PDA

View Full Version : Depression maybe what is going on...

Lackymacky
07-25-2004, 06:47 PM
alright im a newb and this is my first post! please be sympathetic with posts! ;) alright well obviously everyone has their own interpretations of songs, and im certain that mine isnt correct because in one of the articles maynard says that reflection has to do with taking credit for information (obviously more to it than that). but i have one that sort goes with that..

Disposition: when people DISposition themselves it is to remove yourself from it..to take away from a group of people. and when someone is depressed they are alone they sit there and they just want to talk to someone or someone to talk to them "mention this to me..mention anything.." to someone who is depressed each day is the same each day goes by without someone talking to them, hence "watch the weather change" each day goes by and the weather doesnt change..it just stays dark and cloudy...

Reflection: to reflect on the past..to reflect on something you notice you see what is really there you look for the first time.. "I have come curiously close to the end, though Beneath my self indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated I Concede and move closer. I may find comfort here I may find peace within the emptiness. How pitiful. It's calling me" when youre depressed you want to be alone you feel sorry for yourself your "self indulgent hole" you dig and dig you want to cry you dont want to be happy you try to feel comfort in anything that will grasp you..but then suddenly...

And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping.
The moon tells me a secret. My confidant.
As full and bright as I am, this light is not my own
A million light reflections pass over me
It's source is bright and endless.
She resuscitates the hopeless
Without her we are lifeless satellites drifting.

And as I pull my head out
I am without one doubt
Don't want to be down here
Feeding my narcissism I
Must crucify the ego
Before it's far too late
I pray the light lifts me out

Before I pine away.

you realize..you REFLECT you see what is actually going on you see that you are not helping yourself you are just being pessimistic and feeling bad for yourself you are naiive and that is the secret..that youve been in your own light thinking about yourself when there was nothing wrong in the first place..i love the line crucify your ego, because it is very true. all its saying is that to see clearly you cant think about yourself, at least thats how i view it, that you cant just sit there and be conceited all the time you must see what is actually going on or what is actually being said not what you want to be said..

So crucify the ego
Before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so
Negative and blind and cynical

And we will come to find
That we are all one mind
Capable of all that's
Imagine the unconceivable

Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill thorough
Just let them pass right through,
Bringing out our hope and reason.

Before we pine away.

another reason i love tool...so optimistic...the only way to stop being upset stop arguing is to crucify your ego, to let go of what someone wants to see/hear/feel and then that way more people will work together and be united and see what we are all, basically, the same. this will only happen if you let the light touch you and let the words pass through and if you listen and actually see.

Triad: now this one, to be honest, not so sure about..but i think its after the depression after realization after all of that..its just harmony which is seen in the silent part of triad after all that youll get your peace

alright im done! the lyrics might be iffy, i just needed a quick reference so i clicked any sight. and if this doesnt make sense sorry! Post!!

damonsin
07-28-2004, 03:41 AM
definately

Lackymacky
08-02-2004, 01:40 PM
yeah...well its not just depression, i mean thats just a theory. but overall i think its being seperated, doesnt have to mean physically, as in from your mind. your thoughts. and then just reflecting on it, as i said seeing what is actually there. then i think triad is just the tranquility that comes with that.

!

Elgyn
08-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I liked your interpretation,
I've previously come to a similar one myself.

Good work.

Lackymacky
08-03-2004, 06:17 AM
oh thank you :)

Lackymacky
08-03-2004, 02:54 PM
yeah during, to me, in the middle of the song is when he/she does. but during disposition and the begining of reflection i just get this feeling that the person feels bad for themselves and just wants to hide away

spunessa
08-11-2004, 01:32 AM
i agree but i think you are right about the feeling bad but not necessarily for themselves but for who they are ego ugliness and all...an acceptance of their ego and it's actions and thoughts...in their blindness because their is a knowledge that
the ego exists..and it can be controlling..

yeah during, to me, in the middle of the song is when he/she does. but during disposition and the begining of reflection i just get this feeling that the person feels bad for themselves and just wants to hide away

Lackymacky
08-11-2004, 05:07 AM
what do you mean ego ugliness?

Lackymacky
09-03-2004, 05:09 PM
that was a dumb question

>>my question<<

!!

MentalSanityOff
03-16-2005, 03:15 PM
ive always taken disposition to mean something along those lines, though not quite depression. more like an intense desire for something new to happen... mention something, mention anything. it doesn't matter what, so long as it's something, something new. watch the weather change, just sit back and watch the world rotate, watching the weather change, waiting for something to be mentioned.