PDA

View Full Version : Eulogy real lyrics (not wrong ones posted)

once
07-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Eulogy has several lines that are posted wrong pretty much everywhere. They change the meaning of the song a ton, since it is hard to interpret something when the lyrics are not even correct.
At the end of the song it is not, "for your sins and your lies," the actual lyrics are "for our sins and our lies."
Also in the line "I swallowed his fascade" is wrong. It is "I swallowed his inside." fascade and inside are completel opposites.
The line "ranting and pointing his finger at everything but his heart" is wrong as well. It is hard to hear due to the voice being muffled, but you can hear it good on live versions. He doesn't say "his heart" it is "his fart." I know this sounds like a joke, but if you listen to it (especially on live versions) you can hear it. This obviously is a joke in this part of the song (not dissing someone). Anyone who thinks this song is about someone who is dead needs to look at the lyrics. "You must be.." at the end of the song. It isn't you were.
This is one of several songs that Maynard purposely lies about to keep people in the dark about what he is actually singing about.

Divine_left
07-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Just so you know (since this is the 2nd thread I've seen from you where you "correct" lyrics), the lyrics that are posted on this website were submitted by Maynard.

It's really hard for someone to mis-interpret their own lyrics.

So, unless you are Maynard, and you're here to correct some typos you made in previous e-mails to Kabir, you're wrong.

imaduh
07-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Best reinterpretation of a songs lyric since Eine Hunde ist Shwein? I thinks so!
Kudos man, kudos.

incompletedaat
08-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Also in the line "I swallowed his fascade" is wrong. It is "I swallowed his inside." fascade and inside are completel opposites.

I'm sorry, first of all you're wrong. Second of all facade has no 's' in it. And third of all, he sings "And i swallowed his facade because i'm so eger to identify with someone above a crowd", and if you think thats wrong, then you don't know how to pronounce the word facade.

From the concise oxford dictionary:

facade/ fe'sa:d .noun. 1. the face of a building, especailly it's principal front. 2. a deceptive outward appearance
ORIGIN C17: from france. facade(with an acsent on the 'c'), from the word face, on the pattern of italian. facciata

BYE!

(oh, and you don't know how to spell complete either!).

Kapoo
08-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Eulogy has several lines that are posted wrong pretty much everywhere. They change the meaning of the song a ton, since it is hard to interpret something when the lyrics are not even correct.
At the end of the song it is not, "for your sins and your lies," the actual lyrics are "for our sins and our lies."
The line "ranting and pointing his finger at everything but his heart" is wrong as well. It is hard to hear due to the voice being muffled, but you can hear it good on live versions. He doesn't say "his heart" it is "his fart." I know this sounds like a joke, but if you listen to it (especially on live versions) you can hear it. This obviously is a joke in this part of the song (not dissing someone). Anyone who thinks this song is about someone who is dead needs to look at the lyrics. "You must be.." at the end of the song. It isn't you were.
This is one of several songs that Maynard purposely lies about to keep people in the dark about what he is actually singing about.

This would be a whole lot cooler if I (or anyone for that matter) cared

Disgustipating
08-17-2004, 02:34 PM

why does maynard purposely lie about this song? it doesnt make sense. does he submit the lyrics falsley so all the 'foolish' people would beleive them, while all the geniouses like you are able to realize the true meaning? wow. that would be stupid..

Chaos Theory
08-31-2004, 07:28 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Once is a fucking moron for all the reasons described above. He should be shot. Horribly.

Ertai
09-07-2004, 06:52 AM
The line "ranting and pointing his finger at everything but his heart" is wrong as well. It is hard to hear due to the voice being muffled, but you can hear it good on live versions. He doesn't say "his heart" it is "his fart." I know this sounds like a joke, but if you listen to it (especially on live versions) you can hear it.

i think it is heart, maybe he was just having fun during a live show...

Raev'n
09-09-2004, 03:04 PM
...Wow... Another useless thread by someone who thinks they know everything... Unfortunately incompletedaat, youe spelling of "eger" is also wrong. Eger has an A lol.

pathological2
07-22-2005, 09:12 AM
I totally agree with "our sins and our lies". But "fart". No fucking way. It's definitely "heart".

Goldfoot
07-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Learn to fucking read:

Most of these transcriptions came straight from the Man's computer. How he writes his lyrics/poetry and then translates that into music is up to him. Think of them as photographs; you don't look exactly the same in every picture, but it is still you.

Haxpanda
08-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Blah Blah Blah Blah. As long as the song makes you feel the way its suppose to, i don't give a shit what Maynard says. Unlike other bands, i found alot more in the music and the singing than analyizing the lyrics.

JadeDen
09-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I know it's been 5 years since the last post, but I really think once needs to see this (although s/he probably won't).

once, I think you're totally right (except it's definitely "facade," and I don't know about "fart," but totally conceivable). I seriously think Maynard likes to fuck with most of his fans, but the deliberate lyrical modifications seem to me like a reward for good analytical skills in addition to being a method for shadowing many of his true private emotions/beliefs. It's like a-whole-nother level of poetry.