PDA

View Full Version : if you were i and i were you

mended_halo21
07-22-2004, 07:54 PM
ok, dont bash me on this, this is just my second post on here. but i was messing around with the lyrics to sober awhile back and thought it would be funny to change the (i's) to (you's) and the (you's) to (i's), with the (me's) to (you's) and vise versa. heres an example

" you are just a worthless liar, you are just an imbecile, you will only complicate me, trust in you and fall as well, you will find the center in me, you will chew it up and leave, you will work to elevate me just enough to bring me down. "

and i thought it was funny stuff. well it seems to fit in almost every Tool song, try it, its actaually quite amusing.

heres another funny example

" jesus christ why dont i come save your life, open your eyes blind you with my light"

oh well thats just me being stupid and bored.

-thank you for reading-

aaron92
07-22-2004, 09:31 PM
ya i know what u are talking about and it is really funny thanks for your stupid and bored comment jk

mended_halo21
07-22-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah no problem im always bored and stupid...heres another one fer ya

" you are too connected to me, to slip away fade away. days away you still feel me touching you changing you,and considerately killing you "

Mr Omnipotent
07-23-2004, 01:39 AM
uhh you could relatively do that with any song you know...

mended_halo21
07-23-2004, 09:25 AM
nope,ive tried doesnt seem to fit right. i mean i may or may not fit but most of the time it just doesnt work out. now it works well with pretty much all Tool's songs. so uhm yeah .

Et in Arcadia Ego
07-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Hmmm, kept me entertained... Never thought of that before...

All you are doing is changing perspective and meaning around...

But where's a song (non-Tool?) that you can't do it with?

mended_halo21
07-24-2004, 09:32 AM
uhm ive tried it with a few NIN songs seems to fit for a few like 'Perfect Drug' but for some reason when i went to do it to like maybe a Type O Negative song, just didnt seem to fit right. Most of the time it works to only half the song or in Tools case EVER SONG.

IC
08-04-2004, 05:47 AM
I think it is VERY interesting. Especially with sober. I dont know if you picked up on the point of Sober plus what Maynard had said in one interview, where he was asked about how he writes a song. he says "well I really went out of my way to find out what I hated about people. What do I hate about you, what bugs me about you. And then you change the you into me, and you get some interesting things..."

So sober has to deal with drug or alcohol issues. what will a person with these problems do when you confront them with it? Deny.....turn the you into I.