PDA

View Full Version : Aenema "swimming" interpretation

once
07-21-2004, 12:57 PM
This is a possible swimming interpretation in the song Aenema. Obviously things can have more than one meaning. In the song "blue" by APC he is obviously using symbolism "best to keep things in the shallow end, cause I never quite learned how to swim." In Hinduism/Buddhism swimming is an analogy for enlightenment. Back then they thought a fish was always awake in the river while swimming and it was used as an analogy. If one understands spiritual teachings the rest of the line makes sense in this regard "one great big festering neon distraction I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied, learn to swim."

Orph8998
07-23-2004, 08:09 PM
interesting, but alas, no one pays any midn to the album interpritations any more so i don't think you will get a good debate out of this

Xaero
08-02-2004, 09:45 PM

Xaero
08-02-2004, 09:49 PM
shit sorry, yeah, i noticed the same thing today between the two songs, and my first thought was that it was his anima confronting his persona. the whole "im praying for rain" etc is his persona, and his anima is saying hold up first we gotta learn to swim. or enlighten our soul...