but thats because theyre not as musically knowledgable as me..... ;)

Cyanide ChrYst
11-07-2004, 08:44 PM
On the contrary..I think tool probably is the best band right now. Not in the history of music, but the best band that is still recording.

Raev'n
11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
hmmm what would be the best band in the history of music?

Cyanide ChrYst
11-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Uhm. Probably like...maybe zep or beatles. In my opinion. I mean beatles were so new they came in and kicked everyone in the face.

zacharyv
11-25-2004, 08:36 PM
I don't know if the beatles "Kicked anyone in the face"... Elvis sure as fuck did though. The beatles just made the little girls all wet.

Then again, I don't even know why I'm posting here right now.

Cyanide ChrYst
11-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Yeah, you're about a month too late...this board totally shut off.

tcM_Emperor
12-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Didn't think you'd still be around Cyanide :P

Cyanide ChrYst
12-18-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm really not...I'm on a mars volta site now. This board is totally stagnant, but when the new album comes it will be chipper again.

Anybody have any idea when that is? Even in the ballpark?

IC
12-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Im gonna go with late 2005/2006. But CC, when there starts to be actual news as to them recording, the board will come alive again. I saw it once and I';ll see it again. I've been on NIN boards to try and pass the time.

CrownOfNegativity
01-31-2005, 11:28 AM
How about no. Who the fuck is Mike Patton?

MrMcPheezy
01-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Who the fuck is Mike Patton?

Fucking noob.

tempest
01-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Who the fuck is Mike Patton?

Mike Patton is an East Romanian long haul truck driver for Shell who recently came into the lime light after being discovered to have the unprecedented ability of being able to replicate the acoustics of a full tribal drum orchestra merely by tapping his stomach and belching through a truck horn. On the 19th of November 2003, Mike Patton went missing. He is presumed dead.

MrMcPheezy
01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Mike Patton is an East Romanian long haul truck driver for Shell who recently came into the lime light after being discovered to have the unprecedented ability of being able to replicate the acoustics of a full tribal drum orchestra merely by tapping his stomach and belching through a truck horn. On the 19th of November 2003, Mike Patton went missing. He is presumed dead.

Was this supposed to be funny or what?

tempest
01-31-2005, 02:25 PM
No, no it wasn't. It was partly intended to incite a 'fucking noob'-esque remark, the ones you seem to hold in such high a tier. It was also meant to entertain me momentarily as I sought interest in the thread but couldn't be bothered to make a viable contribution. Better to make none at all yes? Well, I'll go seek your much sought after approval and acceptance elsewhere.

Haha, peace.

MrMcPheezy
01-31-2005, 02:52 PM
I'll go seek your much sought after approval and acceptance elsewhere.

You're never going to get it, n00b.

Raev'n
01-31-2005, 11:01 PM
You're never going to get it, n00b.

I'd say someone needs a bit of time alone in the corner with his bottle and a blankey.

MrMcPheezy
01-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah tempest, get in the fucking corner.

Triangular_Vision
02-01-2005, 05:30 AM
On the contrary..I think tool probably is the best band right now. Not in the history of music, but the best band that is still recording.

word. Allthough i cant really think of a band that i have been exposed to that is *in my opinion... better.

tempest
02-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Pheezy, just... let it go, my friend.

I agree with Triangular and Cyanide, Tool are probably the best 'active' band around now, that i know of. But definitely not the best ever.

MrMcPheezy
02-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Pheezy, just... let it go, my friend.

Don't call me "pheezy", and don't call me your friend.

tempest
02-01-2005, 11:19 AM
'Pheezy' was not a term of endearment. I just couldn't really be arsed to make sure what it was and then type it out in full. Likewise neither was 'my friend' such a term. Nevertheless, I will remember both of those requests with astounding accuracy. :) Smile motherfucka, smile.

MrMcPheezy
02-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I will remember both of those requests with astounding accuracy.

Good.

tempest
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
!

Cyanide ChrYst
02-04-2005, 11:03 PM
God damn, can you guys get along? It's ME that's supposed to be upholding all of the assholery.

Tool is taking their damn sweet time; I doubt they've even began recording maynard's vocals yet. But what do I know.

paraflux
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Again, you arent an asshole. Just a moron. Did the poll you started not teach you anything?

tempest
02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Again, you arent an asshole. Just a moron. Did the poll you started not teach you anything?
What is this poll you speak of?

Cyanide ChrYst
02-08-2005, 09:02 PM
I made a poll a while ago, I cant remember what of or the location of it. People probably didn't vote in my favor for biggest asshole primarily to spite me.

Which yet again fails.

MrMcPheezy
02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
People probably didn't vote in my favor for biggest asshole primarily to spite me.

Either that, or we all think of you as more of an idiot than anything else.

tempest
02-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Unfourtunately I could not find it, but rest assured I would have voted.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Dude, just so everyone knows, last night I had the worst physical pain I've ever experienced somewhere in my lower abdomen to the right and left sides; under my hip bones. Upon further investigation, it turned out that I either caught some miniature parasite or ate something terribly wrong because I expelled around two full gallons of liquid feces in two (literal) sittings.

I now feel better and refreshed but I am afraid to eat anything.

exojjl
02-13-2005, 01:51 AM
because I am a huge fan of tool as a whole, I do not care if maynard retires. If thats what he wants to do, then theres nothing I can do about nor would want to do about it (I will enjoy what work they have done to the fullest extent that I will).
So fuck you if you dont want maynard to retire (every man needs his rest).

exojjl
02-13-2005, 01:52 AM
because I am a huge fan of tool as a whole, I do not care if maynard retires. If thats what he wants to do, then theres nothing I can do about nor would want to do about it (I will enjoy what work they have done to the fullest extent that I will).
So fuck you if you dont want maynard to retire (every man needs his rest).

(there are worst things in the world I can worry about)

Cyanide ChrYst
02-13-2005, 10:23 PM
If tool broke up I think I'd actually cry, though.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I almost cried one time at the end of Parabola, after a breakup, where maynard says "Embrace this moment - remember - we are eternal; all this pain is an illusion."

I would soooooo suck him off.